Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs Monday Sep.21 TSN5 7:30PM

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
The sens averaged like 30% on the faceoffs at home..that just has to improve if you want to win more than edmonton did these last few years. Decent game but it really looked like the sens had no idea who to pass to and generally lacked energy throughout the game.

Got a nice laugh out of being shorthanded to start the game and end it, hilarious sens hockey really is back guis.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Just finished watching both games heres my input:

The talent was more in favor of the home Sens but the IQ was more apparent in the away Sens.

Even though the home Sens lost marginally and away Sens lost bigger score, the away Sens played better as a unit and lost cause of Pk and some weak goals against. Their PP was much more lethal.

Hoffman will be the 2nd best player for Ottawa this season after Stone. He is ready for 30 goals. He looks brilliant and dynamic and above everyone else who were playing in Toronto. Reilly was real good but not dominating like Hoffman even though Johnson on Reilly's ****.

Great news:

Zibanejad: looks quicker than he did last year, someone said otherwise in this thread earlier and I have no idea where that was the case, he was doing everything

Hoffman: Has elite potential

Chiasson: Meh, I unno what many saw when they said he was one of the better Sens, he was alright.

Paul: This guy could play in NHL now and have Lazar type impact from last year but rather let him in AHL and develop more offensive skills to play at potential top 6 level in future. So strong and incredibly smart

Ceci: Great news guys, this guy was terrific. For the love Reilly was getting, Ceci was equally excellent for the Sens, breaking up plays left and right and leading rushes I thought it was Zibanejad at times cutting through middle

Wiercioch: More excellent news, he looks quicker

Chlapik: Could probably end up being a steal, was one of our best players and so savvy both ends of the ice, raw but skills is there.

Puempel: As good as Prince was in Ottawa, Puempel was as good in Toronto.

Boro looks more posed, Harpur was ok.

Now Home Sens:

You know what, I gotta give props to Dzingel who I'm shocking isn't getting enough love. This guys is fabulous, he is so smooth with the puck, so slick and speedy with great stick. He made a terrific cut play to the slot in traffic in 1st period and ringed it off post. His playmaking was on point as well, I expect this guy to have breakout season in bingo and see an NHL future with him.

McCormick was good but doesn't have the skill Dzingel has, imo, still effective and tenacious.

Ryan looked good

Karlsson was legend.

Turris and Mac looked their typical effective selves.

Lindberg is extremely intriguing, he has brilliant skill-set but we should take our time with him, no rush whatsoever let him hone his skills everywhere.

Chabot looked better as game went on especially as an 18 year old holy.

Andy was great

Prince was effective for sure, puck on a string.

Lmao, Milo works hard yo but his time as top 6 long over. I do admire his work ethic.

O'Dell not bad

JFG

Mar 14, 2012

The talent was more in favor of the home Sens but the IQ was more apparent in the away Sens.

Even though the home Sens lost marginally and away Sens lost bigger score, the away Sens played better as a unit and lost cause of Pk and some weak goals against. Their PP was much more lethal.

Hoffman will be the 2nd best player for Ottawa this season after Stone. He is ready for 30 goals. He looks brilliant and dynamic and above everyone else who were playing in Toronto. Reilly was real good but not dominating like Hoffman even though Johnson on Reilly's ****.

Great news:

Zibanejad: looks quicker than he did last year, someone said otherwise in this thread earlier and I have no idea where that was the case, he was doing everything

Chiasson: Meh, I unno what many saw when they said he was one of the better Sens, he was alright.

Paul: This guy could play in NHL now and have Lazar type impact from last year but rather let him in AHL and develop more offensive skills to play at potential top 6 level in future. So strong and incredibly smart

Ceci: Great news guys, this guy was terrific. For the love Reilly was getting, Ceci was equally excellent for the Sens, breaking up plays left and right and leading rushes I thought it was Zibanejad at times cutting through middle

Chlapik: Could probably end up being a steal, was one of our best players and so savvy both ends of the ice, raw but skills is there.

Now Home Sens:

You know what, I gotta give props to Dzingel who I'm shocking isn't getting enough love. This guys is fabulous, he is so smooth with the puck, so slick and speedy with great stick. He made a terrific cut play to the slot in traffic in 1st period and ringed it off post. His playmaking was on point as well, I expect this guy to have breakout season in bingo and see an NHL future with him.

McCormick was good but doesn't have the skill Dzingel has, imo, still effective and tenacious.

Ryan looked good

Karlsson was legend.

Lindberg is extremely intriguing, he has brilliant skill-set but we should take our time with him, no rush whatsoever let him hone his skills everywhere.

Andy was great

Lmao, Milo works hard yo but his time as top 6 long over. I do admire his work ethic.

O'Dell not bad

Quite surprising coming from you :)

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I only watched the game in Ottawa.

From the young players in that game I was impressed by Chabot and Lindberg. Prince was pretty good and should play in the NHL this year. Was a bit disappointed in Claesson's game -- to me he looks like he's the same player he was two years ago, and I'm having a hard time seeing an NHL player there.

Thought O'Dell was pretty noticeable, clearly a guy who can play on the 4th line and contribute to an NHL team.

All the other vets looked more or less the same to me as they always have. No one stood out positively and the only negative was some of Cowen's bumbles. Really really wish the guy would shorten his stick a couple inches.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Didn't get to see either game, but also don't give a rats arse about preseason.

Hopefully it was a positive learning experience for all involved.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011

Great news:

Now Home Sens:

Ryan looked good

Karlsson was legend.

Andy was great

O'Dell not bad

I was at the game in Toronto and Im not sure what game you were watching

Hoffman elite smh was a puck hog and very one dimensional I except him to stay in Cameron's doghouse

Ceci and Patty W looked lost at times

Colin Greening isnt a NHL caliber hockey player

Zac Smith was always around the puck and banging bodies

Hammond was good couple bad giveaways by our D really hung him out

Nick Paul looked good big body great vision but needs more polish Id take him over Matt Puempel now which says alot for Puempel

Mika was Mika not much changed Im hoping this year he becomes more Aggerssive

Overall not a great performance but excepted with this roster

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Hoffman elite smh was a puck hog and very one dimensional I except him to stay in Cameron's doghouse

Nick Paul looked good big body great vision but needs more polish Id take him over Matt Puempel now which says alot for Puempel

He was like this last year as well.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Lindberg didn't have a game in which he stood out. Bit the bits and pieces he had the puck and what he did made me think he's actually got a solid chance at this. Looked poised, and that's usually most important with young extremely inexperienced players.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
Went to the Ottawa game and only thing I have to say is Clune is a MASSIVE *******. One of the reasons why I hate the instigator rule. He spent the first period trying to get in Karlsson's kitchen; a few shots after the play, yapping in his face, etc... EVERY time Neil came over to have a chat, he'd grab a ref and hide. Good news is Karlsson dropped him in front of the net once and laughed at him the whole time he was jawing.

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

This is exactly what I saw, too.

Zibanejad was by no means fast. He did look better than he did in training camp last year but same old from him - he's playing well defensively but has no offensive jam because he isn't willing to work.

Ceci was alright but I would say he looked better during his first NHL stint.

Wiercioch was pretty good I thought. He did look faster.

Hoffman was way faster than anyone on the ice...it wasn't even close. He has the opposite problem that Zib does.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I am not sure that was a pass as much as it was a clearing attempt that Hoffman read well

Still, I'm open to the possibility it was meant as one because Weircioch has shown to have good vision

I just don't think it was meant as a pass

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I am not sure that was a pass as much as it was a clearing attempt that Hoffman read well

Still, I'm open to the possibility it was meant as one because Weircioch has shown to have good vision

I just don't think it was meant as a pass

Yeah. To me, it was more of a clear to put in an open area of the ice. It looks like he just intended to get it in behind the shortside defender and let the forwards challenge for it. Great play none the less.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I can get on board with this. Move him while other teams still think he has potential.

That's what I've been saying all summer. Maybe we can dupe a GM thinking this guy is a power forward, just like BM was duped.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That's what I've been saying all summer. Maybe we can dupe a GM thinking this guy is a power forward, just like BM was duped.

BM wasn't duped. He had one team to negotiate with, and an asset that he had to get rid of, and reluctantly made a deal for fifty cents to the dollar.

There's a difference.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
BM wasn't duped. He had one team to negotiate with, and an asset that he had to get rid of, and reluctantly made a deal for fifty cents to the dollar.

There's a difference.

If that's the case he should have targeted another player. Eakin would have been a better return. It would have killed 2 birds with one stone and his mistake signing of Legwand would not have been made.

To me it seems like his love for big bodied young men, clouds his logic.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If that's the case he should have targeted another player. Eakin would have been a better return..

And maybe if we target Eakin, then Dallas responds that we can't have Paul. And if we insist on having Eakin AND Paul, then Dallas pulls out of negotiations (knowing they were already putting out the best offer for Spezza among teams who weren't on Spez's NTC), then we have an unsatisfied Spezza play out the year, and he walks as a UFA and we get nothing. Or he gets injured during the year, and we can't even flip him for picks at the deadline.

There's no way we make that Spezza trade unless we had no other options. Chiasson was on the trading block in Dallas WAY before we acquired him, we could have had him at almost any point in the previous season if we'd actually wanted him, and for far less than as "a main piece in a Jason Spezza trade".

We wanted the pick, and we wanted Paul. Chiasson was a cheap gamble. Guptill was just a contract that Dallas could free themselves of. That's the trade.

Othello*

Nick Paul was one year removed from being drafted in the 4th round and coming off a 47 point season in Junior. Getting Eakin + Paul would've been possible

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Nick Paul was one year removed from being drafted in the 4th round and coming off a 47 point season in Junior. Getting Eakin + Paul would've been possible

Meh, probably not possible. Just because a few fans think it feasible, doesn't mean that player X was on the table. Eakin might have been a huge no from Dallas.

I'm sure I've heard more than once how Ottawa should've pushed for Tyler Johnson instead of Cory Conacher. GM's know what they have, they're not giving up their good parts unless the return is TGTBT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad