Prospect Info: Shakir Mukhamadullin (#20 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
Feel a little better about this pick after reading this....
20201006_214955.png

This is from Steve kourianos twitter.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
https://thehockeywriters.com/shakir-mukhamadullin-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Quotables

A dominant board player, Mukhamadullin won’t force plays up the ice and instead wait for the right breakout option to present itself. He’s not offensively-minded, but he does have a heavy and hard shot from the point.
LaurenKelly24 – Rawcharge.com
Mukhamadullin is a crease clearer and one-on-one eraser who has spent most of his draft year with Ufa of the KHL — and holding his own against premier competition. You can make a strong argument that he’s the most polished of any draft-eligible defenseman with his versatility in all situations helping to boost his value.
Steve Kourianos – Sporting News
Mukhamadullin’s defensive game was pretty good for this level but his offensive game just doesn’t stand out the way it should. And that has been mostly the case in league play as well.
Jokke Nevalainen – Dobber Prospects

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'll reserve judgment on this one, would like to see more of him first. Want I'd want to figure out is how is he in his own zone? Seems like he skates pretty well, he's big, he has a strong shot... but can he actually defend or is he the Russian Gelinas? I'm not sure. But I think his upside at least is there.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
If they're valuing him that highly that they'd prefer him over someone else slightly worse and another player then that's a problem.

Why? They, and possibly others, may like him that much.

Or are you arguing that you should basically trade all late first round picks to drop down 2-5 slots to pick up 3rd round picks? I would agree that every team should do that but almost none do so I don’t fault teams for not moving back.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
okay, this one was terrible. No excusing this one at all.

You don't know anything about they guy. Look at his size and the stats he's putting up in the second best league in the world. If you understand how the KHL treats its young players what he is doing is astounding. There is no way thjs guy was lasting much longer would rather have him than Guhle or Schneider. Who arw too similar to the defenseman we already have in our farm system. I've been paying attention thia guy an he would not lasted another 15 picks. The stats he's putting up arw way too go for other scouts to ignore. He'll take another year or 2 in the KHL and and a season or two in the AHL. Smith ia ready. Walsh is a half a season or a full season in the AHL away from being ready. Bahl is almost NHL ready. This guy has the most potential of any of our defenseman besides TY Smith. He could be a bust of he could be Malhakov like. We shall see. Worth taken the chance since were so deep defense prospect wise and we just drafted Holtz and Mercer. I love this draft for us.

Reactions: archiemandl

NJDsince90

Jun 29, 2016
Not a fan of this with the forwards on the board and the fact that he probably could've been had if we traded down (if there was a taker). Hope it works out.

Reactions: glenwo2

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
The Sporting News for what its worth had him rated #20 going into the draft.

2020 NHL Entry Draft Top 125: Alexis Lafrenière, Quinton Byfield continue to lead the pack

Shakir Mukhamadullin, LHD, Salavat Yulaev Ufa (KHL)
A physical presence on Russia’s blue line at multiple under-20 events, Mukhamadullin is a crease clearer and one-on-one eraser who has spent most of his draft year with Ufa of the KHL — and holding his own against premier competition. You can make a strong argument that he’s the most polished of any draft-eligible defenseman with his versatility in all situations helping to boost his value. Mukhamadullin is a top penalty killer, shutdown defender and can quarterback a power play. He also owns one of the hardest shots in the draft and hits the net with consistency,

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Why? They, and possibly others, may like him that much.

Or are you arguing that you should basically trade all late first round picks to drop down 2-5 slots to pick up 3rd round picks? I would agree that every team should do that but almost none do so I don’t fault teams for not moving back.

I'm saying to move back a few spots. Take the risk that you might have to get a player you think is slightly worse because you will also have another dart to throw at the board and that's all drafting really is. Throwing darts at a board.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
You don't know anything about they guy. Look at his size and the stats he's putting up in the second best league in the world. If you understand how the KHL treats its young players what he is doing is astounding. There is no way thjs guy was lasting much longer would rather have him than Guhle or Schneider. Who arw too similar to the defenseman we already have in our farm system. I've been paying attention thia guy an he would not lasted another 15 picks. The stats he's putting up arw way too go for other scouts to ignore. He'll take another year or 2 in the KHL and and a season or two in the AHL. Smith ia ready. Walsh is a half a season or a full season in the AHL away from being ready. Bahl is almost NHL ready. This guy has the most potential of any of our defenseman besides TY Smith. He could be a bust of he could be Malhakov like. We shall see. Worth taken the chance since were so deep defense prospect wise and we just drafted Holtz and Mercer. I love this draft for us.

Yeah I do...thanks for playing though.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't buy the narrative that the Rangers spooked us into making a panic pick, after we took Mercer, we had to know there was a chance that whoever was picking at #19 would take Schneider (if that who is we wanted) and we would be ready for it.

That's fair, I know I felt once we passed on Schneider at 18 we didn't really want him (or conversely any defenseman left) cause he was the last of the second-tier guys. And the fact we have a few more games this season to take into account makes this different from other drafts, it clearly goosed this kid's stock somewhat.

Maybe if Fitz wasn't a rookie GM who's already shown an inclination toward a dangerously old-school mindset I'd be a little calmer about this pick, but he's already put himself on the clock here so he'd better be right. And most #20 picks don't work out even when they aren't big gambles.

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I'm thrilled with Mercer but Holtz should never in a million years go before talents like Rossi and Perfetti. It's heartbreaking to miss out on guys with elite upside like that for a guy that will be Kyle Palmieri if we're lucky.
I don't why you're down so much on Holtz, if we passed on Raymond to take him, I would understand it, but Holtz is an elite talent, make no mistake about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad