Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Rangers Dec. 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ranta made the big saves. Condon didn't. End of story.

1st goal was a bad goal to let in.

4th goal was an even worse goal to let in. Those just cannot go in.

Condon has been playing spectacular so far, so i guess he was due for a bad game.

Condon is playing too much right now - you saw it last year in Montreal, and you're seeing it again now. Of course there is SFA we can do about it until further notice. He's our guy for now. That week off will be immensely helpful first week of January...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Man, when Ceci missed that open net, I had that annoying feeling.

I knew it was going to be one of those games where we had glorious chances and the other team would score on crap.

Basically Condon and our PP cost us the game.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
Well, here's my game notes from last night :

- **** I am watching the 2nd period and Condon is sucking tonight :( Didn't like his bad rebound on a soft shot at the end of the 1st, gave the Rangers their best scoring chance

- Was the Dzingel penalty really deserved? Because that's a big momentum changer

- Post by Stone on the PP

- On the other hand, Raanta robs Ceci with a save of the year worthy save. Bobby Ryan gets robbed of a nice assist once again.

- Wow and Raanta steals another goal? Another post by Dzingel too

- Again the penalty on Pageau.... hmmm huge momentum changer, not sure if that penalty was deserved as Pageau got cross checked in the back

- Sens take too many penalties... I think 4 in that 2nd period. Maybe they weren't 100% deserved but they killed their own momentum

- And again, it carries on in the 3rd. Getting a penalty on everything they touch! :rant:

- OMG Condon, another softie on Holden :facepalm:. This sucks all of sudden. Not sure how it will end but Sens deserved a better fate. Freaking penalties too.

- And now Lazar hit the post, 3rd post for the Sens this game.

- Now Brassard hit the post too, and Ryan gets totally robbed by the goalie's toe who wasn't even ready for the shot... 4 freaking posts

- I almost lost count but just heard a 5th post (Phaneuf)... How is it even possible? A lucky team would have scored 10 goals in that game. Raanta with another 2 point blank saves on Hoffman :rant:

Well, that game was so promising but luck, Condon and Raanta weren't on our side.

I just wanted to add that Brassard hit both posts on that shot bringing our total to at least 6!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wait... I posted my stuff before I finished watching but Turris hit the cross bar as well late in the 3rd! :laugh: 6 freaking posts? Never seen that. It makes Kovalev look lucky with posts and crossbars.

And if it wasn't enough, Nick Holden (who scored 2 softies on Condon) saved 2 goals late in the 3rd

6 freaking posts lmao. Anyway, if the Sens play like this every night, good things will happen. Game was too fast for the Rangers.

that drop pass attempt was Lazar in a nutshell lol

Poor kid doesn't make the right decisions with the puck

and playing a man down when Brassard is on the ice.

:laugh: :sarcasm:

Seriously, I dunno why we let the poster you quoted continue doing what he is doing. What he is doing is clear at this point...

Now I know how the Sharks felt when they lost to Ottawa.

I don't think the Sharks hit 6 posts but I understand what you mean (corsi battle)

In what world??? This has been a good effort by the majority of the team. A goalie with a horseshoe up his ass doesn't change that.

That's what he meant. One-sided as the Sens totally dominated.

It's never right to blame one guy for a loss but Condon really blew this one.

He's allowed that I guess since he's been great in every other game he's played for us.

Well, I wouldn't say that :

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/livetracker/game/1646690
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/livetracker/game/1646594
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/livetracker/game/1646653

However I wouldn't blame him entirely for those games as the team wasn't at his best and the goals were the result of a combination of PKs, bad bounces and great shots.

That being said, 4 bad performances out of 14 starts is not bad for a back-up goalie. Andy has been inconsistent too but at least our goalies have been very strong in some games.

I thought Brassard was clutch, but honestly he's been anything but that aside from a few games.

Me too, Brassard was involved in a lot of scoring chances in that game, particularly in the 3rd. Like Ryan but those guys were acquired by trade so...

Sometimes you don't win. Erik Karlsson is amazing. Ceci had a good game. Condon was good, but he looks gassed, despite 4 days off. Maybe mental fatigue a bit.

? :huh:

The Sens are weak at centre. Pageau just doesn't play the game the way he used to. Once in a while he drives the play but it's so rare now. Turris we know should be a good #2 centre so I won't blame him too much since he's mostly taking the other team's #1 coverage. When he plays centre Kelly is past is BB date. Lazar has not developed and that's management's fault. They should have left him in the AHL where he belongs but now it's too late he's not waiver exempt. Brassard is too much of a slow thinker. Should I pass, should I shoot, oh oh the puck is coming and it's an empty net but I'd better stop it so I can decide if I should pass or shoot. Wait is someone open?... there are only 3 guys in between me and my LW so I think I'll pass... oh wait... maybe I'll shoot now that the blocker has arrived :facepalm:

I know I know next year they'll have some kid named White or Brown........ who'll come and save the franchise

That's not what it is at that level of hockey. If you played various levels of hockey, you will understand. You have basically 0 time to think at the NHL level. You have to make the "right decision" almost right away. If you start think, then you might not make the right decision most of the time. That has nothing with being a slow or fast thinker. You have to play with instincts. If you start thinking you will get beat by other players who are playing with their instincts. No place for hesitation in the NHL.

Man, when Ceci missed that open net, I had that annoying feeling.

I knew it was going to be one of those games where we had glorious chances and the other team would score on crap.

Basically Condon and our PP cost us the game.

What do you mean missed that open net? It was a miraculous save by Raanta

And check the highlights again, the PP was actually really good (but extremely bad lucky and Raanta was hot). 8 shots, 10 SCF and 5 HDCF in just 4 attempts (7 shots, 7 SCF and 3 HDCF for the Rangers which people thought was very good in that game). The Sens also had 3 posts (Stone, Brassard, Phaneuf), and not sure if Turris crossbar was on the PP.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/livetracker/game/1647234

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad