Pre-Game Talk: Series Preview: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Chris Terreri Started two back to back in Boston while Marty took a seat in 1994

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I highly suggest you guys not discuss trolling the main board openly, for one just that itself can be seen as trolling and you could get infracted or reported by visiting posters on it. For another it’s just bad karma before the series even starts.

deal!

as long as jim and i can still post cryptic sexual references here

:laugh:

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
While I was working on avatars, someone suggested doing a parody of the Bolts avatar theme (cheat codes), maybe something we can use in the GDT (too large to use as an actual avatar).

Here was what I came up with:

Qln55Z6.gif

Edit: Updated this post with a new version using the updated Bolts template :laugh:

New GDT content:
rnD2JYN.gif

New Avatar-sized:
zm1ZTau.gif

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
While I was working on avatars, someone suggested doing a parody of the Bolts avatar theme (cheat codes), maybe something we can use in the GDT (too large to use as an actual avatar).

Qln55Z6.gif

This is awesome! If Zacha doesn't have a big game on Thursday he's in jeopardy of losing his avatar spot for me lol

Kind of kidding.

Reactions: GameSeven

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Is that the same Puck Daddy whose 2017-2018 Season Predictions had the Devils finishing dead last?
Who cares? Ryan Lambert is a total tool who isn’t as funny as he thinks he is. That was the first time I’ve actually been to pick daddy since wysh left and I don’t think I’ll be going back again. It’s literally an orgasm about the Preds.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Qln55Z6.gif
Cut the frame rate to 1/4 of what you have and you may be able to pull it off. If not scale down to 75x75

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Cut the frame rate to 1/4 of what you have and you may be able to pull it off. If not scale down to 75x75
Yeah, I used some aggressive optimizations and put one in the avatar thread... here it is for completeness:

25CIFUj.gif

Reactions: Nubmer6

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Yeah, I used some aggressive optimizations and put one in the avatar thread... here it is for completeness:

25CIFUj.gif
ezgif.com has been making my avatar creation pretty easy, but yeah i'd leave optimization for the last step, and reduce file sizes by playing with time clips, skipping/deleting frames, and reducing the actual image size, before running the optimization. what's nice is that you can just hit the "back" button on your browser to "roll back" with your edits

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

25CIFUj.gif
Oh geez.. Didn't realize it was you who posted the original pic. Woulda kept my mouth shut if I realized it was someone who knew what he was doing :)

Reactions: GameSeven

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
ezgif.com has been making my avatar creation pretty easy, but yeah i'd leave optimization for the last step, and reduce file sizes by playing with time clips, skipping/deleting frames, and reducing the actual image size, before running the optimization. what's nice is that you can just hit the "back" button on your browser to "roll back" with your edits

Yep, exactly what I did here... scaled down to 96x96 (max size I've seen avatars display in threads), ditched a bunch of frames by hand, adjusted timings, then used ezgif for that last little nudge down below the 50kb line. Wish we had a litle more space to deal with, but what can you do...

Reactions: OmNomNom

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Yep, exactly what I did here... scaled down to 96x96 (max size I've seen avatars display in threads), ditched a bunch of frames by hand, adjusted timings, then used ezgif for that last little nudge down below the 50kb line. Wish we had a litle more space to deal with, but what can you do...
I've been doing it the hard way - GIMP. Too lazy to load anything else :)

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I've been doing it the hard way - GIMP. Too lazy to load anything else :)
That's my base platform, too. That's where I did the manual edits I described above.

But found and used ezgif for this case and may use it again for other tricky examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad