Pre-Game Talk: Sharks at Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If we were coming off a Cup win where he was a contributor then sure have Crawford start. Who cares about the home opener after a lottery pick season. Start the player who deserves it - Lehner.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
i want to see how keith does on a decent ice surface before i write him of for the retirement home myself. it seemed to me like the rough ice was really messing with him (especially on the second konecny goal). but this game will probably be a weathervane for how the team's gonna be for the rest of the month if nothing else, so we'll see.
Sorry, I'm not buying it. If bad ice was an excuse then it would have affected more guys than just Keith, and it really didn't. Keith simply looked like his head was elsewhere and he 100% wasn't ready to play--like he did for the entire 2018 season--on good ice. Hell, Seabrook looked better than his usual self! He went from old-and-slow last year on good ice to invisible on bad ice. Gus looked like a 13th fwd last year and looked like a 13th fwd this past game. Kane and Debrincat had no trouble, either. So, either most of the rest of our guys were prepared for bad ice and Keith wasn't, or Keith was just bad.

That's not relegating him to the retirement home, that's telling him to get the salad tongs out and remove his cranium from his rectum.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Sounds like Marleau is jumping right into a top 6 spot tomorrow. Wonder what kind of shape he’s even in right now with no training camp and just practicing once with the sharks. Takes a bit longer to get the timing back

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Sounds like Marleau is jumping right into a top 6 spot tomorrow. Wonder what kind of shape he’s even in right now with no training camp and just practicing once with the sharks. Takes a bit longer to get the timing back

That is a slow ass lineup. Hawks gotta kill them with speed.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

Hawsse

grittier than quaker oats
Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head
If bad ice was an excuse then it would have affected more guys than just Keith
So, either most of the rest of our guys were prepared for bad ice and Keith wasn't, or Keith was just bad.
okay, first of all, i didn't say it was an excuse. i said it was a possible explanation and i'm withholding judgment. his being bad in the game is not in question here. if he was bad because of the ice, he was still bad. secondly, that's not even necessarily true. the fact that the ice was choppy doesn't mean that it would affect everyone exactly the same way, or that it would make more people have a game as bad as him. it is perfectly possible that he was particularly affected by the bad ice. again, i'm not even saying that's definitely what happened, but its not entirely unlikely, and i would like to see how he does in this game before i write him off.
Keith simply looked like his head was elsewhere and he 100% wasn't ready to play--like he did for the entire 2018 season--on good ice.
you have no possible way of knowing whether or not what you are saying here actually reflects reality beyond how it appeared to you. it's such a vacuous point to say that the guy "looked like he had his head elsewhere". for my money, i would say that the professional hockey player going into his fifteenth full nhl season probably had his mind on playing hockey. also, the dude had 40 points last year and he wasn't utter cancer with the puck. how do you figure he looked like this all last year? from what i saw, he was one of the only somewhat steady defenders on the team for wide swaths of the season.
That's not relegating him to the retirement home
i didn't say that's what you were doing, i just said i'm not doing that.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015

That’s hilarious and great news. Marleau sucks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Marleau is still better than who ever he replaced in their line up.

Dude had more goals last year than all but 6 guys in our line up.

Reactions: pvr

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
okay, first of all, i didn't say it was an excuse. i said it was a possible explanation and i'm withholding judgment. his being bad in the game is not in question here. if he was bad because of the ice, he was still bad. secondly, that's not even necessarily true. the fact that the ice was choppy doesn't mean that it would affect everyone exactly the same way, or that it would make more people have a game as bad as him. it is perfectly possible that he was particularly affected by the bad ice. again, i'm not even saying that's definitely what happened, but its not entirely unlikely, and i would like to see how he does in this game before i write him off.

you have no possible way of knowing whether or not what you are saying here actually reflects reality beyond how it appeared to you. it's such a vacuous point to say that the guy "looked like he had his head elsewhere". for my money, i would say that the professional hockey player going into his fifteenth full nhl season probably had his mind on playing hockey. also, the dude had 40 points last year and he wasn't utter cancer with the puck. how do you figure he looked like this all last year? from what i saw, he was one of the only somewhat steady defenders on the team for wide swaths of the season.

i didn't say that's what you were doing, i just said i'm not doing that.
Read my post again. 2018. Last season was 2019. 2018 was the season before--the one where Keith sucked worse than any year since his debut in 2006. He was out of position, coughing up the puck, had bad decision making, and was getting beat like Rodney King night-in/night-out...just like last game.

Hawsse

Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head
Read my post again. 2018. Last season was 2019. 2018 was the season before--the one where Keith sucked worse than any year since his debut in 2006. He was out of position, coughing up the puck, had bad decision making, and was getting beat like Rodney King night-in/night-out...just like last game.
ah, fair enough. christ, i still feel like 2018 was last year.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
It really sucks that he gets to have that username.

LOL

I have been on this website before 90% of the people here, I am gonna continue to be critical of the management and the team as long as I don’t see results. That’s my duty as a fan, the team won’t get better if there are no people calling out what’s going on and sending a message by not spending their money on it. My constant hating of Stan is due to his incompetency and inability to build anything of value since 2015 despite having all the core pieces in place and also important young players which he squandered with idiotic trades. Some people will be happy no mater what, that’s not in my nature.

Hawsse

Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head
I am gonna continue to be critical of the management and the team as long as I don’t see results. That’s my duty as a fan, the team won’t get better if there are no people calling out what’s going on and sending a message by not spending their money on it.
oh how noble of you. yes, it is your sacred duty to deliver unto us all your lukewarm repetitive hockey takes. surely the existence of one person on the internet screaming about how a general manager with three stanley cup rings is incompetent is going to bring about the changes oh so desperately needed by the organization. we are all infinitely indebted to your wisened revelations.

like get real dude. there's not a single person here that would defend every move bowman's made, but you are perhaps the only candidate for someone that would criticize virtually every last one. there's not a single person here that doesn't see flaws in the roster as it is currently constructed, but you are the only person with nothing positive or even constructive to say. it gets tiresome having to consider yoir opinions when they're all so unnuanced and one-note.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
His stats were inflated playing with that offense.
He barely played with good players, from what I remember. He was mainly with their bottom 6. Not Matthews, Marner and Tavares.

I'm not saying he is still great, but he can put the puck in the net and still skate well.

Hawsse

Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head
Annnnnnnd as expected... Some just won’t accept reality for the sake of staying “positive”
thought you'd slip this nonsense by me?

no, i accept reality perfectly well. i never said that every word that comes out of your mouth should be positive. what i said was that you add nothing to the conversation. at all. and i stand by that.

Reactions: BK and ChiHawks10

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
thought you'd slip this nonsense by me?

no, i accept reality perfectly well. i never said that every word that comes out of your mouth should be positive. what i said was that you add nothing to the conversation. at all. and i stand by that.

I’ll talk very positive when the team starts winning, as long as they are losing and not making the playoffs and hence a “negative” product, they will get negative feedback. It’s a team game and the point it to win and they are losers. You are new here, go back to when the team was winning and you will see a very positive review. You are talking to someone who watched every single game from 2007-2018 and before that I listened to the radio every single game since 2005 when it was made available online. I’ll continue to say what I got to say, this team sucks and everyone needs to hear it, I am just done with the Stan excuses.

Hawsse

Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head
I’ll talk very positive when the team starts winning
again, that is not the issue. i'm not trying to get you to be a yes man. the issue is that nothing you say is of any substance.
I’ll continue to say what I got to say, this team sucks and everyone needs to hear it, I am just done with the Stan excuses.
say whatever you want. i can't stop you. but i can certainly call you out for being the absolute laziest poster on this board. as i said before, your comments are repetitive, and you never bring anything to the table as far as analysis goes.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
again, that is not the issue. i'm not trying to get you to be a yes man. the issue is that nothing you say is of any substance.

say whatever you want. i can't stop you. but i can certainly call you out for being the absolute laziest poster on this board. as i said before, your comments are repetitive, and you never bring anything to the table as far as analysis goes.

I bring my opinion from the eye test perspective, I watch the game and I say what I got to say, for instance I commented in the GDT earlier. I spend 10-15 minutes here a day max, I am not here to give detailed expert analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad