Pre-Game Talk: Sharks in the SENS Den, Friday 7:30 pm on TSN

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
After tonight's game, the Senators are tied for 1st in the league in faceoff win percentage.

Great win tonight, Sens fans. I know the season's been rough so far, but what a great comeback. Impressive that the crowd was so into it, too, despite the standings. Hope they keep building off this!

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Amazing game for the Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan line.

Also Chabot, Karlsson, Brassard, Dzingel, Stone... Pretty much everybody played well.

Great reaction game from Hoff amid all the trade speculation, and nice to see Duchene get a 3 point night!

edit:

I'm so NOT surprised to see what happens when:
1) The team isn't playing back
2) All our tpo 6 players are in the top 6 (*cough* HOFFMAN *cough*)
3) Chabot plays as much as he should.

Oh and shoot Oduya to the moon please. Or just another team would be fine.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I was watching the gold medal game but checking my phone and saw 4-1 in the second. So I didn't bother checking until after the Gold medal for Canada. Did Crawford take over in the 3rd period or something?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Great win tonight, Sens fans. I know the season's been rough so far, but what a great comeback. Impressive that the crowd was so into it, too, despite the standings. Hope they keep building off this!
Attendance: 16,061 (86.8% full)

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Id like a graphic of the odds we get a pick If we keep him until TDL
What are the certainty we get a pick by keeping him until TDL and wasting a roster spot?

A LOT of D men, on expiring contracts are traded at the TD, as I expect Oduya will.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Typical, one game where I figure it's a lost cause and I end up focused on the Gold Medal game, and they end up winning. I even followed the updates until it was 5-2. Great win though and good for Duchene. Amusing how they ended up winning in 7 seconds after the result of the last game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
However, it is not correlating with wins and points earned.

True,.. but that's about what happens after they win it.. they are not a good possession team although it is a key part of being a good possession team. We have to be able to celebrate the little things at this point.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
When the team plays Boucher’s 1-3-1 black hole of offence system, they suck. When they are set free to play offensive hockey for one period they do very well. Hope Boucher has learned something. But I have no faith in him.

It's true this team is better suited for run and gun yet they are expected to play like stay back 4th liners who don't have the speed to apply a hard fore check.

Reactions: Cosmix

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Usually teams give up goals when the goaltender isn't playing well.

Great, but he's part of the team and it's still a problem.

We have two goalies and neither of them are playing well.

They either get better or our team continues to suck

Not to mention, if 2 of them were Anderson specials, what about the other 3?

It's not as if we are keeping the shot totals down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad