Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Rangers right now:

giphy.gif

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Have they checked with JT Miller?

I think he had terrible time in NY, with NY giving up on him eventually. He did not play well, but that's besides the point. He may not be too happy going back, and would rather close that unpleasant chapter. His play could suffer as well. The fans would probably be quick to dig up that old hatchet if things do not start off well. Just seems like one of the worst destinations for him.

Feb 19, 2018
What I have been saying all along. They make excellent trading partners. If a deal gets done I’ll be excited to see the reactions from the fans on here. Expect to give up a lot!

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Shouldn't have ever traded him :sarcasm:

But under Gallant's system I think he'll be incredible and could work well on any of their lines. Still think Vancouver is too good a fit for him.

Could see maybe Strome going the other way or picks and prospects.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

But under Gallant's system I think he'll be incredible and could work well on any of their lines. Still think Vancouver is too good a fit for him.

I'm not sure Vancouver has interest in Strome, who is a UFA after this season.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

I assume you mean Strome ++ here right?

Either way, no chance that's who the Canucks trade for.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Just an update for people that don’t know.

Canucks needs are as follows:

Major Need:
Top Prospect RHD

Minor Needs:

Picks
Decent Prospects

(Or player equivalent’s)

- JT Miller has been absolutely ridiculous for Vancouver, Basically point per game in the last three seasons in Vancouver, incredible on the face off, hard-working, gritty, Performed in the most recent playoffs, And has a cheap contract for another year.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015

Major Need:
Top Prospect RHD

Minor Needs:

Picks
Decent Prospects

(Or player equivalent’s)

- JT Miller has been absolutely ridiculous for Vancouver, Basically point per game in the last three seasons in Vancouver, incredible on the face off, hard-working, gritty, Performed in the most recent playoffs, And has a cheap contract for another year.

We need centers as well

Almost nobody in the system and past 2023 the only "centers" signed are Dickinson and Pettersson

Reactions: Canucks LB

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
We need centers as well

Almost nobody in the system and past 2023 the only "centers" signed are Dickinson and Pettersson

Agreed. Would like a young C coming back in the deal if we trading with the Rangers. :laugh:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Agreed. Would like a young C coming back in the deal if we trading with the Rangers. :laugh:
Rangers don’t have any of those, unfortunately. I could see Lundkvist going to Vancouver but would probably need more than one-plus season of JT Miller. Unless Vancouver retains. That could be a deal. JTM @50% plus a 3rd for Lundkvist?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Major Need:
Top Prospect RHD

Minor Needs:

Picks
Decent Prospects

(Or player equivalent’s)

They’ll also need a future replacement for JT as well. Trading him will be about finding the best future value for this team and not necessarily just to recoup a RH’ed d-man.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
If they trade Kravtsov for Miller, at this point there is no doubt that Drury was hired for the sole purpose of pissing me off.
Rangers don’t have any of those, unfortunately. I could see Lundkvist going to Vancouver but would probably need more than one-plus season of JT Miller. Unless Vancouver retains. That could be a deal. JTM @50% plus a 3rd for Lundkvist?

This thread is hilarious. Lundkvist for Miller+? Kravstov being a non starter? Lmao so delusional

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Miller @ 50% for Schneider, Chytil + 2022 1st

Miller @ 50% represents almost the same cap hit as Chytil.

Way too much.

Putting aside the oddity of trading for a player we moved on from not THAT long ago because of how poorly he meshed with the team culture, the obvious parallel deal here is the Yandle to NY trade from a few years back. High end player at a key position, 50% retained with a season and a half left on his contract. Similar ages (Yandle was 28 when traded).

Yandle returned:
- 1st rounder
- 2nd rounder (the following year)
- a 3rd pair journeyman defender (John Moore)
- a well-regarded rookie (former 3rd round pick Anthony Duclair, who had put up 7 points in his first 18 games).

And that was considered a lot back then. None of those pieces was valued as highly as Schneider. I still don't think Miller is a fit for the Rangers ($$ and bad prior history), but the equivalent Rangers package would look more like:

-1st rounder
-2nd rounder
-Nemeth
-Zac Jones

There are variations to be made here, but none that involve Schneider going back. I wouldn't move Chytil in a Miller trade, either. You want to upgrade from Nemeth to Hajek? Fine--replace the 2nd rounder with a 4th rounder. You want to upgrade from Jones to Nils Lundkvist? Fine. Remove the 1st rounder.

You get a better offer than this from another team? Accept it, by all means.

Reactions: bernmeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad