GDT: SF • Jan. 3 • Canada 1, United States 5 • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
The bottom two lines have not scored a goal in this tournament... I'm pretty sure. That's pathetic.

Just play Harrington for all 20 mins next period.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I remember a Canadian poster mocking a Flames fan for bringing up Gadreau, saying he's a '2nd tier player' or something along the lines.

This is the World Juniors. Let's calm down... Players don't always translate that to the NHL.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
We can talk about goaltending, we can talk about lack of effort: all of this screams lack of preparedness, and that is on Spott. And based on what I've seen from him, the players are going to have to come out and play hard on their own terms. Spott seems tactically useless and motivationally non-existent: they won't get anything from him.

Congrats to the Americans. You came prepared, you play hard, and you deserve everything that you're getting ATM. I want Canada to win, but if they come out looking the same in the third, I want you to crush them to send Hockey Canada a message.

Zeroknowledge*

Canada's defense has been a disaster, Murphy, Rielly and Hamilton have all been beyond terrible, almost all US shots are ending up being scoring chances.

And wow, Smith, I would take him first if I had the first pick, can't remember the last D-man that so so imposing and played with such poise pre draft.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
#wakeupcanada is trending amongst other wjc terms;

Screen_shot_2013_01_03_at_5_34_43_AM.png

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Plot twist: the Canadians are all high on bath salts right now, Reinhart is going to try and eat Grimaldi in the third.

Aucoin11*

I can't wait to see the "Where It All Went Wrong Thread" in the prospects forum. How about selecting a losing coach two years in a row? How about the strange camp invitations (not inviting players who attended the last camp)? How about the team selection process (selecting Lipon, MacKinnon, and Patterson without playing them at all)? The absurd and unfounded line combinations (having Drouin on the first line, along with two other natural playmakers)? And how about that Ryan Murphy? Seems like a "Part Continuum" type thread, really.

good post

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The more they show that Gaudreau goal the more I think I could teach Murphy a thing or two about defending.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As if we weren't prepare for this type of game. US is forcing the play every single time. And we can't react to it. And not only that, but we're not doing it to them in return. They can do what they want, we have no time to do our thing. Perfect gameplan for US, ****** one from us. We looked scared and nobody is taking charge.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Canada's offense is horrible. Every Canadian in this game is programmed to play like a grinder, whipping shots on net with no purpose. Even when they attempt to cycle, most times 2 guys are high so the player down low is left on an island with little to no players open. Its like we have a team full of Tyler Biggs, no one other than Nugent-Hopkins and Drouin even attempts a skill play. Pure grinder mentality, playing it safe the whole way. The whole US roster is attempting Toe drags and don't get be started on Galchenyuk, even if he isn't putting up a ton of points, the guy dominates shifts, dangling through the slot with ease.

Don't start blaming the system, Jesus.

It's just a piss-poor effort, not a failure of Canadian hockey. Don't over-think it.

glendroid

Mar 17, 2009
I remember a Canadian poster mocking a Flames fan for bringing up Gadreau, saying he's a '2nd tier player' or something along the lines.

Better be living this up seeing as this will be the height of his professional hockey career. It pretty much ends here for him.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
We need more murphy coming down the right and firing it over the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad