Post-Game Talk: Sharks def. Canucks - 4-1 (Larsen)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm anticipating a close score (by virtue of the fact that our goalies have been very good of late), but I'm not overly optimistic about the outcome in this one.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Commence the beginning of the end of any playoff hopes.

Effort hasn't been a huge issue this season... lack of talent has. I think for the most part Canucks have somewhat over achieved this season and a nose dive is inevitable given the upcoming schedule.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Played today's game on NHL17. Safe to say this is NOT going to be the actual income.

5-1 Canucks

VAN Burrows (Horvat, Biega)
VAN Skille (Chaput, Gaunce)

VAN Megna (Horvat, Edler)
VAN Baertschi (Chaput, Skille)

SJ Dillon (Tierney, Meier)
VAN Chaput (Gaunce, Skille)

Dat depth scoring...

In all seriousness, that 4th line is just as good a possession line in the game as it seems to be in reality. It was effective.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
San Jose is 9-3 over their last 12.. but coming vs the same type of competition people have discounted the Canucks recent record for.
3 straight wins on the road. Pretty good PP.

I hope they respond to the Az game that's been festering in their brains for the last week like they responded to the ridiculous Cgy gm that festered over their Christmas break..

Expecting a great effort at least.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sharks win 4-1

This sounds about right....beginning of the slow but inexorable slide below the playoff bar for the Canucks......just hope the light bulb goes on in the executive suite and Benning and Linden can do something meaningful at the trade deadline.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Oh, I am also going to say Marleau gets his 500th NHL goal against us. So quote this post when it happens.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
First of 5 games vs the Sharks to end the year :help:

I predict Hertl has a big game

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I'm anticipating a close score (by virtue of the fact that our goalies have been very good of late), but I'm not overly optimistic about the outcome in this one.

Agreed. 3-2 ot loss. Goals by Horvat and Horvat

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Canucks lose 15-1.

Granlund with the lone goal on a wide-open net, is praised as a top 6 forward. Half the crowd is asleep, the other half are empty seats. The Canucks only dress 11 forwards due to a last minute injury and Boucher is still a healthy scratch because "his stuff isn't ready yet". Fin is fired because he didn't see eye-to-eye with Canucks management. Miller blames Markstrom for all the goals scored on him. Benning says in an interview that he believes this is still a playoff team and we're only a few wins out of a playoff spot, and that he wants to add picks/young players without giving anything up.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
It is hard to express just how apathetic I am about this team at the moment.

I just.. can't bring myself to care. They're in no-man's land.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad