Pre-Game Talk: Series Talk - Western Quarterfinal vs. St. Louis (Shaw suspended for game 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Damn, didn't realize the Kings had a 3 goal lead late in the 2nd at home and blew it last night to the friggin Jets, wow. That could cost them the division if the Ducks win today.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This is series is going to be tight.

Short of a switch-flipping, it's going to come down to the PP and Based God Corey Crawford, because STL has been a superior 5v5 team this year, both in possession and production.

Damn, didn't realize the Kings had a 3 goal lead late in the 2nd at home and blew it last night to the friggin Jets, wow. That could cost them the division if the Ducks win today.

Frankly, they may be more comfortable facing San Jose than they would be facing the Preds.

Enemy you know vs the enemy you don't know quite as well.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Hawks in 6. Not concerned at all about St. Louis's "home" ice. A good chunk of the crowds down there will be in red anyway. Besides, it's Hawks-Blues in the playoffs, until they beat our boys, it's same old same old. I could care less about Blues fans being mouthy if they win, if they do, it will more like be an "it's about time" response to them anyway.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hawks in 6. Not concerned at all about St. Louis's "home" ice. A good chunk of the crowds down there will be in red anyway. Besides, it's Hawks-Blues in the playoffs, until they beat our boys, it's same old same old. I could care less about Blues fans being mouthy if they win, if they do, it will more like be an "it's about time" response to them anyway.

Home ice is less about the crowd and more about last change.

Given Q has 4 defenders he needs to shelter (and thats with Keith back in the lineup), and the Kane line obviously does the most damage against weaker lines, matchups will be pretty key.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Home ice is only advantage if it gets to 7.

Because each team has had an equal share of the advantage until then.

Home ice therefore in your scenario is more likely to allow a series lead. Easier to win a series when up early.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Regardless, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, whether we start out 0-2 or if we start out 2-0 (though obviously the latter would feel damn good).

Iridium128

May 30, 2012
I think this is going to be a close battle and could be on par with a WCF series. Hawks in 7.

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
If we can steal game one with keith out, St Louis will be mentally deflated IMO. Lets get that game and put ourselves in great shape to take the series.
I'd be really confident if we could steal one on the road. Go 2-0 and I think chances are incredibly slim that the Hawks will let that lead slip against the Blues with two games at the UC to follow.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Home ice is less about the crowd and more about last change.

Given Q has 4 defenders he needs to shelter (and thats with Keith back in the lineup), and the Kane line obviously does the most damage against weaker lines, matchups will be pretty key.

Given how well the Hawks have done over the years on the road in the playoffs, I always thought the last change rule was somewhat overrated.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
So the schedule will come out tonight? I know we are going to get boned with a bunch of 8pm and 8:30pm starts.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm not surprised that we're getting screwed with an 8:30 start time, but I am still disappointed.

Scheduling is hard, apparently.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I love the late ones as i don't get home till between 6 and 7 on average (sometimes later). Can't wait for the Hawks to start singing the Blues.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
St. Louis Blues (C2) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (C3) - Times CT
Wed 4/13, 8:30pm: CHI @ STL | NBCSN, SN360, TVA Sports

Fri 4/15, 7pm: CHI @ STL | NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Sun 4/17, 2pm: STL @ CHI | NBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Tue 4/19, 8:30pm: STL @ CHI | NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Thu 4/21, TBD: CHI @ STL | TBD

*Sat 4/23, TBD: STL @ CHI | TBD

*Mon 4/25, TBD: CHI @ STL | TBD