Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs Monday Sep.21 TSN5 7:30PM

BigBush*

He was bad on the Kadri play and on the power play other than that he was ok to good in some spurts.

With regards to your second point, his role has been defined to be more of a stay at home defenceman and he actually made a few rush plays down low for scoring chances.

He had spurts where was just ok.

Expectations are very very low for Cowen

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
He was bad on the Kadri play and on the power play other than that he was ok to good in some spurts.

With regards to your second point, his role has been defined to be more of a stay at home defenceman and he actually made a few rush plays down low for scoring chances.

ok we get it you love him
I dont

Lets see if his play this year force cameron to play him more than last year

I don't think his performance tonight warrants him a spot in the line up

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I watched the white game.

Prospects Paul and Perron were pretty ineffective. Perron, in particular looked like he was in over his head. I thought Harpur was fairly solid but he did make a mistake that led to the second Leaf goal. Puempel was trying but never really got close to scoring.

Greening was as disappointing as you would expect. Chiasson was a bit better but not much. Mika, Ceci and Weircoch were all ok but only made a few nice plays. The hamburgler started poorly with two somewhat soft goals but he got it together and actually played well for the remainder of his time.

Hoffman, on the other hand, was brilliant. A one man army at times. I predict a 30 goal season from him. He was the only Sen who could consistently create chances.

How did Wideman play in the Red game?

I disagree on Paul. He had some decent takeaways, hits and defensive plays. I think he's a bit raw, but he's got a complete game. Greening was noticeable, which is saying more than most guys out there. Plays fizzled when he touched the puck though, so I'll be surprised if he takes Chiasson's spot this season. Chiasson I have no idea what's going on there. I'd honestly trade him asap and give his spot to one of the other prospects.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Guptill also looked better than I expected. As well as ewanyk.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Boro looked like he was laboring the whole game. Couldnt keep up. Paul was to soft on passes and dump ins.

BigBush*

Paul looks so damn good defensively. Offensively looks a little lost though.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Couldn't watch or listen to the games. Looks like a bad night for Sens fans.

I know these games don't mean much, but it sucks losing two games to TO in one evening.

Xamar*

Couldn't watch the games would anyone be kind enough to give your boy a recap??

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Couldn't watch or listen to the games. Looks like a bad night for Sens fans.

I know these games don't mean much, but it sucks losing two games to TO in one evening.

At least we weren't the only team to lose both split squad games.

Calgary lost both their games to Edmonton.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Couldn't watch the games would anyone be kind enough to give your boy a recap??

home game was close but imo sens had the edge. to tied it late and won it in 3 on 3 , Turris made a brutal change on a leaf rush. Chabot continued to shine.

away game was really one sided in favor of TO. Hammond and Driedger played well.
Hoffman really stood out in a good way, but sens generated very little offence.

Xamar*

home game was close but imo sens had the edge. to tied it late and won it in 3 on 3 , Turris made a brutal change on a leaf rush. Chabot continued to shine.

away game was really one sided in favor of TO. Hammond and Driedger played well.
Hoffman really stood out in a good way, but sens generated very little offence.

Thanks man. Losing to the leafs isn't fun especially twice but I'm not too concerned with the results I'm just glad the kids got to touch the ice and feel their games.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
I'm sure everyone was paying attention to the Sen's and noticed the good (and bad). I'll talk about the Leafs though. Most people know it, but Nylander is good and will be a great player in this league. I know Giroux is an excellent player to compare him to but he has that skill. I expect him to do great things in this league. Rielly was also very good. He may not be a Karlsson or Keith type player but he certainly has the skill to be a number one defenseman. Overall, I liked what I saw from both teams. Really like Chabot, and he has an outside chance of making the team. The leafs have a couple of years before they are contenders, but they will be one in a couple of years. The Sens also have some solid young players coming up. I expect Cameron to take the same approach as last year and let the best players play, and with that I think the Sens should be a shoe in for the top team in the division, assuming no injuries.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad