Speculation: Sharks 2015-2016 Roster Talk: Rumors, Roster, Proposals. Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
So he was willing to completely change his life/leave the only pro team he's ever known and potentially move his family, then suddenly changed his mind? Seems like a decision you'd be absolutely sure about.

Marleau never says anything, so a no comment doesn't make that report true. He just didn't say anything.

I have no idea if the reports were accurate but Marleau might have wanted to play for a team that he thought had a better chance of winning the Cup and was close to SJ, e.g., Anaheim and LA. Then when the Ducks fell apart and didn't look much, if at all, better than SJS and if the Kings weren't interested, the reports might have been true with the result we have now.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Some of you guys really like keeping your heads in the sand. ESPN confirmed my report, no one on the Sharks denied it including the player, head coach or captain, and others like Bob McKenzie reported it was Marleau who wanted to explore trade possibilities.

ESPN confirming your report doesn't mean much when it's hockey. You want to play the no one denied it card well no one confirmed it either so saying people are keeping their head in the sands when you have no real tangible evidence to suggest your side of it is true is ultimately meaningless. McKenzie is not always right with his trade reports either.

At this point, it's merely speculation that reporters have run with as click bait. Don't see any reason to treat it as anything else because you haven't brought anything else to justify anything different.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Some of you guys really like keeping your heads in the sand. ESPN confirmed my report, no one on the Sharks denied it including the player, head coach or captain, and others like Bob McKenzie reported it was Marleau who wanted to explore trade possibilities.

Kurzy, you're back!

Still wrong, and the fact you trust ESPN to post anything on hockey is hilarious. I wasn't aware that keeping silent was a confirmation of anything.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Crap, just realized we're getting Lecavalier.

lFCFnn.gif

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Lecavalier + Schenn for Burns+2017 1st. (e5)

You guys wanted Burns gone!

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Vinny and schenn to the Kings!

Bob McKenzie
2m2 minutes ago
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Lecavalier and L Schenn to L.A. Further details to come.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Richards to the capitals...
Darren Dreger
‏@DarrenDreger
Sources say pending NHL approval, Mike Richards is expected to join the Washington Capitals. Told Richards has to meet with Bettman.

Good day for sharks fans!!! :woot:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Yay to not getting Richards, Schenn and Lecavalier. Boo to Nieto and Wingels playing with Hertl. Boo I say.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Umm what are you guys talking about. The Kings just traded for a bunch of veterans and it's an even year.
So LA can enjoy their Cup and we can enjoy the World Series.....which we all know gives them trophy envy, so whatevs

Jul 10, 2010
Umm what are you guys talking about. The Kings just traded for a bunch of veterans and it's an even year.
So LA can enjoy their Cup and we can enjoy the World Series.....which we all know gives them trophy envy, so whatevs
That only works for trades with columbus

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Maybe we can get shot by the johansen or drouin bullet

Fingers crossed. :) I think I'd prefer Drouin at this point though. Could be had for less and we are already stacked with centers. Unless, well here's something I've been tossing around: A three-way trade involving Johansen, Seth Jones, and Couture. We get Johansen, the Preds get Logan, and the Jackets get Jones. Why? Because the Preds may want a more proven two-way center like Logan to load up for their run. Their window basically closes as soon as Weber leaves his prime; Logan is a better player for the next couple of years and fits their playstyle better. In my deal, we'd get Rychel from CBJ and CBJ would get something solid like Fiala from Nashville. Then we have Johansen-Hertl-Tierney down the middle for the foreseeable future. Heck, go for Drouin too! Meier+Mueller+, have a young forward corps of Johansen, Hertl, Drouin, Tierney, Goldobin.

Pipe dream, I know. :laugh:

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Fingers crossed. :) I think I'd prefer Drouin at this point though. Could be had for less and we are already stacked with centers. Unless, well here's something I've been tossing around: A three-way trade involving Johansen, Seth Jones, and Couture. We get Johansen, the Preds get Logan, and the Jackets get Jones. Why? Because the Preds may want a more proven two-way center like Logan to load up for their run. Their window basically closes as soon as Weber leaves his prime; Logan is a better player for the next couple of years and fits their playstyle better. In my deal, we'd get Rychel from CBJ and CBJ would get something solid like Fiala from Nashville. Then we have Johansen-Hertl-Tierney down the middle for the foreseeable future. Heck, go for Drouin too! Meier+Mueller+, have a young forward corps of Johansen, Hertl, Drouin, Tierney, Goldobin.

Pipe dream, I know. :laugh:

I'd love your scenario. I am more psyched about Drouin than Johansen as well, mainly bc I agree that he'd probably cost less (and they would likely be assets we could more afford to pay) and I think we have a much better chance to get Drouin than Johansen. Not that I think either are likely but I think we're closer than most teams in somehow trading for Drouin. I'd love either, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad