Rumor: Sharks Getting Jersey Modification?

thrillermiller89

Jan 19, 2010
San Jose
From Icethetics, via Reebok's 2013 Catalog...

Reebok's 2013 catalog has one last surprise for us. Like the Hurricanes and Canadiens, the San Jose Sharks are apparently looking at new or modified home and road sweaters for the fall. And also like the Canes, the black third jersey seems to be sticking around.

This is unexpected because the Sharks just got new uniforms (and a new logo) back in 2007. That leads me to think the changes — if true — won't be significant. So what could they be?

http://www.icethetics.info (Go toward the bottom of the page)

Thoughts?

sharklife25

Jun 20, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I never liked the new crop of Jerseys apart from the Black ones (probably because they don't have orange...)

I hope they revamp them and make it a hybrid of the original jersey and the jersey before our current set...

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
Teal and grey? I wasn't lucky enough to be a fan when they wore those...

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
It would make sense then why the Sharks are suddenly being so generous with the jersey discounts right now. Basically buy 1 get one 1 free. Load people up with jerseys then change it up and make people want the next best thing, and pay again.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
It would make sense then why the Sharks are suddenly being so generous with the jersey discounts right now. Basically buy 1 get one 1 free. Load people up with jerseys then change it up and make people want the next best thing, and pay again.

OR they're planning on trading for a superstar. :naughty:

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I really, really hope they go back to the old logo. The old one was so nice, but the current one already feels dated.

They would NEVER do this, the new logo has done better in advertising imo.

They will probably just remove the front numbers.

I do hope they go back to the OLD early 90s design, or even early 00s.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Oilers fans still bought new jerseys and they're basically the same. Blackhawks fans buy jerseys and their style has been the same forever (with a few alternates mixed in).

AngeLinTeal

Tealcat
Jun 29, 2010
American Canyon, CA
Right here. Best jersey the Sharks have ever worn. The old logo doesn't necessarily have to come back. Keep the new logo just please take the orange out, it had no place in the original team color and has no place in it now. Go back to this teal.

Sharks09.png

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Right here. Best jersey the Sharks have ever worn. The old logo doesn't necessarily have to come back. Keep the new logo just please take the orange out, it had no place in the original team color and has no place in it now. Go back to this teal.

Sharks09.png

Agreed.

my favorites too, a lot of people like the originals but these ones were just so perfect.

SharkTankBlog

Dec 4, 2011
Los Angeles
I know a few people that work with Reebok with NHL merchandise.
Prepare for no numbers in front. Here's what I got the birdies to squawk.

The Sharks realized that they wouldn't have the numbers during the Stanley Cup Finals, so they want to drop it.

Along with that, they want to remove the jumping Sharks from the shoulders, and replace them with any of the various unused logos, such as the shield, fin in diamond, or wordmark.

Currently, Worcester uses the wordmark and shield on their shoulders.

They will NOT be removing the orange, they will NOT be changing the jerseys, as they signed 3 more years of this jersey design, along with the "BlackArmor" jerseys.

PS It's good to be back, first post in 6 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad