Pre-Game Talk: Sharks in the SENS Den, Friday 7:30 pm on TSN

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Tonight is just further example of why coaching is the main issue with the team.

Because when they ignore the system and just go for it, they CAN score. Generating tons of offensive momentum also relieves pressure on defense, which I'm sure a still-recovering Karlsson appreciates. And with guys like Phaneuf and Ceci struggling mightily in their zone, any time we spend not watching the opponent skate around in our end is a godsend.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Wonder if Hoffman and Duchene are getting some chemistry (along with Ryan)
Should've kept Hoff and Duch together for a while instead of giving up on it after the 2 games in Sweden

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Tonight is just further example of why coaching is the main issue with the team.

Because when they ignore the system and just go for it, they CAN score. Generating tons of offensive momentum also relieves pressure on defense, which I'm sure a still-recovering Karlsson appreciates. And with guys like Phaneuf and Ceci struggling mightily in their zone, any time we spend not watching the opponent skate around in our end is a godsend.

It was our neutral zone play and break outs that got us this win tonight. The team wasn't spread out all over the ice, they were playing as a unit, making tight short passes with the odd stretch pass. It was the system that we played last year, the only difference is that we have more offensive fire power and jam this season. Duchene can take over a game when he's at is best, and that is what I was hoping for. I said he needed to play more like Crosby, and tonight he did.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
2 good stats:

Brassard has 3 less goals than all of last season, in 42 less games.

Exact same thing for Dzingel.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Good thing Burns is big and covers some ice because his defense is so damn bad. The guy’s reads and positionning are straight up awful, embarassing.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Good thing Burns is big and covers some ice because his defense is so damn bad. The guy’s reads and positionning are straight up awful, embarassing.
This was the frustrating thing about Karlsson not wining the Norris last year. The year before Karlsson put up an insane stat line with mediocre to bad defense but they favoured Doughty's defensive game with mediocre offensive numbers. Karlsson puts up an insane defensive season along with numbers that aren't far off Burns' but Burns still wasn't great defensively and Karlsson loses. The logic for him losing didn't apply the following season to Burns. Extreme bias or just terrible voters IMO. Karlsson should have 4 Norris trophies even without his injured Achilles season in which he would have easily won. He's our problem though right guys?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Hope that feel-good comeback brings some light into these boys' lives. Let's build on it!

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
First 10 minutes of third was total havoc in Sharks zone. I would be mad if today they go back to Boucher system.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
OTTAWA SENATORS LINES FOR 2018-01-05
EVEN STRENGTH
FORWARDS

DEFENCE

POWER PLAY
FORWARDS

DEFENCE

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He's our problem though right guys?

what do EK's historical seasons have to do with this season?

he and Anderson/Condon are our two biggest issues this year regardless of how many norris trophies he has. It's injury related rather than decline so hopefully he rebounds.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
The more I watch this team play the more I realize how much Boucher’s system is the main determinant in their abysmal performance this season.
This guy should never be allowed to coach an NHL team. What a sad, soul crushing, entertainment free excuse for a hockey system.

The horses were set free in the 3rd period last night if only for a period. It will be back to his dog**** approach tonight though.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
This game reminded me of the Columbus game. Great comeback. Hopefully they can build off it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
this 3 points in 2 games isn’t helping the tank.

Let’s get back to our losing ways tonight. Come on guys, no more funny business. Unless you’re making the playoffs, just lose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad