Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Rangers Dec. 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
The only thing that makes this loss feel a little better is that Boston lost tonight (and most of the team played well tonight)

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
On a positive note I thought Ceci had an excellent game. Scored a goal, almost had a second one in close and saved a goal.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Deserve to win the game but the goaltending let us down tonight. Last minutes and we need a goal with 6 skaters and no Ryan on the ice.

Encouraged by their game tonight. Rangers got lucky but we we took some bad penalties and they capitalized, that's what good teams do. Would of been nice to beat Rantaa, won't see him again this season.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
On a positive note I thought Ceci had an excellent game. Scored a goal, almost had a second one in close and saved a goal.

Agreed. His best game in long time.

The whole team was great, our goalie was badly out-dueled and we hit 4 posts. That was the difference maker.

I do agree we are weak at C tho. Turris and Brassard are 2nd liners, nothing more.

Zucc is amazing, no wonder why Brassard scored as much as he did in NYR.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Absolutely this. Anderson can and should spend as much time away from the grind as he and Nicholle need. Suggesting anything else is not a good opinion.

I'm more concerned that watching his team play live might make Andy feel he's letting them down and want to rush back. Andy knows a couple of those goals were pretty soft.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Are you kidding me? Family >>>> a game

True. But I don't think Amderson is the first NHL player with a family member sick and I don't ever remember an NHL player leaving the game to care for a family member. Chris Phillips took a year off of hockey to take care of his parents, but he was not being paid millions of dollars.

I'm torn on this one. Everything is bigger then family, but this is in a grey zone for me. When you sign a contract like that you assume responsibilities larger then working on bank street for the government. And even a government worker wouldn't have the freedom to come and go as they please.

Not blaming him, just think he should either take a year or half a year off completely or stay with the team, coming and going to me is a tough one.

If he comes back and loses a bunch of games, I don't think fans will be really thrilled with his decision. You want to pretend you don't care, but you'll have an opinion if he shows a lot of rust.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm more concerned that watching his team play live might make Andy feel he's letting them down and want to rush back. Andy knows a couple of those goals were pretty soft.

As long as it's his decision, I'll respect it. Only he and his family know what's best for them. For any of us — strangers on a message board — to suggest anything otherwise is selfish at best.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brassard just missed tying it with the post crossbar post shot. That's about as close as it comes without going in.

Not defending him just saying he came close

DSJW

Jun 29, 2016
Are you kidding me? Family >>>> a game

Not that I disagree with you at all, but if he can come watch a game in person,then how come he can't play in the game he is sitting in the stands to watch?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
tumblr_inline_n0nwyggw2t1sorbnf.gif

till next time.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Not that I disagree with you at all, but if he can come watch a game in person,then how come he can't play in the game he is sitting in the stands to watch?

Because a goalie who isn't flexible is a torn groin/knee waiting to happen.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ranta made the big saves. Condon didn't. End of story.

1st goal was a bad goal to let in.

4th goal was an even worse goal to let in. Those just cannot go in.

Condon has been playing spectacular so far, so i guess he was due for a bad game.

Last edited:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Ranta made the big saves. Condon didn't. End of story.

1st goal was a bad goal to let in.

4th goal was an even worse goal to let in. Those just cannot go in.

Condon has been playing spectacular so far, so i guess he was due for a bad game.

Pretty much this. Raanta had 2 huge saves, Condon did not. Every goalie has a bad game from time to time.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The rags were Lucky, with a mother****ing capital L. Condon was to blame for 3 goals. If he played a good game it would have been an easy W.

Good game from Ceci. I've been ragging on him, but this is not one these times.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, here's my game notes from last night :

- **** I am watching the 2nd period and Condon is sucking tonight :( Didn't like his bad rebound on a soft shot at the end of the 1st, gave the Rangers their best scoring chance

- Was the Dzingel penalty really deserved? Because that's a big momentum changer

- Post by Stone on the PP

- On the other hand, Raanta robs Ceci with a save of the year worthy save. Bobby Ryan gets robbed of a nice assist once again.

- Wow and Raanta steals another goal? Another post by Dzingel too

- Again the penalty on Pageau.... hmmm huge momentum changer, not sure if that penalty was deserved as Pageau got cross checked in the back

- Sens take too many penalties... I think 4 in that 2nd period. Maybe they weren't 100% deserved but they killed their own momentum

- And again, it carries on in the 3rd. Getting a penalty on everything they touch! :rant:

- OMG Condon, another softie on Holden :facepalm:. This sucks all of sudden. Not sure how it will end but Sens deserved a better fate. Freaking penalties too.

- And now Lazar hit the post, 3rd post for the Sens this game.

- Now Brassard hit the post too, and Ryan gets totally robbed by the goalie's toe who wasn't even ready for the shot... 4 freaking posts

- I almost lost count but just heard a 5th post (Phaneuf)... How is it even possible? A lucky team would have scored 10 goals in that game. Raanta with another 2 point blank saves on Hoffman :rant:

Well, that game was so promising but luck, Condon and Raanta weren't on our side.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Because there is a difference between taking 2-3 hours out of your day to support your teammates and being in game shape ready to help the team win. He's played 1 game this month (which he clearly was not in game shape for nor in the right mental state for).

If and when Anderson comes back, it will be after practicing with the team in game-like situations for a while prior to suiting back up, not right into a game the first time he straps on the pads and laces up his skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad