Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Klim Kostin for Radim Simek and 2024 7th

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
$2.2M next year, then RFA? I think it's a really great gamble! If he returns to last season's form that's a very good 4C and a workable 3C. He's young, and over 6'3 :)

Jts4thgoal

King of the idiots
Aug 28, 2015
Former 31st overall pick who has done zip in the NHL/AHL. But there is good news, he is 6'4". Sharks have about 10 Kostin like players already under contract so what's one more.

Only good thing about this trade is that Simek might get another shot to play up in the NHL.

Just saw his cap hit, Sharks go from one 2 mill unless player to another.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
$2.2M next year, then RFA? I think it's a really great gamble! If he returns to last season's form that's a very good 4C and a workable 3C. He's young, and over 6'3 :)
I believe he's a winger but otherwise I totally agree. He fits the mold of how Grier and Quinn want their forwards to play. Fast physical F1. Will probably have value at next year's deadline if we choose not to extend him.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
I already have my angry emojis pre-typed for when Kostin gets turned into a 4th next deadline instead of just keeping my Simek and the 7th.

btw though i agree with above. GMMG has been moving off of these mid/late round picks like candy. not sure if i agree with this in principle but i have more faith in this Kostin investment than the Studnicka one

he's trying to materialize assets from thin air

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Former 31st overall pick who has done zip in the NHL/AHL. But there is good news, he is 6'4". Sharks have about 10 Kostin like players already under contract so what's one more.

Only good thing about this trade is that Simek might get another shot to play up in the NHL.
I'd love for you to name who (outside of Kunin) is remotely similar to Klostin.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Hodge

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
WTF is with giving up these random 5+ round picks?
The team will not want to make too many picks every year. There are only so many roster spots they have available and they don’t want to overload the player development staff by drafting 14 players. They have 4 picks in the top 40 and generally will only have room to sign 4-5 players max from each draft so it doesn’t mean much to give up 7th round picks.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
If anything we need more of these types of players to crowd out the Hoffmans, Barabanovs and Labancs of the world. No more one dimensional "skill" players.
I won't confuse Kostin with some multi dimensional grinder, but he's definitely not someone that this organization has an abundance of with DWjr being afraid to draft anyone that's taller than he is.

It's a worthwhile gamble for a 7th rounder and is at least another NHL body to put into the lineup that is a plus skater. Kunin (pre injury) is probably an apt comp.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I already have my angry emojis pre-typed for when Kostin gets turned into a 4th next deadline instead of just keeping my Simek and the 7th.

btw though i agree with above. GMMG has been moving off of these mid/late round picks like candy. not sure if i agree with this in principle but i have more faith in this Kostin investment than the Studnicka one

he's trying to materialize assets from thin air
It's not like the Sharks have used mid to late round picks over the past 5 years to draft anything good.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I won't confuse Kostin with some multi dimensional grinder, but he's definitely not someone that this organization has an abundance of with DWjr being afraid to draft anyone that's taller than he is.

It's a worthwhile gamble for a 7th rounder and is at least another NHL body to put into the lineup that is a plus skater. Kunin (pre injury) is probably an apt comp.

Yeah, he’s still quite young and has some skill. You sorta wish your 7th turns out like a Kostin.

It’s a whatever trade but maybe he can find his game here.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Yeah I think throwing in a draft pick is just the price of doing business for a lot of these deals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad