Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Mike Blunden

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
When you have nothing people tend to bring up spelling mistakes ;)

Ah yes. Your sterling and concise analysis is really shinning through in this thread. Couldn't be bothered to even google Blunden and know he played for the Lightning this year but you seem to have a full scouting report on him nonetheless. I can tell how well informed you are, even more so than Pierre Dorion!

Othello*

Ah yes. Your sterling and concise analysis is really shinning through in this thread. Couldn't be bothered to even google Blunden and know he played for the Lightning this year but you seem to have a full scouting report on him nonetheless. I can tell how well informed you are.
Well he sucks and shouldn't be on our roster. Dorion saying that he may replace Chiasson is just stupid. We should be looking for upgrades and not AHL players that "may" get NHL time. Again, this is a two-way deal and he shouldn't get any NHL time.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Well he sucks and shouldn't be on our roster. Dorion saying that he may replace Chiasson is just stupid. We should be looking for upgrades and not AHL players that "may" get NHL time.

Did you see the interview? It was a quick little comment made about there being room on the right side with Chiasson gone. Said Blunden could get a chance to play there when he was asked specifically about Blunden. He didn't go out of his way and anoint him as the starting day 4th line RW, he just said he has the ability to play there, which is 100% accurate.

After training camp, you're not going to hear the name Mike Blunden again until the next training camp unless you decide to venture over to the Bingo threads or if we have 4 or 5 injuries to forwards.

Oct 10, 2010
Ah yes. Your sterling and concise analysis is really shinning through in this thread. Couldn't be bothered to even google Blunden and know he played for the Lightning this year but you seem to have a full scouting report on him nonetheless. I can tell how well informed you are.
Lol, what kind of analysts do i need to provide to tell you that Blunden sucks at the NHL level?

I said he was a plug and you didn't agree despite him playing 34 games past 5 or 6 years(?)

So i missed that he played 20 games last year, so what?

Instead of debating why Blunden wasn't a plug ( at the NHL level) you bring up how i didn't realize he payed 20 games with TB and comment on auto correct spelling mistake,lol.

So he played 20 games with Tampa last year, that doesn't change the fact that he stinks at the NHL level, which is why i don't want him on the ice for Ottawa, period.

I have seen you comment on players over the years that you thought sucked on our roster and Blunden is worse than all those players you mentioned previously that i have seen.

So the fact you would challenge me on something so ridiculous is weird to say the least.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Lol, what kind of analysts do i need to provide to tell you that Blunden sucks at the NHL level?

I said he was a plug and you didn't agree despite him playing 34 games past 5 or 6 years(?)

So i missed that he played 20 games last year, so what?

Instead of debating why Blunden wasn't a plug ( at the NHL level) you bring up how i didn't realize he payed 20 games with TB and comment on auto correct spelling mistake,lol.

So he played 20 games with Tampa last year, that doesn't change the fact that he stinks at the NHL level, which is why i don't want him on the ice for Ottawa, period.

I have seen you comment on players over the years that you thought sucked on our roster and Blunden is worse than all those players you mentioned previously that i have seen.

So the fact you would challenge me on something so ridiculous is weird to say the least.

We get it. You're more credible and knowledgeable than Steve Yzerman and Pierre Dorion. Its a privilege to have you giving us all insight on this forum whilst you prep for taking the next available GM position in the NHL or perhaps Team Canada in the 2018 Olympics.

Othello*

We get it. You're more credible and knowledgeable than Steve Yzerman and Pierre Dorion. Its a privilege to have you giving us all insight on this forum whilst you prep for taking the next available GM position in the NHL or perhaps Team Canada in the 2018 Olympics.
That's not what he's saying at all. Way to make yourself look childish and not form an actual argument on what he's trying to say. You're the king of ad hominems

Oct 10, 2010
You're all over the place, man!

So when you criticized FA deals just hours ago, should i reply with the:
"You're more credible and knowledgeable than GM A and GM B card?" That's weak and shows that you got nothing.

Why is Blunden not a plug again at the NHL level?

Stay on topic and debate me with stats otherwise don't reply back because this is nonsense to be honest.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
That's not what he's saying at all. Way to make yourself look childish and not form an actual argument on what he's trying to say. You're the king of ad hominems

I think it's pretty obvious what he's saying. He's calling Dorion an idiot for saying Mike Blunden has a CHANCE at playing on our 4th line (where plugs like Neil and Chiasson already play). I'm making fun of him and defending Dorion. It's pretty obvious that Blunden can fill in and take shifts on a NHL team's fourth line. He clearly demonstrated that this past season in Tampa Bay. Is he a fourth line plug? Absolutely. Is he a capable NHL call up? Yes. Obviously. Pierre Dorion and Steve Yzerman think so, they are not idiots. The fact we even have to debate this is insane.

Welcome to offseason 2016.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Well he sucks and shouldn't be on our roster. Dorion saying that he may replace Chiasson is just stupid. We should be looking for upgrades and not AHL players that "may" get NHL time. Again, this is a two-way deal and he shouldn't get any NHL time.

It would be pretty dumb to just straight up say he wont have a chance in the NHL. Ottawa probably tells AHL studs they might get some NHL games to help sign them

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It would be pretty dumb to just straight up say he wont have a chance in the NHL. Ottawa probably tells AHL studs they might get some NHL games to help sign them

Negotiation table

PD: You're a plug and should never play a NHL game. Please sign with us.

Mike Blunden: I feel appreciated and valued, thanks! I'll totally sign with your team.

PD: shut up. Sign here and get out of my sight.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Negotiation table

PD: You're a plug and should never play a NHL game. Please sign with us.

Mike Blunden: I feel appreciated and valued, thanks! I'll totally sign with your team.

PD: shut up. Sign here and get out of my sight.

:laugh:

Brennan: So does Mike Blunden have a chance to play in the NHL?

PD: No, Mike Blunden is a totally ****ed.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Fun fact: Blunden has a cottage beside my brother and sister's mother's cottage at Calabogie. Helluva nice guy. Gave my little bro so many sticks and cards.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Some people are getting way too worked up about an ahl signing.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Bingo is getting the love for sure ,we will not be a bottom basement team again :nod:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
yeah the blunden replacing chiasson thing is so dumb. Just say he's an AHL signing. Management is constantly trying spin garbage to the fanbase.

And you know I know someone is gonna be like "well what's he suppose to say to blunden? He thinks he's strictly an NHL guy?" Uh yeah. People would die to play in the AHL. I doubt blunden was a must have. Regardless of what Dorian night say. If blunden is offended. To get someone else. It's blunden

I meant to say strictly an AHL guy

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
yeah the blunden replacing chiasson thing is so dumb. Just say he's an AHL signing. Management is constantly trying spin garbage to the fanbase.

And you know I know someone is gonna be like "well what's he suppose to say to blunden? He thinks he's strictly an NHL guy?" Uh yeah. People would die to play in the AHL. I doubt blunden was a must have. Regardless of what Dorian night say. If blunden is offended. To get someone else. It's blunden

I meant to say strictly an AHL guy

He wasn't spinning anything. Garrioch's tweet was misleading. He just said that with Chiasson gone we have more room on right wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad