Pre-Game Talk: Sharks at Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawsse

grittier than quaker oats
Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head
Odds say they are due to put points on the board. Just sayin'.
also, that's not how odds work. losing games doesn't make it more likely that you will win in a given game. if they win it's because they outplayed the hawks, not because of the mysterious metaphysical force of regression to the mean.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
i've been lurking forever, but it doesn't take a large sample size to come to the conclusion that he's hell-bent on being the detached cynical guy when he screams it as loud as he can with every post.

With him, no. Half a dozen posts, at most.

As far as this game goes, I expect the Hawks will lock up a W in this one. Sharks are not a very good team.

Hawsse

Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head
With him, no. Half a dozen posts, at most.
him conspicuously changing his name from "blackhawks win cup" to "blackhawks" just hit the point home. real subtle.

[i guess this is wrong and i'm dumb apologies to everyone involved. have an ascii mouse:
__QQ
(_)_">

]

Last edited:

Hawsse

Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head
i'm not so concerned about whether or not they win this game. of course, it would be a bad sign if they don't, but i don't think the sharks are really as bad as they've been so far. what i'm most concerned with is if murphy or de haan are in, and how that affects team defense. i also want to see the top six (plus or minus nylander) keep scoring. like last season, the team's probably gonna have to ride offensive dynamism to even sniff the postseason.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The Sharks are struggling big time which sets up nicely for the Hawks. Of course if they lose, it's going to be rough in here.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
It's gotta be hard for both goalies having this much of a lay off between games. I would also agree that they should give Lehner the start, but could see why they would give Crow another game too.
I still think it's a 1a/1b situation this year. That being said I'd start Lehner. Crawford may have gotten no help whatsoever, but he wasn't good.

I'm less concerned with who's in net and more concerned with the guys in front of him. We're not going to win too many games if Keith plays like he'd rather be home watching "Murder She Wrote" like he did in Prague.

Hawsse

Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head
I still think it's a 1a/1b situation this year. That being said I'd start Lehner. Crawford may have gotten no help whatsoever, but he wasn't good.

I'm less concerned with who's in net and more concerned with the guys in front of him. We're not going to win too many games if Keith plays like he'd rather be home watching "Murder She Wrote" like he did in Prague.
i want to see how keith does on a decent ice surface before i write him of for the retirement home myself. it seemed to me like the rough ice was really messing with him (especially on the second konecny goal). but this game will probably be a weathervane for how the team's gonna be for the rest of the month if nothing else, so we'll see.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Just listened to the podcast above: agree with the premise that playing Lehner tomorrow helps JC send the message that the Hawks country club has been disbanded and past success is exactly that, in the past. Crawford wasn't good enough in game 1.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
So is it ok to panick once they [again] make Martin Jones look like Martin Brodeur and lose to the awful Sharks?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Sharks lines from yesterday

Meier-Couture-Lablanc
Kane-Hertl-Goodrow
Radil-Thornton-Karlsson
Bergmann-Gambrell-Brodzinski

Vlasic-Burns
Dillon-Karlsson
Ferraro-Carrick

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Hat-Trick for one of the Hawks players is quite possible, their (Sharks) D (+ 5 on 5 defending) and goaltending has been iffy at best.
I see them taking lots of penalties, Hawks will score at least 2 PP goals.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Dach not playing is really going to screw with the GDT idea I had planned. On to plan B, I guess.

Reactions: Eriksson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad