Speculation: Sharks 2015-2016 Roster Talk: Rumors, Roster, Proposals. Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
It's a shame we couldn't get Zidlicky - he'd be perfect for this team in QB'ing the 2nd PP and being capable of contributing some offense. Guy still has a hell of a shot.

Barrie was the one dman I'd look to acquire. And I agree, COL would have to be dumb to give him away but it seems they're in the mode of needing to make a move and who knows.

WigWam

May 22, 2015
I'm bored, so have been looking over hockeyscap and pondering what ifs.....

Braun + 2nd to the Isle for Hamonic
Hamonic + Brown (cap) to the Wild for Spurgeon + Granlund
Then Couture to Preds for Seth Jones + 2nd

end up with:

Karlsson - Thornton - Pavs
Marleau - Hertl - Ward
Donskoi - Granlund - Wingels
Nieto - Tierney - Smith
Torres - Goodrow

Vlasic - Seth Jones
Martin - Burns
Dillon -Spurgeon
Mueller - Tennyson

Jones
Stalock

OK, off to actual work now, but fun pondering.....

Donskoi and Granlund actually have played in same line before, but it was quite while ago... could work...

http://www.forum24.fi/sivut/artikkeli/6152/Mikke-ja-Jone-pikkuleijoniin-7_2_2008

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Couture is irreplaceable.

No doubt. But instead of Nolan11's proposal, I'd just do Jones straight up for Couture. Not only is our D set for years, but it gives us cap space to resign Jones, Hertl and Nieto next year.

Donskoi - Marleau - Ward
Nieto - Hertl - Wingels
Torres - Tierney - Nieto

Vlasic - Jones
Martin - Burns
Dillon - Braun
Mueller

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
No doubt. But instead of Nolan11's proposal, I'd just do Jones straight up for Couture. Not only is our D set for years, but it gives us cap space to resign Jones, Hertl and Nieto next year.

Donskoi - Marleau - Ward
Nieto - Hertl - Wingels
Torres - Tierney - Nieto

Vlasic - Jones
Martin - Burns
Dillon - Braun
Mueller
And what do you do when Jones is just hitting his prime and we have a 1-2 punch of Hertl and Tierney?

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
how about we keep our first place team intact?

NHL.com put the Kings above us in the standings even though we are tied even in Goal Diff. We were in first first, we should have been listed as in first especially since we just won 6 in a row :rant:

:sarcasm:

And I'd like to add Couture to this 1rst place roster if you don't mind :)

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
And what do you do when Jones is just hitting his prime and we have a 1-2 punch of Hertl and Tierney?

Jones would be theoretically be hitting his prime in what, 5-7 years from now? No way to predict where our current centers (Thornton, Pavs, Hertl, Tierney) will be in terms of productivity or how our prospect centers (O'Regan or Chartier) will pan out.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
NHL.com put the Kings above us in the standings even though we are tied even in Goal Diff. We were in first first, we should have been listed as in first especially since we just won 6 in a row :rant:

:sarcasm:

And I'd like to add Couture to this 1rst place roster if you don't mind :)

We should be first bc we beat them 5-1 and they beat us 4-1.

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order (from NHL.com standings page):

Tie-Breaking procedure
The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs.

But, they're LA so the NHL is going to ignore the rules. :sarcasm:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
They only want to trade a guy who has been invisible during this entire win streak. :sarcasm:

Well, i've been keeping my mouth shut so as not to rile everyone all up, but realistically we do need to move someone somehow to fix the D. While the winning streak is great, it's only 6 games, and the D is still not even close to good enough offensively (or in general) to win a cup.

If the Sharks are going for it, they need to make a big addition there, and while I don't think moving Couture at this point makes sense, I would be considering deals involving:

Marleau, Wingels, Braun, and Dillon.

I would be targeting guys like, Barrie, Spurgeon, Seversson, etc.

Beyond that, I would just roll with what we've got as I don't want to trade any of our serious prospects like Goldobin or Meier or Roy and we don't have a 1st.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Marleau, Wingels, Braun, and Dillon.

I would be targeting guys like, Barrie, Spurgeon, Seversson, etc.

Beyond that, I would just roll with what we've got as I don't want to trade any of our serious prospects like Goldobin or Meier or Roy and we don't have a 1st.

Considering we have Vlasic, Martin and Dillon locked in for a few years, I'd actually consider trading Mueller. If it wasn't for the fact that our LHD prospect depth beyond Mueller is non-existent..

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We should be first bc we beat them 5-1 and they beat us 4-1.

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order (from NHL.com standings page):

Tie-Breaking procedure
The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs.

But, they're LA so the NHL is going to ignore the rules. :sarcasm:

That's because points earned between two clubs is tied at 2.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
That's because points earned between two clubs is tied at 2.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess per the NHL rules, both teams are tied at this point bc the overall goal differential is the last tie-breaker and SJ and LA are tied for that as well. I guess they went alphabetically.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Thanks for the clarification. I guess per the NHL rules, both teams are tied at this point bc the overall goal differential is the last tie-breaker and SJ and LA are tied for that as well. I guess they went alphabetically.

Further clarification - the 3rd tiebreaker is

The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

Since we have 3 home games vs. LA having 2, that 4-1 loss to the Kings won't be counted. Woohoo.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Further clarification - the 3rd tiebreaker is

The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

Since we have 3 home games vs. LA having 2, that 4-1 loss to the Kings won't be counted. Woohoo.

That's not how that reads to me. If we have the extra home game, it's our first game that doesn't count. But at this point, we're even in home games so they both count. They're legit tied and if it mattered, I would think a coin flip would break the tie if this happened at the end of the year and everything was tied like this.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Perfectly tied and both our next games are against the 2015 SCF participants. Chicago is slightly better than Tampa Bay, but we've had more time to rest and prepare.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
That's not how that reads to me. If we have the extra home game, it's our first game that doesn't count. But at this point, we're even in home games so they both count. They're legit tied and if it mattered, I would think a coin flip would break the tie if this happened at the end of the year and everything was tied like this.

Seems pretty clear to me. What you're saying doesn't make sense.

It would mean that they'd only count 3 SJ home games and 1 LA home game (the one on 12/22). That would be an advantage to us (putting aside that we lost our home game).

Edit: I see we're talking about 2 different scenarios. You and Cryptic are talking about during the regular season whereas I'm talking about the end of the season (if we're tied).

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Not to digress too much but I'd much rather finish 2nd in the Pacific than 1st. The wild card winner from the Central will be much tougher than the 3rd seed in the Pacific.

LONG ways away, though

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Seems pretty clear to me. What you're saying doesn't make sense.

It would mean that they'd only count 3 SJ home games and 1 LA home game (the one on 12/22). That would be an advantage to us (putting aside that we lost our home game).

Edit: I see we're talking about 2 different scenarios. You and Cryptic are talking about during the regular season whereas I'm talking about the end of the season (if we're tied).

If we're tied like this at the end of the season, the first home game we had against LA wouldn't count in the tiebreaker and yes that is an advantage to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad