Speculation: Sharks 2015-2016 Roster Talk: Rumors, Roster, Proposals. Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I just don't want any vet rentals. Either clean house, grab some 1sts and good prospects if able or spend some our firward depth on real defensive depth.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Just got to thinking, Seth Jones + Werenski in a few seasons makes a pretty nice top pair of the future fro the jackets....

Why cant we have nice things to play with.

Because when the team sucks fans don't show up. The stability of an SJ market is not as good as people think it is.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Are you forgetting that whole "we don't have our 2016 1st" business?

Don't worry about it, I just don't understand your logic. Why is Logan the guy who has to be traded? What is the point in trading Marleau, the best player whom we have ever drafted and who has over 1000 points playing for us, for a crappy return? Couture could get Drouin+Killorn+ on his own. I also don't think you understand how crappy Carle is. I would rather ice Dylan Demelo than Matt Carle, and you all know how much I hate Demelo.

...What did I call?

The idea that Jones and Johansen have equal value. You suggested both in a 3-way trade earlier.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Trade Burns in the offseason or TDL whenever the most value. His return would be massive. Honestly thing you could get a blue chip prospect + a top 10 first for him because he is so desirable. I think it's pretty much a joke to think we could do anything in the playoffs if we even get there. Pavelski should be dealt too but I don't think he will be.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Nope. Plus Columbus will still suck anyway.

New thought. How would you balance this:

Rychal + werenski + bourque (3.3 m pending ufa) and boll 1.7 m with one more year.

For couture and mueller.

Could we balance that basis with a pick? If so, where and what?

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Trade Burns in the offseason or TDL whenever the most value. His return would be massive. Honestly thing you could get a blue chip prospect + a top 10 first for him because he is so desirable. I think it's pretty much a joke to think we could do anything in the playoffs if we even get there. Pavelski should be dealt too but I don't think he will be.

I'd want a cornerstone young player ( near franchise level) problem is, playoff teams don't have those to trade. And their picks are late round. We'd have to target Edmonton or the like.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
New thought. How would you balance this:

Rychal + werenski + bourque (3.3 m pending ufa) and boll 1.7 m with one more year.

For couture and mueller.

Could we balance that basis with a pick? If so, where and what?

1. Why on earth would they do that?

2. Why on earth would we do that?

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
I'm super awful at navigating trade values, so I'm not even going to bother anymore, although I will admit I was a pretty big advocate of Couture for Seth Jones for a long while.

I will so though, that Brandon Gormley is on waivers right now, and DW should claim the ever loving **** outta him. Free upgrade to our meh bottom pairing.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Quote from Deboer

“We talked to our guys, when we go in against Winnipeg (on Saturday night, a 4-1 loss) and we’ve got Hertl and Wingels and Nieto and those type of guys on your third line and you’re looking at the matchups on the board, that should be an advantage for us. It wasn’t on that night. How come it isn’t an advantage for us? It should be. We’ve got to fix that going forward.”

That doesn't look like an advantageous 3rd line to me. Please change it.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Gormley is a lefty and in NO way an upgrade on Dillon. Think about it: if he couldn't hack it on Colorado's absolutely atrocious blue line, what makes you think he'd hack it in ours? People only want him because of his draft spot.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Gormley is a lefty and in NO way an upgrade on Dillon. Think about it: if he couldn't hack it on Colorado's absolutely atrocious blue line, what makes you think he'd hack it in ours? People only want him because of his draft spot.

From most accounts, it's not that Gormley isn't good enough to crack the lineup, it's that Roy has mancrushes on Redmond and Guenin.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
From most accounts, it's not that Gormley isn't good enough to crack the lineup, it's that Roy has mancrushes on Redmond and Guenin.

Look, I'm sorry but I just don't buy that completely. He may be better than Guenin and Redmond, but that's not saying much. If he were clearly an NHL defenseman, he wouldn't be on waivers pure and simple. We refuse to waive Matt Tennyson even though he's clearly NOT an NHL defenseman.

I wouldn't hate picking him up, but the point is that he's a lefty and therefore has no place on our blueline. Rundblad had a place.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
I'd claim him easily. It wasn't that long ago that he was a top, top prospect. And we have a need on the back end. If it doesn't work out, fine, but this is an easy call for me.

As for the Rundblad comp, Gormley has played just 58 nhl games. Rundblad 113.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Look, I'm sorry but I just don't buy that completely. He may be better than Guenin and Redmond, but that's not saying much. If he were clearly an NHL defenseman, he wouldn't be on waivers pure and simple. We refuse to waive Matt Tennyson even though he's clearly NOT an NHL defenseman.

I wouldn't hate picking him up, but the point is that he's a lefty and therefore has no place on our blueline. Rundblad had a place.

The Avs have proven they don't know how to assess what a quality Dmen is.

One word: Brad Stuart.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If we want to claim any player, now is the time ..

6BpSnUT.png

That is probably the lowest we have been in the standings. In a long long time. We have lots of games on other teams, and should make most of our poor standings .. :)

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California

Ah hes a lefty =\ I was hoping he was a righty when I saw he got waived.

Either way they should claim him just for depth. The Sharks don't really have much of it there.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
If we have a chance to claim Gormley then why not. And if he doesn't help us he can play on Barracuda or we can waive him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad