Pre-Game Talk: Series Preview: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The Devils PK is my key to the series.

The Devils have one of the best team PK in the NHL, and scored more shorthanded goals than any NHL team.

Keep that lethal Tampa PP off the board and New Jersey 100% can win this series.

Coleman
Gibbons
&
Grabner
Zajac

Nobody is talking about the above 4 given they're not "stars", but IMO they're going to be key for the Devils.

AGGRESSIVE pressure of the Tampa PP at the blueline, all series long, and I fully expect a few shorthanded goals for the Devils.*

*No I have not been drinking (yet)

I think these are the four keys to the series:

1. Devils PK against Tampa PP

2. Coleman - Zajac - Noesen vs. Miller - Stamkos - Kucherov

For the above 2, I'd take neutralizing them, but if they can shut either one down, that'll vastly increase the Devils chances of winning.

3. Secondary scoring

Zacha and Boyle's line need to be more productive than the Lightning bottom six of Killorn - Cirelli - Gourde and Kunitz - Paquette - Callahan.

4. Goaltending

Goaltending could sink either team. What Kinkaid are we getting and what Vasilevski are we getting?

I'm not too concerned about Hall's line. Hall and Palmieri are too good not to be productive especially on the PP. I'd be concerned if they were going up against a ridiculous 200 foot player like Bergeron or Barkov or Kopitar, but to me, I don't foresee Palat - Point - Johnson being able to shutdown that line. My only concern would be if they could outscore them.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I think these are the four keys to the series:

1. Devils PK against Tampa PP

2. Coleman - Zajac - Noesen vs. Miller - Stamkos - Kucherov

For the above 2, I'd take neutralizing them, but if they can shut either one down, that'll vastly increase the Devils chances of winning.

3. Secondary scoring

Zacha and Boyle's line need to be more productive than the Lightning bottom six of Killorn - Cirelli - Gourde and Kunitz - Paquette - Callahan.

4. Goaltending

Goaltending could sink either team. What Kinkaid are we getting and what Vasilevski are we getting?

I'm not too concerned about Hall's line. Hall and Palmieri are too good not to be productive especially on the PP. I'd be concerned if they were going up against a ridiculous 200 foot player like Bergeron or Barkov or Kopitar, but to me, I don't foresee Palat - Point - Johnson being able to shutdown that line. My only concern would be if they could outscore them.

I'd say this is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad