Proposal: Seth Jones to Flyers

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
When was the last time a 1D was traded for less than value?

Would you prefer to lose him for nothing like pietrangelo from st Louis? 1 year of Jones for 3 great future pieces seems like a solid deal to me. I'd totally be willing to send someone like élias petterson out for this return if I knew for certain he was planning to hit ufa in a year.

Multiple cheap young high end pieces under team control for 7 years.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Here is one you can flame:
Marner, Reilly, for Jones , Laine

Brodie does what Reilly does now and plays a bit of a grittier game. I have grown tired of Marner and his cute no looks and turnovers. Play Laine with Matthews. Laine can shoot and pass.

Imagine Marner making those plays with Torts as coach. Torts head would explode.

Toronto gets bent

Reactions: BernieParent

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
So Columbus gets Draisaitl. Who is their stud #1 D now. Werenski? Yikes. They are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Edmonton is in even worse shape. Edmonton is still a one line team with McDavid and an inconsistent Laine. RNH shouldn't be the # 2 C on a cup caliber team. Top six winger? Sure.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I don't think Toronto does it.

Yes Jones is better than Rielly. But not enough to make up for the fact Marner is much better than Laine.
No worries, Jarmo wouldn't bother either.
Dont know if ya heard, CBJ needs a center.
Anything else is a non-starter

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Forgot about Frost

haven't been following him.
how has his adjustment been to the NHL?

I know he destroyed the O for a couple season and he was ranked as a really good prospect.

Dislocated shoulder out indefinitely. I'm guessing this woulda been his first "full year" had he not been injured. Poor kid. Even though he's on Philly I'm still rooting for the guy. He was amazing in the OHL.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So Columbus gets Draisaitl. Who is their stud #1 D now. Werenski? Yikes. They are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Edmonton is in even worse shape. Edmonton is still a one line team with McDavid and an inconsistent Laine. RNH shouldn't be the # 2 C on a cup caliber team. Top six winger? Sure.

Werenski is already their #1D and they're doing just fine.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
They just did that with Panarin and Bob. Are you saying if Columbus is in a playoff spot next trade deadline, they’d deal Jones?
I don't know, if "trade him before the season" implies being in a playoff spot, then yes. Otherwise you might read my post again.

Reactions: Fro

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Plain and simple, Columbus either signs him or trades him before the season. There is no chance in hell they gamble on "yeah, we'll consider signing later". Someone else will be willing to take that gamble. Moving him will require other dominos to fall as well. They would then have only one RHD on the roster and he has < 20 NHL games under his belt. While others can play RD, the RHD is still needed for optimal success.

We'll know in July or whenever the 1st opportunity to re-sign him is (NHL calendar start)

Reactions: LoneFunyan

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
:laugh:

I think you forgot the sarcasm emote.
Why?

Jones doesn't fix the Flyers. He's good but he'll command a huge salary. Flyers have enough OK-Good guys making money. Hold on to your top prospect for the rebuild that is coming or trade him for an Eichel type.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Why?

Jones doesn't fix the Flyers. He's good but he'll command a huge salary. Flyers have enough OK-Good guys making money. Hold on to your top prospect for the rebuild that is coming or trade him for an Eichel type.
Jones is an elite, #1 d-man. York isn't even worth enough to be the main piece in a package for Jones. Jones is absolutely, unquestionably a difference maker.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
How’s Jones going to win any Norris trophies if Provorov’s on the same team?

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Top 5 C? More like top 15 C, which isn’t too far of what Jones is considered in D rankings.
If you’re looking at GAR/xGAR then Jones isn’t even a top 50 D-man over the last 3 seasons.

I want absolutely nothing to do with him. He’s been horrific this season and was overrated before that, too

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Jones is worth a Top 10 center. He's a future Lidstrome Multiple norris winner
In what reality??? He has been trending down for the last 3 seasons. He didn't make TSN list of 50 best players. He struggled mightily at times this season. His team isn't making the playoffs. With makar Hedman Hughes, dont see Jones ever winning a norris

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Who is the last 1-year pending UFA that returned a #1C ?

Jones for Cotourier

Both 1 year UFA. Both teams can talk w/ prior to trade. Flyers have too many Centers and need a Top 4 RHD and Jones is a Top 2 RHD. Coots is a Top 10 C in the league...Selke in 2020 and is dominating again, 3rd or 4th year going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad