Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Francis Perron to ELC

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Gagne does not need to be signed by the 15th.. He was a 2015 pick out of the CHL. We have one more year if im not mistaken

Yeah that was my bad, Dorion was comparing them and the interview mentions the deadline so I just assumed it applied to both of them.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I do now. LOL.

Either way, it was good to look at Prince as a comparison of what he could become. I would say based on stats (since I haven't seen much of him), he has a very good chance of being a better prospect than Prince.

Pretty hard to evaluate considering Prince hasnt even come close to developing yet. Cant base any evaluation on how he was with the sens, he was never given a fair shake. He sure looked good with the Islanders though.

Perron looks to be a player though no argument here. Should have been on the WJC team without a doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
it's quite impressive to see where the can hit him considering the ref was skating backward then slowly turned and opened up to receive that projectile.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
The only "negative" post on Page 1 was a sarcastic comment by dzingelalltheway, who it seems just posted it to poke fun at the "Murray :shakehead" posts that were popping up all the time.

Also: Brutus Beefcake pics.

Didn't pick up the sarcasm I guess. Glad to hear about it. I'm liking the Perron signing as are most I'd assume.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
So, what's everyone's projection as to Perron's potential in the NHL? Is he another Hoffman?

Sure starting to feel like it.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
Not going to bother debating this stuff. But you just absolutely made this up. I guess that's what the Internet is for eh.

It's funny how defensive everyone gets around here when someone knows more than they do. Jealousy I guess. If the mods want to lock this or delete any references made it would be appreciated

But he really did do that...

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
That Spezza thread definitely happened. People were losing their minds - it was amazing.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Thank god my memory isn't as bad as I thought it was for a second there :laugh:

Definitely not misremembering. There were two threads — one saying 'Spezza deal is done' with no specifics, then another a bit later saying 'I'm sorry, I had to. Learn to appreciate players while we still have them.' or something along those lines.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not going to bother debating this stuff. But you just absolutely made this up. I guess that's what the Internet is for eh.

It's funny how defensive everyone gets around here when someone knows more than they do. Jealousy I guess. If the mods want to lock this or delete any references made it would be appreciated

It absolutely happened.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pretty hard to evaluate considering Prince hasnt even come close to developing yet. Cant base any evaluation on how he was with the sens, he was never given a fair shake. He sure looked good with the Islanders though.

Prince is gonna be 24 y/o at the beginning of next season. He's older than Zibanejad, Ceci, Lazar, Puempel, etc. He's the same age as Pageau. That's why "even come close" sounds very exaggerated. could believe that Prince hasn't breakout yet. I don't share that sentiment.

Definitely not misremembering. There were two threads — one saying 'Spezza deal is done' with no specifics, then another a bit later saying 'I'm sorry, I had to. Learn to appreciate players while we still have them.' or something along those lines.

Well it was a really good intention but very wishful thinking for this board... Young people hardly appreciate what they have until they lose it. I have been guilty of that in the past. Since then I have learned.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Well wasnt it rumored that Spezza had asked for a trade a few years before actually being dealt but BMurr and Co talked him out of it and settled him down? Maybe that's what backdoorpass had info on?

Anyways, Im real interested in Perron. The Q does have a history of kids producing like crazy but never really becoming anything at the next level.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00