GDT: Shark V Oil 6:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Hertl just straight up told Drai that he wears the big boy pants. Absolutely dominated him on that game winning sequence. Great they didn't waste Jones spectacular game winning save.

Not ganna lie, kinda shocked we got 2 points out of this game. Just had a bad feel to it all night till the end.

Reactions: SharkAttack86

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Hertl (again?!) on TV postgame interview (heavily paraphrased, again):

- we got a little bit slower start but we stay with it, keep pushing, score goals, two big points for us, Jonesy was steady for us
- [on GWG] Draisatl was tired and I was fresh on ice, I gave it to Cooch, he made a great play
- [on Couture] he plays great, I'm happy for our line, we don't score many goals, it's big game for us
- [on Jones] last 8 games he played every night unbelievable, 2-on-1 in overtime huge save

Dillon on radio postgame interview:

- it was a big 2 points for us, we talked about before the game that teams in the Oilers' spot right now play looser and are tougher to play against than usual, more individual plays, those are tough games for us who need to stay structured to be successful
- it sounds bad but sometimes you almost need a bit of time on the road away from home, we were able to contribute on all ends with special teams getting a huge goal for us and everyone getting their legs under themselves and finishing strong
- [on Hertl] he plays all situations for us, he's a huge part of our team, for him sometimes he kimda gets lost in the shuffle when it comes to the points or the goals, he does such a great job in all 3 ends of the ice, for him to get rewarded was just a matter of time
- [on his goal] you're a little nervous when you got a player like Draisatl coming down on you 2-on-1, the coaching staff works with us all the time on those situations, then just try to use my feet to get up on the rush, Boedsy made a great play and I was just fortunate

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
So Donskoi will probably be out for awhile. Knowing Deboer I guess it’ll be

Kane-Pavs- Karlsson
Hertl-Couture-Boedker
Labanc-Tierney-Meier
Sorensen-Fehr-Goodrow

Our luck with injuries really blows. Why do the hockey Gods hate sharks hockey so much? :/

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
good luck transcribing that Hertl interview

all the transcript you need:

tomas-hertl.jpg

Reactions: CrypTic

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So Donskoi will probably be out for awhile. Knowing Deboer I guess it’ll be

Kane-Pavs- Karlsson
Hertl-Couture-Boedker
Labanc-Tierney-Meier
Sorensen-Fehr-Goodrow

Our luck with injuries really blows. Why do the hockey Gods hate sharks hockey so much? :/
Kane-Tierney-Pavs
Hertl-Couture-Boedker
Karlsson-Fehr-Meier
Labanc-Goodrow-Sorensen

based on post Donskoi lineup. Nobody tells Tierney he can't be a 1C in the NHL.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That Jones save was an insane flash of his athleticism and body control. He pushed across so hard to make that save and had the control to not slide outside the trapezoid.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Kane-Tierney-Pavs
Hertl-Couture-Boedker
Karlsson-Fehr-Meier
Labanc-Goodrow-Sorensen

based on post Donskoi lineup. Nobody tells Tierney he can't be a 1C in the NHL.

Based on the in game change you could be right but I wouldn’t be surprised with Karlsson being in the top line for the sake of not jumbling up the lines too much. Plus Deboer loves Karlssons “grit”

Broiler19

Oct 27, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Where did the donskoi injury happen I missed it? Feel fortunate to get the two points the way it felt I was relieved they got 1, but gutsy effort to not give up and battle back each time. On to the next.

Side note Vancouver three straight games without a goal. Their next opponent? :sarcasm:

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Boedker now has 22 pts in his last 33 games. That’s really good production out of him. If he could continue at that pace or even a .5 PPG pace I’d keep him another year.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Where did the donskoi injury happen I missed it? Feel fortunate to get the two points the way it felt I was relieved they got 1, but gutsy effort to not give up and battle back each time. On to the next.

Side note Vancouver three straight games without a goal. Their next opponent? :sarcasm:

He was rubbed out on the boards and had his wrist smashed awkwardly.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Donskoi is out, I think the best lines to put together is more along the lines of...

Kane-Pavelski-Boedker
Hertl-Couture-Labanc
Meier-Tierney-Fehr
Sorensen-Goodrow-Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad