Rumor: Seravalli: Rangers been all over JT Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
I do know what I’m taking about actually. Schneider is blocked by Fox and Trouba, Lundqvist is a 3rd pairing RHD. End of discussion.

you don’t know what you’re talking about. The Rangers are not trading Schneider. He is our 3rd pair staple and Troubas long term replacement in the top 4. Just because nucks fans really want Schneider does not mean the Rangers will trade him.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
You’re getting a top 15 NHL forward in return for a player who is on your 3rd pairing RHD. You get a clue :laugh: You’re severely overrating Schneider or underrating Miller. He would be your 2nd best forward.

You still have no concept. Nyr isn’t giving 5 plus years of Schneider for 1.5 years of miller.
Schneider starting on 3rd pair doesn’t mean he’s a 3rd pair D forever. Even miller when we 1St drafted him wasn’t close to the prospect Schneider is at this age. Miller was still AHL bound.
The fact you think Miller is a top 15 fwd in the nhl says all it needs to say about your knowledge of players/prospects/value.
He’s having a nice year, and he’s been good since van traded for him but yikes...
The rangers are better off with Hertl for the price they’d have to pay.
Plus homecomings usually don’t go well in nyc. Ask Davidson.
I’d rather have Horvat then Miller back tbh.
The way your talking about miller, the rangers would be lucky to get him for Fox...... it must be a nice view from fantasyland

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
You still have no concept. Nyr isn’t giving 5 plus years of Schneider for 1.5 years of miller.
Schneider starting on 3rd pair doesn’t mean he’s a 3rd pair D forever. Even miller when we 1St drafted him wasn’t close to the prospect Schneider is at this age. Miller was still AHL bound.
The fact you think Miller is a top 15 fwd in the nhl says all it needs to say about your knowledge of players/prospects/value.
He’s having a nice year, and he’s been good since van traded for him but yikes...
The rangers are better off with Hertl for the price they’d have to pay.
Plus homecomings usually don’t go well in nyc. Ask Davidson.
I’d rather have Horvat then Miller back tbh.
The way your talking about miller, the rangers would be lucky to get him for Fox...... it must be a nice view from fantasyland

My knowledge of player value? LMAO :laugh:
Miller is top 15 in scoring amongst forwards this year so you’re insanely clueless.
“1.5 years versus 5+ years”. Love this awful argument. It’s called re-signing Miller…
While you’re at it you shouldn’t trade K’Andre Miller for Mackinnon. I’d rather have 5 years+ of K’Andre Miller than 1.5 years of Mackinnon.
Like I said: Shit argument.

Only on hf are prospects worth more than NHL stars

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
Can't wait till Miller is traded for nowhere near what Nucks fan are expecting in return. It probably won't be to the Rangers, but it also won't be the equivalent of 2-3 first rounders like y'all are apparently expecting.
Considerably worse players go for a 1st + smaller pieces every trade deadline as pure rentals

Like you literally only have to go back to this past deadline to see players like Savard going for a 1st + 3rd + 4th or Foligno going for 1st + two 4ths...

Miller @ 2.625 for the rest of this season and next is easily worth bumping those smaller pieces into a second piece that's the equivalent of another 1st

If a bidding war actually happens then it only goes up from two 1sts

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Miller is top 15 in scoring amongst forwards this year so you’re insanely clueless.
“1.5 years versus 5+ years”. Love this awful argument. It’s called re-signing Miller…
While you’re at it you shouldn’t trade K’Andre Miller for Mackinnon. I’d rather have 5 years+ of K’Andre Miller than 1.5 years of Mackinnon.

MacKinnon p/60 (last 2 seasons 5 on 5) - 2.8
JT Miller p/60 (last 2 seasons 5 on 5) 1.6

A bit of a difference there when you don't look at total points. If Miller gets less minutes because Rangers use Zibanejad, how do you see him producing 5 on 5? I doubt Miller comes in and automatically gets the second most time on ice among forwards. The smart play is obviously 1RW with Kreider and Zibanejad and push Kakko away. Miller is worth a 1st, a prospect and another piece - whether that's a player, prospect or pick. It's just not looking like it'll be Schneider. That's a bad decision considering NYR probably can't afford Miller when his contract is up. And if anybody watches our games, we're not a JT Miller away from being a favorite. We have other problems. If Vancouver has a better offer - they should go for it.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Top 15 is flat out wrong, but over the last 3 seasons (ie, since being put in a scoring role with the Canucks), Miller is 16th in total points, and 40th in points per game played (36th among forwards).

He's a clear top line forward on any team, and can play center or either wing.

Reactions: pullyoursocksup

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

nice another garbage comparison.

like I’ve said, if the rangers do get miller, which I hope they don’t, the odds of Schneider being included remain next to 0.
Especially since he’s currently on the roster.
Teams look to add players for the playoffs. Not subtract from 1 area to add to another.
Miller is having a nice year but he’s not close to being a top 15 fwd

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
NYR - Van Braden Schneider, 2022-1st* and Morgan Barron
Van - NYR JT Miller @50% and Tyler Motte

NYR - Col Ryan Strome
Col - NYR Justin Barons and a 2023 1st*

Note* Both NYR and Colorado's 1st round picks and pretty much like early 2nds aka (#33 to #35 ish)

Motte is an add in that NYR will need to play in the tough EAST in a long playoff run

JT Miller > than Braden Schneider and 2022-1st
50% retention and Motte > Morgan Barron

The Strome to Colorado cleans up any Cap problems NYR has and replaces both Schneider and their 1st round pick. Strome fills any holes down the middle for Colorado.

Strome trade = Coleman trade

no, we prefer our pieces. youth over vets, NO

Rangers would include Schneider for Miller; they'd be stupid not to. Fox-Trouba-Lundqvist is a contending RHD lineup
the stupidity is thinking a high end stud RD who IS Trouba's replacement in no later than 2 seasons hence is gonna be dealt for a short term add we can't keep due to cap

Rangers are not trading Schneider. He is already contributing and basically carrying his partner on d. Smart, Physical/Nasty, Very good skater, 20 years old. They lose him and their bottom pairing becomes bad..
Agree, except that I disagree our 3rd pair particularly 3RD becomes bad.
Nils L and even Jones, while still developing, are quality, just not as good as Schenid-meister

Schneider has Entered the starting top 6 D and looks like a 2-year vet.
Lundkvist is down in the A to get more minutes /pp time that Fox gets in the nhl..... you’re have no clue what your talking about.
Schneider is a critical piece to the rangers D for the next 5 plus years.
With Fox signed for 7 more years, and Jones in the system on the left side, the most logical candidate to get dealt is Lundkvist.
He’s going to be a damn good 2-way D with a laser beam of a shot, but NY is going to have a problem getting top 4 offensive/PP minutes with the guys here they currently have signed.
NYR is better off going for Hertl. The price will be cheaper because he’s a UFA, and he’s a strong 5v5 center which is our biggest need.
Our PK/PP is very good, so I don’t know where Miller would fit to upset the apple cart.
Agree w/all of this, except:
both Jones + Nils L play either side. Similar overall game, except Nils has got the shot. So imo Jones should be odd man out, not Nils L.

Hertl is an argument vs JT as to who makes more sense, but disagree on adding either is best move, esp since neither is gonna inexplicably somehow come cheap.
Best move is to deal Strome, give his mins to Chytil, Barron and then Krav.
Adding a vet interferes with that.

I do know what I’m taking about actually. Schneider is blocked by Fox and Trouba, Lundqvist is a 3rd pairing RHD. End of discussion.
NO you do NOT.
Trouba is only here as long as he exerts his NMC which discontinues downgrading to an ntc 2 seasons hence. Thus that is the longest we can be held off on moving [most of] his 8m, which we need for other cap on the roster.
There is a reasonable chance, not a given, that at some pt next yr or into that final yr, he can be coaxed to waive earlier.

Your short term view is entirely inaccurate.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
I see the value of Miller as two 1st round picks and a second. Or blue chip top prospect and a first.
So... at night you are saying that ^

yet, earlier that morning, after my offer of:

Lundkvist, + Kravstov/1st, +2nd (a.k.a. 2 firsts and a 2nd)

You had this to say:

"It’s so funny how disconnected some of the Vancouver fan base is. JT Miller could get a first and two seconds at the trade deadline, next year! If this is the offer he would be staying on the team. It’s even funnier that someone that is mocking Benning in his avatar is proposing this. Garbage. A Russian who has gone home and underperforming, a small skilled Dman and a second round pick that is close to being a third due to where the Rangers are going to finish."

lol man​

Reactions: zcaptain

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Pretty big news actually

Almost seems like Vancouver management is floating these rumours out there so that when Miller is traded, it's not a shock to the fanbase. Two months ago I think most people wouldn't question it, but after climbing back into the playoff race there are going to be a lot of fans asking what the hell JR is doing trading Miller. It's the correct move for the franchise assuming they get good value.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
So... at night you are saying that ^

yet, earlier that morning, after my offer of:

Lundkvist, + Kravstov/1st, +2nd (a.k.a. 2 firsts and a 2nd)

You had this to say:

"It’s so funny how disconnected some of the Vancouver fan base is. JT Miller could get a first and two seconds at the trade deadline, next year! If this is the offer he would be staying on the team. It’s even funnier that someone that is mocking Benning in his avatar is proposing this. Garbage. A Russian who has gone home and underperforming, a small skilled Dman and a second round pick that is close to being a third due to where the Rangers are going to finish."

lol man​

To be fair, your written offer was Lundkvist, Kravtsov and a 2nd and only suggested later in your post that "maybe swap Kravtsov for a 1st?". Also, your offer was for Miller at 50% retention, which should add at least another 2nd, or possibly late 1st, to the equation.

Reactions: Buresflyingelbow

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
The key here is that he is open to a trade and not requesting a trade. That and the fact Vancouver doesnt need to move him at the TDL give Vancouver a lot of leverage in negotiations.

the starting price is a 1st and a top prospect i wouldnt be surprised if that is up to 1/2 more assets before the TDL based on demand alone.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
The one thing I’ll say, the previous trades i really don’t think it effects the market….

for example, people saying because Foligno got a 1st that Miller should get 2 x 1st or along those lines….

it changes every year and gm to gm.

I do think the big difference is that Miller is not a rental. I also think that there’s a good shot that whoever trades for him can resign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad