Rumor: Sharks a possible destination for Phaneuf

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-shopping-captains-dion-phaneuf-jason-spezza/

So according to Nick Kypreos whom I don't like and feel he knows nothing, San Jose could be a possible destination for Dion Phaneuf. It doesn't mention us in that article but at around 2:20 in the video Kypreos mentions how Boyle is on his way out and for the right price, we could be interested. I really hope this doesn't happen, Phaneuf is terrible, overrated and way overpaid. The fact that the Leafs are paying him $7M (on a 7 year deal which I would HATE for us to take on) is just Pejorative Slured when you compare his price to Duncan Keiths at $5.5M. Anyway, I just thought I should point this out since I didn't see any threads about it and figured a rumor like this deserved its own thread. Anyone actually want him? Thoughts?

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
Can we trade for cuthbert? And leave phanuef in toronto.

I am sure cuthbert would rather walk to the arena in t-shirt and shorts instead of 10 sweaters and a heavy jacket.

I think she has a limited NTC that we are on. She's gorgeous and a very nice person if you ever meet her but there's one problem. Outside of rooting for her Dion, she's a kings fan.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Aside from the whole cap hit issue, he'd be a perfect fit for us. I know people like to irrationally hate on him, but he's easily a #1 d-man, and would be our second best. Pair him with Braun and Sharks fans would fall in love. No doubt he has his flaws, but his assets far outweigh his flaws. If we could have him at $5.5-6m/year or less, I'd be happy, depending on the price to acquire him.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Pro's: Elisha, decent shot

Con's: General lack of defense, huge contract, terribly long contract, terrible attitude, slow foot speed

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Aside from the whole cap hit issue, he'd be a perfect fit for us. I know people like to irrationally hate on him, but he's easily a #1 d-man, and would be our second best. Pair him with Braun and Sharks fans would fall in love. No doubt he has his flaws, but his assets far outweigh his flaws. If we could have him at $5.5-6m/year or less, I'd be happy, depending on the price to acquire him.

The cap hit and term are crazy though. If we go pay up for him, I'd rather pursue a different dman like Ehrhoff.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Actually Dion's attitude is pretty impressive considering he bears the blame for every Toronto breakdown. Yet fat boy Phil and Mr. Fashion Joffrey Lupul get off fairly light.

Irbes Mask

Like Wall
Jun 15, 2013
California
Actually Dion's attitude is pretty impressive considering he bears the blame for every Toronto breakdown. Yet fat boy Phil and Mr. Fashion Joffrey Lupul get off fairly light.

Mr. Under 12 Parsecs scores, scoring is like grain alcohol to fans, maybe they let Lupul off the hook since they know he'll be traded to the Flyers any day..again (for Pronger ofc) but **** rolls downhill and stops with the captain, especially so in TO.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Mr. Under 12 Parsecs scores, scoring is like grain alcohol to fans, maybe they let Lupul off the hook since they know he'll be traded to the Flyers any day..again (for Pronger ofc) but **** rolls downhill and stops with the captain, especially so in TO.

Yeah I know it does. Its how it works. It would be a Toronto move to try and trade for an essentially retired defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00