Seth Rollins injured at house show - out 6-9 months

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I would eventually like to see Wyatt in the title picture. I think he's been around too long not to be, but given he has a program with Taker right now I think he can get a great rub from that.

I would like to see a tournament at Survivor series. Perhaps start it on Raw (so we don't have a guy wrestling 3 times in the same night) and set it up as follows:

Roman Reigns
Alberto del Rio

John Cena
Sheamus

Dean Ambrose
Ryback

Daniel Bryan
Cesaro

Have Reigns, Sheamus, Ambrose, and Cesaro all go over on Raw. Then have Reigns defeat Sheamus, and Bryan (or Ambrose) win at Survivor series. Setting up Reigns against either one (D-Bry probably makes most sense). During the main event have the Authority screw Bryan, giving Reigns the win and the heel turn. He becomes the Authority's new guy, fans are already booing him so he'll continue to get heat, and now you have programs set up naturally with Bryan and with Ambrose. Cena can go back to his time off, and you don't need to bring in Lesnar and either job him out or add more dates to his schedule by giving him the strap. You also preserve the Wyatt vs Brothers of Destruction feud.

Thoughts?

You don't bring DB back to have him job to Cesaro on Raw. As much as I like Cesaro, he's not positioned for going over a returning DB. If DB returns, he has to make it to the finals to keep the fans interested for the show.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What happens if Sheamus cashes his briefcase in on a vacated title? I could see this happening on Monday and he's just given the title and faces Reigns at SS.

Simple answer for the story. You have Reigns interrupt and claiming that his #1 contendership status is just as valid as Sheamus' cash-in and they have a match at Survivor Series for the title at the expense of the briefcase. Sheamus cashing in on a vacated title is pointless. There's no money in it and no intrigue to it.

Since they've already announced a tournament for the vacated title at Survivor Series, that scenario won't happen. I also don't believe Sheamus will cash in on a newly crowned Reigns winning the title. They've invested too much into Reigns to have him look like a chump like that and they're still on shaky ground with him with regards to fan responses. I can see a Reigns-Ambrose final that ends up with Ambrose winning the title and him getting cashed in on by Sheamus but that's remote even though it makes a **** ton of sense.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You don't bring DB back to have him job to Cesaro on Raw. As much as I like Cesaro, he's not positioned for going over a returning DB. If DB returns, he has to make it to the finals to keep the fans interested for the show.

Typo. Meant to have him go over Cesaro lol.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Simple answer for the story. You have Reigns interrupt and claiming that his #1 contendership status is just as valid as Sheamus' cash-in and they have a match at Survivor Series for the title at the expense of the briefcase. Sheamus cashing in on a vacated title is pointless. There's no money in it and no intrigue to it.

Since they've already announced a tournament for the vacated title at Survivor Series, that scenario won't happen. I also don't believe Sheamus will cash in on a newly crowned Reigns winning the title. They've invested too much into Reigns to have him look like a chump like that and they're still on shaky ground with him with regards to fan responses. I can see a Reigns-Ambrose final that ends up with Ambrose winning the title and him getting cashed in on by Sheamus but that's remote even though it makes a **** ton of sense.

I still see giving Sheamus the MitB as a huge mistake. The guy isn't involved in anything noteworthy. Fans don't really care for him. He's a midcarder at this point. Giving him the title really cheapens it, and having him even in the title picture is how to continue losing ratings.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I still see giving Sheamus the MitB as a huge mistake. The guy isn't involved in anything noteworthy. Fans don't really care for him. He's a midcarder at this point. Giving him the title really cheapens it, and having him even in the title picture is how to continue losing ratings.

You won't get much of an argument from anyone on this board. Their best bet is to get him involved with someone that has him put it on the line and lose.

Funny thought, how hilarious would it be to finally revisit DB-Sheamus at WrestleMania with Sheamus holding the strap and DB challenging for it. It would be hell living with Sheamus as the champion and Vince finally gets that match on the card like he's wanted and fans may be happy since DB stands a good chance of winning that bout in that scenario.

I was surprised they gave Sheamus the briefcase just on the fact that they were planning on having Rollins keep the title for a long time yet having a heel with the briefcase makes it difficult to tease that on a heel champion. I bet their original plan was to have Reigns win it at SS or the next one then start teasing, have Sheamus cash in and lose to Reigns at WrestleMania after a title defense.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You won't get much of an argument from anyone on this board. Their best bet is to get him involved with someone that has him put it on the line and lose.

Funny thought, how hilarious would it be to finally revisit DB-Sheamus at WrestleMania with Sheamus holding the strap and DB challenging for it. It would be hell living with Sheamus as the champion and Vince finally gets that match on the card like he's wanted and fans may be happy since DB stands a good chance of winning that bout in that scenario.

I was surprised they gave Sheamus the briefcase just on the fact that they were planning on having Rollins keep the title for a long time yet having a heel with the briefcase makes it difficult to tease that on a heel champion. I bet their original plan was to have Reigns win it at SS or the next one then start teasing, have Sheamus cash in and lose to Reigns at WrestleMania after a title defense.

I got tickets to Mania and I want absolutely nothing to do with Sheamus anywhere near the top of the card. :laugh:

It's bad enough that Reigns is likely to win it, but if they can get a good feud out of it with Ambrose and Bryan then it won't be too bad. They need Daniel Bryan back badly.

Also not against giving the strap to Lesnar. The guy adds legitimacy to the belt. Give it to him and have him work the big PPV's. Use the US title and IC title to headline the other PPV's adding sole prestige to them.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think Cena will be brought back early. It'll most likely be Lesnar or Bryan as the "surprise return". Not both, though.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Well now I have a reason to tune into Raw for a while(hopefully longer).

I don't care how obvious or predictable it would be; the SS 98 rehash would be the best way to solve this. They desperately need a spark heading into the RTWM. Cena(unless he turns), Orton and Brock coming in to save their butts ain't gonna do it, and don't get me started on Shame-us. Roman's face run has failed and I say this as a fan of the guy. Time to shake things up. 'Cuz it's a deadly game after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9suaCiPixpI

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't think Cena will be brought back early. It'll most likely be Lesnar or Bryan as the "surprise return". Not both, though.

Bryan's the only one that's going to give the program any jump that has lasting effects. Lesnar may give them more buys at the special though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Big Show is replacing Seth at the live events and main eventing vs. Kane. I feel bad for fans who bought tickets for those shows now.

Oct 18, 2011
this is terrible for rollins he did the best he could with the crap he got booked with.

this also shows the problem with WWE in general....who is ready to take that spot? nobody, because they book and use everyone so ****ing poorly. they need to use this to get someone else over, NOT put the title back on cena or brock

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
All the best to Rollins in his recovery. Come back as a face.

There are so many opportunities with something like this. One, a Roman turn now gives him the opportunity to develop as an individual, get his heel run out of the way, and be ready to turn face in time for Rollins' return AND have an established group behind Reigns that includes someone ready to take over when he is out like Triple H was when Rock was part of the corporation. I think that should be something like Reigns with Trips' backing, supported by KO and New Day. You let them run over all for a while and they finalize the turn on Rollins when he returns and gets the crap kicked out of him and Ambrose/Reigns make the save.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Posted in the raw thread but i think it needs it's place here too :laugh:

11222401_789399744522751_6195028665727946681_n.jpg

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Well there goes my favourite wrestler for over half a year

Hopefully Zayn comes back soon and they push him in a program with Owens, or else my interest in WWE will be near non-existent

And please
Please have Seth return as a face

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
at least that's the end of what could be considered as one of the worst booked champion of all time, it's almost a relief

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
He tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus all at the same time!? Jesus!! I'm on month six of my recovery from a torn ACL. Still don't have full mobility, nor can I walk upright without limping. It's an absolutely brutal thing to get past.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Both versions of that song are pretty ballin'. The original obviously being better.

The sad thing about this coming about is the thought process probably went something like "Well the Rock one his first world title the same way. If it worked for him, it can work for his cousin Roman!"

Should be interesting to watch out of the tiniest chance they go another direction.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Sad that he's rewarded with an injury for carrying Raw for a year and a half.

I hope it leads to a serious angle change: Reigns joining the Authority, Ambrose heel turn, Wyatt Family reaping all the championships or something else. Screw your stupid plans WWE, they are all predictable and boring.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I know it would never happen, but I think I've got a cool idea. Have Steph and Trips vacate the belt and award it to Reigns like Bischoff did to HHH in 2002. He's the new golden boy. Give him goons who can be elevated by having good matches against the midcard faces. Joe debuting, Owens, and Rhyno as the jobber would be good choices. Sheamus cashes in but the goons and Reigns put the boots to him so he doesn't have the briefcase anymore.

Don't book Roman weak, but have him be sadistic. Put him over as having a newfound mean streak. Give him a mouthpiece and have him be a silent assassin. Fued him with Ambrose and then start a feud with the Wyatt Family trying to take down the establishment once and for all.

I would enjoy Roman as champion if that was the way it was done. If current face, belie dat promo cutting Reigns gets the belt and is the focus of a 3 hour show every week, I might just stop watching altogether.

They need main event heel talent. Why not Roman? He has some heat already, it would not be a difficult turn to pull off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad