Post-Game Talk: Sharks def. Canucks - 4-1 (Larsen)

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
also, quick question, do people still think Baertschi is the greatest thing ever too? Or him going completely cold bring peoples expectations back down.

He's not consistent enough to be a first liner. As a general rule the lower you go in the order the streakier you are.It's the gaps that kill the points total.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Tryamkin with a couple of pond hockey plays tonight...lol
Got to love his confidence but he has stuff to learn.

That Block attempt in the first was hilarious.

Just leaves 2 guys in front of the net and attempts a sliding block, Misses completely

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I really think this is washingtons year. I don't like making predictions before teams are finalized but I'm leaning heavily that way

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Tryamkin with a couple of pond hockey plays tonight...lol
Gotta love his confidence but he has stuff to learn.

For sure but at least it's fun watching him learn unlike a lot of guys. Like when Hutton is beat it's just embarrassing.

Also at least 3/4 of the time Tryammer bails himself out with his long stick.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
For sure but at least it's fun watching him learn unlike a lot of guys. Like when Hutton is beat it's just embarrassing.

Also at least 3/4 of the time Tryammer bails himself out with his long stick.

And his mobility for his size is pretty impressive.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Could lose Saturday in the HNC game....and then if it's 1-5 on the upcoming road swing, they'd be essentially done well before the trade deadline....then it's up to the Canuck braintrust to make some needed moves.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
This game can best be summed as

Tryamkin got a point by shooting the puck straight into his teammate.
Gaunce got a point for getting hit with the puck.
Larsen got a point for hitting two shark with one stone err puck.

That was the good bit.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Could lose Saturday in the HNC game....and then if it's 1-5 on the upcoming road swing, they'd be essentially done well before the trade deadline....then it's up to the Canuck braintrust to make some needed moves.

raw

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Missed the game but am looking forward to seeing a lot more of Larsen, Megna, Chaput, Erikkson, Granlund over the next month. No where to go but up! Playoffs baby.

Foundations.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Just my observations:

Megna, Chaput, Gaunce, Skille, Biega and Larsen are not NHL everyday players. They are all 13th forward/7th dman types at best.

Miller should start more than 40 games per season at most

Sutter is a really good 3C but ask him to do anything else and you get total failure

Erikkson looks worse than Vrbata did last year

I got the feeling Taney and Bo are fed up with the coaching/mgmt of this team

Hank and Danny are 2nd liners at best at this point and if were UFAs would only get 4-5m at most

Sbisa is still awful

I think a new coach and all new systems would do this team wonders, but only in the offseason, it's to late now to make a difference

I hope CBJ defers their pick to 2018 solely because I don't want Jim to trade it or even draft anyone with it. Need new mgmt

Dim Jim did to the first player he ever drafted as GM what he rags on TML for doing to him after they drafted him (Rushed his development and ruined him)

Travis Green is not a good coach and I would fire him instantly once the season is over

This team is a train wreck and won't get better until they purge the coaching staff, mgmt and scouts. And even then it will be 4-5 years on top of that

I hate when the 1040 afternoon show that's geared towards retirees says this isn't the year to tank. When is then? What's better for the franchise long term? A top 3 pick that's the next tier down from McDavid or Matthews or 6-8 million in aquamans pocket? They say Patrick is a Eric Staal comparable player. I'd take that.

This team literally makes my depression worse and I genuinely want to stop following the team until the needed changes are made but it's like driving past an accident, you have to slow down and can't take your eyes off of it

Trevor Linden has ruined his legacy

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Easily outclassed tonight. Inevitable slide out of the playoff picture begins.

- Sedins had a decent game and were probably unlucky not to score.

- Horvat skated well but was back to being too individual like earlier in the year. Baertschi is back on one of his ice cold stretches.

- Sutter had a good defensive game but his linemates were rubbish.

- 4th line was very good again, nice to see them create a goal.

- Edler wasn't great and Stecher showed his defensive issues tonight and was overmatched by the bigger Shark forwards.

- Tanev-Sbisa were solid for the most part.

- Larsen was just horrible despite scoring a lucky goal. Complete trainwreck all night and dragged Tryamkin down with him. Is idiotic to be scratching Biega after how good Tryamkin looked next to him.

- Miller ... meh.

Would have preferred Marleau didn't get #500 against us but congrats to a classy player. Beauty goal to get there, too.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Easily outclassed tonight. Inevitable slide out of the playoff picture begins.

- Sedins had a decent game and were probably unlucky not to score.

- Horvat skated well but was back to being too individual like earlier in the year. Baertschi is back on one of his ice cold stretches.

- Sutter had a good defensive game but his linemates were rubbish.

- 4th line was very good again, nice to see them create a goal.

- Edler wasn't great and Stecher showed his defensive issues tonight and was overmatched by the bigger Shark forwards.

- Tanev-Sbisa were solid for the most part.

- Larsen was just horrible despite scoring a lucky goal. Complete trainwreck all night and dragged Tryamkin down with him. Is idiotic to be scratching Biega after how good Tryamkin looked next to him.

- Miller ... meh.

Would have preferred Marleau didn't get #500 against us but congrats to a classy player. Beauty goal to get there, too.

agreed with everything perfectly till the bolded. Tanev covers a lot of Sbisa's brain farts, which is good I guess, but I'd love to see Tanev with a GOOD D partner.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
agreed with everything perfectly till the bolded. Tanev covers a lot of Sbisa's brain farts, which is good I guess, but I'd love to see Tanev with a GOOD D partner.

Oh I don't disagree. Tanev is good enough to make anyone look decent. But that was our best pairing tonight.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Oh I don't disagree. Tanev is good enough to make anyone look decent. But that was our best pairing tonight.

thats fair. I just wish we'd have a guy like Stecher play with Tanev, or an offensive minded D man. Dare to dream.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Larsen completely mirrors Bartkowski of last year.

An automatic in the lineup when healthy every night, probably won't find an NHL job next season.

Our coach is a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad