Rumor: Seravalli: Rangers been all over JT Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
J.T. Miller in NYC again would be a horrible match. He was swept out of bars and into the gutter almost nightly.

Miller needs to end up in a place with zero nightlife and after-hours bars, where he is only focused on hockey.

Send him to say the Blues and let him decide that dodging gunfire isn't worth the risk of going out, where your odds of being involved in a violent crime are apparently 1:50.

That said, if the Rags want to toss Kraptsov into the pot as the headliner, it is a minimal gamble on their end, and I assume Drury will pay the travel cost out of his own pocket.

Care to provide some proof on this?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
If Schneider if off the table, than imo, lundkvist has to be part of it.

Miller @ %50
For
Lundkvist, kravtsov, 2nd

Rangers keep all the parts they intend to contend with, while the Canucks get 2 pieces hopefully making an impact in 2 years from now, rather than 5. Maybe swap Krav for a 1st? I don't think the canucks get much more than this, or less.

The Rangers don't have cap issues until the offseason, and the Canucks aren't going to do them any favors beyond retaining. If they are in on jtm, then they have already accepted any future cap implications.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

Miller @ %50
For
Lundkvist, kravtsov, 2nd

Rangers keep all the parts they intend to contend with, while the Canucks get 2 pieces hopefully making an impact in 2 years from now, rather than 5. Maybe swap Krav for a 1st? I don't think the canucks get much more than this, or less.

The Rangers don't have cap issues until the offseason, and the Canucks aren't going to do them any favors beyond retaining. If they are in on jtm, then they have already accepted any future cap implications.
That 2nd needs to be a 1st, especially if retaining. Would also need something else coming out way if 50% retained.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site

Miller @ %50
For
Lundkvist, kravtsov, 2nd

There’s no chance Canucks do this deal. At very least would need to be a 1st (if we are retaining Salary too). Not sold or convinced that Lundqvist is the right kind of D for Canucks.

Feb 19, 2018
There’s no chance Canucks do this deal. At very least would need to be a 1st (if we are retaining Salary too). Not sold or convinced that Lundqvist is the right kind of D for Canucks.

Miller @ %50
For
Lundkvist, kravtsov, 2nd

It’s so funny how disconnected some of the Vancouver fan base is. JT Miller could get a first and two seconds at the trade deadline, next year! If this is the offer he would be staying on the team. It’s even funnier that someone that is mocking Benning in his avatar is proposing this. Garbage. A Russian who has gone home and underperforming, a small skilled Dman and a second round pick that is close to being a third due to where the Rangers are going to finish.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
It’s so funny how disconnected some of the Vancouver fan base is. JT Miller could get a first and two seconds at the trade deadline, next year! If this is the offer he would be staying on the team. It’s even funnier that someone that is mocking Benning in his avatar is proposing this. Garbage. A Russian who has gone home and underperforming, a small skilled Dman and a second round pick that is close to being a third due to where the Rangers are going to finish.
Not arguing that… I was just saying if there’s not a 1st involved we’d hang up the phone. I most certainly think we can get a better offer than Lundqvist + Kravtsov + 2nd. Not to mention teams want retention? That’s just crazy. Maybe that offer will work for hertl or pavelski who are UFA’s.

Hoglander

Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Did you not read the part about Kravtsov being swapped out for a 1st? That small skilled dman would also instantly become our top prospect in a position of need(our right side gives us no offensive help, and the only plausible upcoming RHD we have is Woo, who won't bring puck moving ability either). We aren't going to get 4 pieces for Miller, without it being an underwhelming quantity package. Keeping in mind that the Rangers aren't going to give us Laf or Kakko (and Schneider is apparently off the table) for 1.5 seasons of Miller, let's see your proposal...

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Did you not read the part about Kravtsov being swapped out for a 1st? That small skilled dman would also instantly become our top prospect in a position of need(our right side gives us no offensive help, and the only plausible upcoming RHD we have is Woo, who won't bring puck moving ability either). We aren't going to get 4 pieces for Miller, without it being an underwhelming quantity package. Keeping in mind that the Rangers aren't going to give us Laf or Kakko (and Schneider is apparently off the table) for 1.5 seasons of Miller, let's see your proposal...

So you are proposing

Late 1st, Lundkvist and a late second for

JT

That means the difference between Miller and Coleman (who got value equal to two firsts) is a second? Wow... That's probably a trade JB would make. Your avatar is very fitting.

Hoglander

Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
So you are proposing

Late 1st, Lundkvist and a late second for

JT

So basically, the difference between Miller and Coleman (who got value equal to two firsts) is a second? Wow... That's probably a trade JB would make. Your avatar is very fitting.
Instead of petty insults, what's the add from Rangers then? Or what is your idea of an acceptable offer from the Rangers? I also mentioned that I don't think the Canucks would get much more, not that they couldn't - and the next step up from a 2nd is a 1st. I think teams may get scared off at the demand of 3 firsts, or that's probably about the limit of what we could ask for without watering the quality down.

But seriously, your offer is:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
All these Miller threads are great, but there is no way that the Canucks are going to deal him. We are right back in the playoff mix, only 6 points out of 2nd place in the division, with a game in hand on the Kings and 2 on the ducks. The team is 10-3-1 under BB, and looks light years better than it did under Green.

Trading our best forward is all but conceding this season and next. There is a far better chance of him resigning in Vancouver than being dealt, he is too big a piece for us.

Reactions: cwede

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Hertl is the better 5on 5 player according to some so that might make more sense.
Hertl is a UFA - that's a problem when we have no 2c signed next season. I like Hertl but without thinking we can sign him, the cost is too much.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I can't see a 1st not being included, but if JT Miller is traded at the deadline next season at the value you suggested, you're getting a 20-late first round pick and 2 2nds. I don't see how that's a better offer than prospects right now. Grab a first, and get a good prospect here. Just picks would be a waste unless the plan is to ride out the year and see what happens.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
NYR - Van Braden Schneider, 2022-1st* and Morgan Barron
Van - NYR JT Miller @50% and Tyler Motte

NYR - Col Ryan Strome
Col - NYR Justin Barons and a 2023 1st*

Note* Both NYR and Colorado's 1st round picks and pretty much like early 2nds aka (#33 to #35 ish)

Motte is an add in that NYR will need to play in the tough EAST in a long playoff run

JT Miller > than Braden Schneider and 2022-1st
50% retention and Motte > Morgan Barron

The Strome to Colorado cleans up any Cap problems NYR has and replaces both Schneider and their 1st round pick. Strome fills any holes down the middle for Colorado.

Strome trade = Coleman trade

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Miller @ %50
For
Lundkvist, kravtsov, 2nd

No way Canucks retain if those are the pieces coming back

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Why are Canucks retaining 50%? Thats a very jim benning type of move, as retentions coat Canucks money its not free. If a team asks for Canucks to retain 50%, better add another 1st or 2nd on top of the package.

Would be Miller for Kravatsov, Lunkvist, 1st and 2nd minimum for a 50% salary retention on Miller that makes him 2.6 million per for a 80 point forward. Retention requires a premium, dont forget that. Canucks arent in business of helping other teams.

Reactions: zcaptain

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Rangers are not trading Schneider. He is already contributing and basically carrying his partner on d. Smart, Physical/Nasty, Very good skater, 20 years old. They lose him and their bottom pairing becomes bad..

Reactions: bernmeister

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Rangers would include Schneider for Miller; they'd be stupid not to. Fox-Trouba-Lundqvist is a contending RHD lineup
Schneider has Entered the starting top 6 D and looks like a 2-year vet.
Lundkvist is down in the A to get more minutes /pp time that Fox gets in the nhl..... you’re have no clue what your talking about.
Schneider is a critical piece to the rangers D for the next 5 plus years.
With Fox signed for 7 more years, and Jones in the system on the left side, the most logical candidate to get dealt is Lundkvist.
He’s going to be a damn good 2-way D with a laser beam of a shot, but NY is going to have a problem getting top 4 offensive/PP minutes with the guys here they currently have signed.
NYR is better off going for Hertl. The price will be cheaper because he’s a UFA, and he’s a strong 5v5 center which is our biggest need.
Our PK/PP is very good, so I don’t know where Miller would fit to upset the apple cart.

Reactions: Dijock94 and bl02

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Schneider has Entered the starting top 6 D and looks like a 2-year vet.
Lundkvist is down in the A to get more minutes /pp time that Fox gets in the nhl..... you’re have no clue what your talking about.
Schneider is a critical piece to the rangers D for the next 5 plus years.
With Fox signed for 7 more years, and Jones in the system on the left side, the most logical candidate to get dealt is Lundkvist.
He’s going to be a damn good 2-way D with a laser beam of a shot, but NY is going to have a problem getting top 4 offensive/PP minutes with the guys here they currently have signed.
NYR is better off going for Hertl. The price will be cheaper because he’s a UFA, and he’s a strong 5v5 center which is our biggest need.
Our PK/PP is very good, so I don’t know where Miller would fit to upset the apple cart.
I do know what I’m taking about actually. Schneider is blocked by Fox and Trouba, Lundqvist is a 3rd pairing RHD. End of discussion.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I do know what I’m taking about actually. Schneider is blocked by Fox and Trouba, Lundqvist is a 3rd pairing RHD. End of discussion.
Schneider is on the rangers roster right now. Trouba is likely moved in 2 years time when his nMC expires. At that point, Schneider will assume the 2nd pair RD behind Fox and you’ll likely see a Miller-Schneider 2nd pairing. Nils isn’t the type of D skillset that is going to replace Trouba’s game. He’s not very big, or very physical.
He does play solid 2-way D but Is more in the mold of a Fox then a trouba.
The NYR current top 3 RD are Fox-Trouba-Schneider since he’s been called up.
Schneider has been rock solid since his call up. There’s no way he’s sent down or traded if he continues to play the way he has.
lundkvist likely gets dealt because there’s little to no chance the rangers trade trouba before his nMC turns into a MNTC.
Neither Schneider or Lundkvist will be in the AHL for that amount of time..
It’s pretty obvious to any NYR fan and most hockey fans in general that Lundkvist is traded before they move Schneider.

you can say end of discussion, but you have no grasp of the Rangers situation, or the roles certain players and prospects are playing currently or in the future.... get a clue

Last edited:
Reactions: Dijock94

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

Miller @ %50
For
Lundkvist, kravtsov, 2nd

Would do this in a second. Even if it took a 1st I think it is reasonable.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Schneider is on the rangers roster right now. Trouba is likely moved in 2 years time when his nMC expires. At that point, Schneider will assume the 2nd pair RD behind Fox and you’ll likely see a Miller-Schneider 2nd pairing. Nils isn’t the type of D skillset that is going to replace Trouba’s game. He’s not very big, or very physical.
He does play solid 2-way D but Is more in the mold of a Fox then a trouba.
The NYR current top 3 RD are Fox-Trouba-Schneider since he’s been called up.
Schneider has been rock solid since his call up. There’s no way he’s sent down or traded if he continues to play the way he has.
lundkvist likely gets dealt because there’s little to no chance the rangers trade trouba before his nMC turns into a MNTC.
Neither Schneider or Lundkvist will be in the AHL for that amount of time..
It’s pretty obvious to any NYR fan and most hockey fans in general that Lundkvist is traded before they move Schneider.

you can say end of discussion, but you have no grasp of the Rangers situation, or the roles certain players and prospects are playing currently or in the future.... get a clue
You’re getting a top 15 NHL forward in return for a player who is on your 3rd pairing RHD. You get a clue :laugh: You’re severely overrating Schneider or underrating Miller. He would be your 2nd best forward.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
All these Miller threads are great, but there is no way that the Canucks are going to deal him. We are right back in the playoff mix, only 6 points out of 2nd place in the division, with a game in hand on the Kings and 2 on the ducks. The team is 10-3-1 under BB, and looks light years better than it did under Green.

Trading our best forward is all but conceding this season and next. There is a far better chance of him resigning in Vancouver than being dealt, he is too big a piece for us.

this is simply not true, we have a less than 1 in 5 chance of making the playoffs and even if we did, the team isn’t going anywhere. The defence has to many gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad