Makes this tron goof at Wrestlemania spooky as hell;

tDGJUXv.gif

That is totally legit too. Here's the YT link. :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FpqGRXvKA0&feature=youtu.be&t=4m45s

What am I missing? The floating camera?

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Sucks that Rollins is gone, but I love tournaments, especially one-night ones. Can't imagine it'll be a 14-man tournament like they've done in the past, because that will require a lot of short matches. So it'll probably 8 men.

It won't happen but I want them to do a 32-man tournament with the first and second rounds on Raw, and then the final 8 at Survivor Series. I think the only 32 man tournament WWE has ever done was KOTR 2000. WCW had one in 1999 for the World Title and I loved it. There were a lot of matches between guys that otherwise wouldn't be in the same ring. One I vagulely remember was Bret Hart vs. Kidman.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Reigns got injured for survivor series 2014 when he was supposed to face rollins

Rollins gets injured for survivor series 2015 when he was supposed to face reigns

Illuminati

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Reigns got injured for survivor series 2014 when he was supposed to face rollins

Rollins gets injured for survivor series 2015 when he was supposed to face reigns

Illuminati

Night of Champions 2014 ;)

Clearly, the wrestling Gods don't want Rollins vs. Reigns to take place on PPV.

Last night, I said Big Show had replaced Seth Rollins and was main eventing vs. Kane, but tonight, it changed, and while Show vs. Kane still took place, Owens vs. Ambrose ended up main eventing the show.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
I hope that at least one of our board favorites Bryan, Cesaro, Ambrose, Owens, Ziggler went in & pounded on Vince's desk that this was his opportunity to show everyone he can be the main guy. Now is the time to grow a pair & prove to Vince he can shove his imaginary brass ring cuz you are taking over.

Realistically there's time to do a heat check on a guy & still have time to switch up before mania if it doesn't work.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I hope that at least one of our board favorites Bryan, Cesaro, Ambrose, Owens, Ziggler went in & pounded on Vince's desk that this was his opportunity to show everyone he can be the main guy. Now is the time to grow a pair & prove to Vince he can shove his imaginary brass ring cuz you are taking over.

Realistically there's time to do a heat check on a guy & still have time to switch up before mania if it doesn't work.

Yes. For a company starved for main eventers, here is a low risk opportunity to make a new star. I'm sure theyll run with Reigns, but for a guy like Cesaro or Owens to win would be huge. They always have the fall back plan of MITB if it doesn't work out.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ok, I haven't kept up with wrestling at all...just read a few things here and there, so this might be totally off base, but....

Haven't a lot of folks said that NXT has a ton of great kids & personalities that need a bump? So.....with all these big name WWEers out, why not have a NXT invasion? Solves the problem of the shallow talent pool, and give some of those guys a start in developing their WWE personas, as well as bringing some much-needed fresh blood and ideas to WWE.

Kinda solve a few problems with one move, perhaps?

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Idle thought / trivia: last three WWE Champs to lose belt themselves in the ring without dumb stuff like an attack and cash in:

- Cena at Slam 2014
- Cena at Slam 2013
- Rock at WM 29

Since we have:
- Rollins forfeit due to knee injury
- Brock loses in triple threat, not pinned
- Bryan forfeit due to neck injury
- Orton loses in triple threat, when Batista taps.
- Bryan in the cash in at slam 2013, not counting this.

Kinda sad, really.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Give Kevin Owens the title pls.

On Raw, have him drop the IC title. Stomp on it in the ring, and say he doesn't care about it anymore, and that he wants one thing....

Out comes Sheamus for the tournament match up, and Owens destroys him. Like destroys him. Sheamus gets almost no momentum.

Owens grabs the IC title and lays it on Sheamus. So, Sheamus got destroyed, but it built up Owens huge, and now Sheamus has the IC title and the money in the bank as well.

At SS, it's Owens vs Cesaro and Reigns vs Ambrose.

Owens and Cesaro put on a 5 star match. Just amazing. Ultimately, Owens gets the clean pin, however, it's the match that makes both Cesaro and Owens credible main event guys.

Reigns beats Ambrose.

In the final, Owens and Reigns are having a good match, Ambrose, wanting to turn heel, comes down to try and attack Reigns, either because the ref got knocked out, or it's a no-dq match, whatever.

Ambrose enters the ring and goes to clothesline Reigns, Owens though, pushes Reigns aside, and hits the pop-up powerbomb on Ambrose.

Owens turns and Reigns goes for a superman punch, but Owens hits him with the pop-up powerbomb as well, and gets the pin 1-2-3.

Owens walks off with the title, and Reigns and Ambrose go face to face to end the show.

You have a heel Ambrose vs Reigns which is something fans want to see. It's the last real shield vs shield match up we haven't seen, and is a solid co-main event moving forward.

As for Owens, you have created a credible champion, you don't make the Ambrose interference the reason he won the title. That is important.

Cesaro is now a credible main event guy and a potential challenger.

So moving forward, at least until the Rumble, you can do Owens vs Cesaro and Reigns vs Ambrose, two good main event match ups that will feature great matches, and they are all fresh faces for the most part.

I think at the Rumble you can do Owens vs Lesner where Lesner takes the title back, Reigns wins the Rumble, and you continue with that whole plan.

This way, instead of Reigns winning the title at TLC, he wins at WrestleMania. You can even have Sheamus come out and try to cash in, and have Reigns fend him off and beat him.

Because after all, no one wants a Sheamus title run.

Oct 18, 2011
put the ****ing title on bray wyatt

make someone with this, do NOT go with a retread, please vince make a NEW star

call up finn balor and put the title on him for all i care, WWE needs a shakeup and this is the chance to do it

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Let's not stomp on the IC Title...

The company shouldn't look to devalue those titles by doing something like that.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ok, I haven't kept up with wrestling at all...just read a few things here and there, so this might be totally off base, but....

Haven't a lot of folks said that NXT has a ton of great kids & personalities that need a bump? So.....with all these big name WWEers out, why not have a NXT invasion? Solves the problem of the shallow talent pool, and give some of those guys a start in developing their WWE personas, as well as bringing some much-needed fresh blood and ideas to WWE.

Kinda solve a few problems with one move, perhaps?
Because invasion stories are terrible. They never go well. It makes even less sense when the developmental guys (as in, by definition, worse than the main roster) do it. And again even less when they're building NXT up into a bigger brand that is, and make it different/separate from the main roster. And again when no one actually watches NXT in the first place so when these guys run in, absolutely no one actually knows who they are.

Also, the talent level on the main roster isn't low, in fact it's insanely high. The problem is that the star power is low. The WWE hasn't done a good job of making the talented guys into stars, not that they don't have talented guy to be stars.

There's only a handful of NXT guys that could actually break into the main roster in a prominent position. Finn Bálor, Samoa Joe, Sami Zayn, and Hideo Itami. (Breeze has already moved up).

Itami and Zayn are both out injured right now, but are expected back soon. Zayn is prob going to come back on the main roster anyway; speculation was that he was going to be called up when he had the Cena match where he was injured walking to the ring. Owens then came up in his place. Itami was meant to win the NXT title when they did the Japan show where Bálor won it.

Joe could be a legit threat on the main roster, but when he was signed there was no plans for him being on the main roster. He was meant to be just an NXT veteran guy, but they gave him a new full time contract to keep him off TV with RoH. If they do want to make more use of him, this would be a good time to get him up.

Bálor is the only guy would could realistically walk into this tournament and win it from NXT. He's a legit main event level star. If they wanted to bring him in as champion this would be a great time to do it. I'm not sure there's much value in bring someone up and having them not win (unless it was a lower tier guy like Breeze), so if he's not winning it's probably better to not bring up him.

The other guys in NXT right now are a bit too green to be worth bringing up right now. Apollo Crews could be an option, but he's gonna be groomed into becoming the next Cena type guy. He's not been signed for very long so he's still not polished into a WWE star yet; still finding his character and what not. Baron Corbin still needs some work, he's not a main event level talent anyway.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Let's not stomp on the IC Title...

The company shouldn't look to devalue those titles by doing something like that.

Ya lets not do this. Also we don't need to push KO yet. They have a chance to make the IC belt relevant on Owens.

Big reason things are going badly is the mid card is a mess story wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad