GDT: Shark V Oil 6:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
That’s awesome! Lol back when our board was known for the most creative GDTs and we’d run at least 40 pages per game in the regular season. Good times
I used to lurk a lot back then. I remember that dude Vaasa would post a lot. What happened to him/her?

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I like the board better now. It was hard to have conversations in a gdt when there would be 30 posts a minute.
I got more enjoyment out of the boards back then, but it's hard to seperate if it that was because of the team then or all the posts/enthusiasm. It is definitely easier to follow a conversation now though.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
gdt01.jpg
gdt02.jpg

gdt03.jpg
gdt04.jpg

gdt09.jpg
gdt10.jpg

gdt13.jpg
gdt14.jpg

Huskins-FTW.gif

Yes!!! Honestly, I have never laughed harder on HF than I did when you made this. Thanks for the split sides!

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I got more enjoyment out of the boards back then, but it's hard to seperate if it that was because of the team then or all the posts/enthusiasm. It is definitely easier to follow a conversation now though.
This site in general had a lot more traffic then. Though the reverse sweep certainly thinned out the herd on this page.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
the rise of reddit probably hurt a lot of single purpose forums.

If the users that left us are the ones on r/SanJoseSharks then I'm fine with how things went. I remember I tried posting there and I mentioned at one point, when Jones was around .909 SV%, that he had absolutely given us reason to doubt him, given that he struggled last year as well.

I was downvoted into the negative 30s for saying that, lol.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
If the users that left us are the ones on r/SanJoseSharks then I'm fine with how things went. I remember I tried posting there and I mentioned at one point, when Jones was around .909 SV%, that he had absolutely given us reason to doubt him, given that he struggled last year as well.

I was downvoted into the negative 30s for saying that, lol.
Reddit is weird. I post on both here and r/sanjosesharks (u/Inub0i). I just think it's easier to be more critical here than it is over there.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Reddit is weird. I post on both here and r/sanjosesharks (u/Inub0i). I just think it's easier to be more critical here than it is over there.

I found this site first and I've never felt the need to go anywhere else for something like this. I don't really get reddit's appeal.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I found this site first and I've never felt the need to go anywhere else for something like this. I don't really get reddit's appeal.
I guess r/SanJoseSharks caters towards a more casual audience; more hardcore than the usual facebook fans, but uber hardcore than here. I use reddit for other things anyway. r/SJS is a bonus

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Oh so true. It didn't matter what the pick or who the prospect was. If it was going out, it was a terrible move.

In fairness to Vaasa, he was one of a handful who criticized the Thornton trade and has wanted him jettisoned since 2009.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
In fairness to Vaasa, he was one of a handful who criticized the Thornton trade and has wanted him jettisoned since 2009.

I see you are still spreading this lie Orr. Despite being told numerous times it's false. The constant (deliberate) mis-understanding or mis-stating of what I have said in the past (in regards to prospects, JT, team-duilding, etc) is one of the reasons I have cut way back on posting here. It just isn't possible to have a adult discussion here any more unless you buy into the herd mentality.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I see you are still spreading this lie Orr. Despite being told numerous times it's false. The constant (deliberate) mis-understanding or mis-stating of what I have said in the past (in regards to prospects, JT, team-duilding, etc) is one of the reasons I have cut way back on posting here. It just isn't possible to have a adult discussion here any more unless you buy into the herd mentality.

How invidious of me...lying about what you said in order to boost your credibility.

In regards to prospects and team-building, what have I or others said that was a gross mischaracterization of your views? Wasn’t it you who multiple times posted a ludicrous 20/20 view of what the Sharks should have done with their draft picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->