Injury Report: Seth Jones out 3 weeks-broken foot

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Calling it - It's Nutivaara's time to shine.

You thought Werenski was impressive? Just wait... This guy will make Erik Karlsson look like an AHL'er.

I fear as a Fin, he's in the mindset of accepting a torjuntavoitto. We can't settle for what's essentially a loss. Only forward for this team. We need the swedish mindset of seger

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I fear as a Fin, he's in the mindset of accepting a torjuntavoitto. We can't settle for what's essentially a loss. Only forward for this team. We need the swedish mindset of seger

b246b32a2ec7a8b8779598d3bf1f7e54.jpg

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014

Victory in defeat is stopping the enemy at the border or in their goals, not letting them operate as they want which is the Swedish variant of the previous centuries.

Remember when Lasse Kukkonen fell? Nuti carried the Ermines in the SM-liiga play-offs, being drafted by the Blue Jackets couple months later... Great great champion, unbelievable winner.

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Nuti & Harrington need to step up.. cinch up the belt fellas, time to pick your game up until Seth gets back. Legitimately looked great on the blueline with Jones / hopefully we have boys that bring the juice

In The Brads (Larsen and Shaw) We Trust! They will work out systems which will minimize our weaknesses.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
So are we just rolling with a 22-man roster? Prout/Harrington the extra D and is Milano still the extra forward?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I know right? Seth Jones had goals in 2 of the last 3 games. How long has it been since we had offense coming from the blue line in back to back games? I don't wan to think about this

Lets GO Jackets!!!
Well, there was just before those games, when it was coming from Werenski. ;)

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Well, there was just before those games, when it was coming from Werenski. ;)

Good point & you are right, to clarify I was looking at Werenski & Jones as a collective line, certainly hope ZW keeps right on firing the puck on net. I think ZW and Jones are pretty calming forces on each other & on the team

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Werenski played just fine without Jones tonight, could he really be a 1D already? at 19?

Yes. He is a star. It is odd to watch elite talent in Columbus. He is one of the special ones and it will be fun to see where he is at 22.

CBJ Alien

Jun 29, 2016
columbus ohio
Yes. He is a star. It is odd to watch elite talent in Columbus. He is one of the special ones and it will be fun to see where he is at 22.

Its hard to imagine him being noticeably better in the coming years. He has already found his NHL game, 11 games in. He is playing at a point per game rate which is nearly impossible to maintain. What I can see happening is his game elevating the game of everyone he shares the ice with.. chills down my spine :cold:

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Heard the story about how it happened on 1460. Blues player stepped on his skate and cut through laces and skate. Jones didn't want to take skate off and had laces replaced and played 2nd, third and OT with the injury. Post game sock was soaked with blood. Hope he heals quickly....

I saw the video and it did look like the Blues player stepped on the top of his foot. What I don't understand is how this could cause a hairline fracture. I could see the blade cutting his foot and that taking time to heal...I don't see how a hairline fracture could be the outcome.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I know right? Seth Jones had goals in 2 of the last 3 games. How long has it been since we had offense coming from the blue line in back to back games? I don't wan to think about this

Lets GO Jackets!!!
Just to add to this, last year the defense scored a total of 22 goals. That's absurdly low.

This year they're on pace for 52, which obviously won't happen but hopefully they can settle around 35-40. They already have 7. Either way it will be a double digit improvement in GF.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I saw the video and it did look like the Blues player stepped on the top of his foot. What I don't understand is how this could cause a hairline fracture. I could see the blade cutting his foot and that taking time to heal...I don't see how a hairline fracture could be the outcome.

Leaving aside the cut, you can get a hairline fracture from blunt force trauma. Try having people step on your bare feet a number of different ways. :laugh:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Agreed, hard to picture it causing a hairline fracture but at the same time the scenario Major suggests seems plausible.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
He's a career -33. He's not some unstoppable force.
Bobrovsky was also playing at a 94% save, that was going to drop
Werenski, his pairing partner, is a plus 1 in the 3 games he's been out.

so now, we dont "definitley" miss him. We could use him.

When did we start getting concerned about the PK?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
We are definitely missing Jones. Nutivaara even though he scored yesterday has been atrocious and Prout has had to play PK. Prout has been great this year at bottom pair and clearing the crease but he shouldn't be on the top pair PK. Jones and Werenski were dominating and I see some chemistry forming with Savard and Murray and similar with Prout and JMFJ. Jomes.coming back will knock our GA down a full goal from.whatnwe have had.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
When did we start getting concerned about the PK?

The moment Prout re-joined the lineup.

In all seriousness, I think that's an area we'll miss Jones the most. Adding PRout to the PK adds some thump but takes away some speed, mobility and smarts.

This team can hold on while Jones is out but I don't think they'll move forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad