Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs Monday Sep.21 TSN5 7:30PM

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Sorry if I missed it elsewhere in this thread, but who coached the Away Sens in Toronto? Was it Richardson or one of Cameron's assistants?
Thanks in advance.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sorry if I missed it elsewhere in this thread, but who coached the Away Sens in Toronto? Was it Richardson or one of Cameron's assistants?
Thanks in advance.

Luke Richardson, not sure who the assistant coaches were but I would imagine Steve Sterling was one of them.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Could only watch the home game (TSN said not available in your region for the other :rant:) and the forward that impressed me the most was Ryan Dzingel. Chabot on defense. Also, Lindberg will be good. Great body, great skill set, great nose for the puck. Not ready yet though

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Could only watch the home game (TSN said not available in your region for the other :rant:) and the forward that impressed me the most was Ryan Dzingel. Chabot on defense. Also, Lindberg will be good. Great body, great skill set, great nose for the puck. Not ready yet though

His speed and desire stood out.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yes but he was also able to do something out of nothing and create "unexpected chances". Very creative player. Hoping he continues to develop, might have a gem there. Would like to see him play with skilled players.

Yup, he has some real talent and it's not just desire or work-ethic. His speed allows him to create gaps and separation and his IQ and skill allows him to generate scoring chances off it.

I still can't get over how excellent that cut to the middle from the boards, in traffic, then hit the post, was. He was also making some terrific and crisp saucer passes in flight.

Yea I really wanna see him with skill. Just please put Hoffman-Dzingel-Stone together once. Or give him Stone for a period.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yup, he has some real talent and it's not just desire or work-ethic. His speed allows him to create gaps and separation and his IQ and skill allows him to generate scoring chances off it.

I still can't get over how excellent that cut to the middle from the boards, in traffic, then hit the post, was. He was also making some terrific and crisp saucer passes in flight.

Ya that particular play made me :amazed:, there was no space at all but still he dangled in a phonebooth and created a very good chance out of it. But not only that, he created several other chances and made his linemates effective. That's why can you imagine maybe this line :

Puempel-Dzingel-Lazar

Yea I really wanna see him with skill. Just please put Hoffman-Dzingel-Stone together once. Or give him Stone for a period

hahaha that might be too complicated all over the ice, too many sneaky plays and IQ

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I see we are of the same opinion regarding Lindberg, I too think he is going to be a pretty good pro although I think he could be NHL ready by the end of this season or next.

Yes but he was also able to do something out of nothing and create "unexpected chances". Very creative player. Hoping he continues to develop, might have a gem there. Would like to see him play with skilled players.

Dzingel has played with skilled players during the development camp & the rookie tournament although maybe you mean NHL players. In the develop camp he played LW on a line with Paul C & Lindberg RW & in the rookie tournament he centered Puempel & Lindberg. In both cases they were the best & top line on the team at the camp & in the tournament. He is a tenacious player like McCormick who the team raves about with a motor that never stops at both ends of the ice & he plays with some grit for a little player. I would have no problem replacing Pageau if he got hurt with Dzingel who I think would do a pretty good job however management may think there could be a couple of guys ahead of him at both LW or centre. A future Ottawa 3rd line IMO could be Puempel or Prince at LW, Lazar at centre & Lindberg at RW, Paul could be forcasted to be a 4th line centre some day although he has 3rd line potential if not higher. A lot of good depth in the organization now at almost every position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad