Rumor: Sharks Getting Jersey Modification?

sonticus

Blown Tire
Oct 3, 2010
Sacramento, CA
they want to remove the jumping Sharks from the shoulders, and replace them with any of the various unused logos, such as the shield, fin in diamond, or wordmark.

I assume this is the one you're referring to?

san_jose_sharks_secondary_logo.png

RIP Jumping Shark

NWShark*

Right here. Best jersey the Sharks have ever worn. The old logo doesn't necessarily have to come back. Keep the new logo just please take the orange out, it had no place in the original team color and has no place in it now. Go back to this teal.

Sharks09.png

Agree 100%. Loved these jerseys! They would be great with the new logo too!

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I know a few people that work with Reebok with NHL merchandise.
Prepare for no numbers in front. Here's what I got the birdies to squawk.

The Sharks realized that they wouldn't have the numbers during the Stanley Cup Finals, so they want to drop it.

Along with that, they want to remove the jumping Sharks from the shoulders, and replace them with any of the various unused logos, such as the shield, fin in diamond, or wordmark.

Currently, Worcester uses the wordmark and shield on their shoulders.

They will NOT be removing the orange, they will NOT be changing the jerseys, as they signed 3 more years of this jersey design, along with the "BlackArmor" jerseys.

PS It's good to be back, first post in 6 months.

I seriously dislike the black jersey because it needs a smidgen more teal, and maybe teal socks or helmet or something so this is somewhat unfortunate. I do hope they put the fin back on the shoulder though.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I actually like the new logo a bit more than the old one to be honest. The old logo is sick but the new one is even better, not sure why some of you guys don't like it to be honest. I will say that I like the previous home and away jerseys though more than the current ones we have now, except I like the black armor jerseys better than the old black one. Also I don't dislike the orange as much as some of you guys but I agree that I would like the grey/silver back instead of the orange but I'm not sure how good grey/silver will look on the new jerseys because lets face it the new jerseys are staying if its a small change but I wonder if that's the change we'll see. I was also too young to watch the Sharks in the 90's so I haven't really seen the old jersey's worn.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I love the black jerseys and I know others do as well, but reading this board and all the hate for them has me self conscious walking around the tank knowing some of you are looking at me and thinking "Look at that loser wearing a black jersey, man those suck" :laugh:

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada

The Sharks realized that they wouldn't have the numbers during the Stanley Cup Finals, so they want to drop it.

Along with that, they want to remove the jumping Sharks from the shoulders, and replace them with any of the various unused logos, such as the shield, fin in diamond, or wordmark.

They will NOT be removing the orange, they will NOT be changing the jerseys, as they signed 3 more years of this jersey design, along with the "BlackArmor" jerseys.

so they're removing the two worst parts of the jersey, IMO

I don't mind the orange myself

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

Worcester's white jersey has the "old" SJ logo on the front, SJ shield in the left shoulder and the Worcester shield in the right. The teal jerseys have the Worcester shield logo on the front, "old" SJ logo in the right shoulder, and SJ shield logo on the left.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Worcester's white jersey has the "old" SJ logo on the front, SJ shield in the left shoulder and the Worcester shield in the right. The teal jerseys have the Worcester shield logo on the front, "old" SJ logo in the right shoulder, and SJ shield logo on the left.

Their teal is annoying because I swear the teal in the shield and the teal in the jersey do not match, actually the entire skeem is annoying. The teal should have the old logo, the white should have the shield, the black should have the shield.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Their teal is annoying because I swear the teal in the shield and the teal in the jersey do not match, actually the entire skeem is annoying. The teal should have the old logo, the white should have the shield, the black should have the shield.

There are four shades of teal (one is almost white it's so light) in the Worcester Shield, the darkest does match the jersey.

AliBaba

Jan 16, 2013
Bay Area
I just hope they take off the shoulder part completely, if not just the busy ass shoulder patches.

No orange/no front #/no black shoulder thing plz

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I love the black jerseys and I know others do as well, but reading this board and all the hate for them has me self conscious walking around the tank knowing some of you are looking at me and thinking "Look at that loser wearing a black jersey, man those suck" :laugh:

I like the black jersey and it's the one I wear most often (I let the misses wear the regular teal home jersey).

BUT tonight is the home opener and we've been waiting for Sharks hockey back at HP for a long time. IMHO, I want to see them tonight in their primary home teal jerseys, but since it's "Black Thursday," they'll probably go black. :(

MetalMind

May 3, 2010
Berkeley
I'm all for changing that jumping shark patch. That thing was a pain to do in chainmail. Now I just have to hope that they aren't changing too much of the rest of it :laugh:

skilks

This is nightmare
Jul 14, 2009
San Francisco
www.facebook.com

Makes sense. I have been curious why they never used the fin logo, I loved the old one.

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011

LMAO, I was thinking the same thing. I actually like the black armor the best of the three right now.

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011

Of course I would love to be wrong about this, but I don't think the Sharks will have to worry about that for quite some time.

drthunder005

Jan 22, 2013
Sharks09.png

These are my favorite set of Sharks jerseys, too. I must admit, though, that nothing beats the original white home jerseys the Sharks wore when they first came into existence.

I do hope that they get rid of the numbers on the front and maybe a return to the fin patch on the shoulders. I bet they'll try and incorporate the lace on the front, similar to the black armor jerseys, too.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com

I definitely would judge you. Heck, I'm judging you right now!

Makes sense. I have been curious why they never used the fin logo, I loved the old one.

Agreed, I hope they put the fin logo on the shoulder. One of my the reasons I like the original jerseys so much is the old fin on the shoulder, what could make someone think of Sharks more than a fin.

I'm glad they're making changes I view as generally positive. For small changes these are pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00