Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Rangers Dec. 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Condon must be feeling pretty bad about that 4th goal considering we did so much to win this game.

Brassard should keep his head down after this one.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
We've won enough games we had no business winning that this type of karma you just have to shake off. Hopefully we got it all out of the way in 1 game. Easily should have been an Ottawa win, but you have to suffer these types of defeats sometimes.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We've won enough games we had no business winning that this type of karma you just have to shake off. Hopefully we got it all out of the way in 1 game. Easily should have been an Ottawa win, but you have to suffer these types of defeats sometimes.

You're not that ducked up

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
It's never right to blame one guy for a loss but Condon really blew this one.

He's allowed that I guess since he's been great in every other game he's played for us.

On to the next one I gues.... grrh

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Brassard had two chances to let it rip. First one he hesitates and decides to pass through a couple bodies to Phaneuf. Second one he elects to stop the puck and finally let it go to have it blocked. Should've one time it.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Frustrating 3rd, but mostly because of how well they played in the lat 10 minutes and just couldn't bury one.

Brassard shouldn't be on the ice in those situations, he's not very good.

Oh well, rebound in the next one.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brassard has genuinely been brutal

Hard to believe this is the guy we traded Zibanejad + a 2nd for.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Sometimes you don't win. Erik Karlsson is amazing. Ceci had a good game. Condon was good, but he looks gassed, despite 4 days off. Maybe mental fatigue a bit.

Some sloppy moments, but near the end we looked great.

I agree with some of the Brassard criticisms. For me, that shot wasn't even that bad, Rantaa looked in position so he was just trying to wire it past him (but the wind-up was ridiculously slow). A few seconds earlier he sent the ugliest pass to Phaneuf which just completely broke our set up. That is what cost us a great opportunity, IMO, more so than the wind up.

It feels like he just doesn't believe in himself, I don't know how to put it. Kind of like when Ryan goes on a slump... But this one has been reaaaaaally long :laugh:

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
1. Brassard can't spell 'shoot'
2. Condon forgot how to goalie, twice
3. Post and Crossbar made more saves than Raanta
4. First and last career fight for Stone pls
5. Bobby Ryan still can't spell 'intensity'

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Andy was in the building for tonight apparently.

I don't want to sound rude given his wife's situation but he really needs to come back to work.

This team needs him playing at least the odd game with Condon maybe doing a 50/50 split with him or something to give him time here and there to be with his wife.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
**** goaltending and stellar goaltending the other way including 4 posts = no big deal.

We completely outplayed them. So badly. We deserved to win this.

I hope Zack Smith is ok. He is so much more effective on that Brassard line

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Sometimes you don't win. Erik Karlsson is amazing. Ceci had a good game. Condon was good, but he looks gassed, despite 4 days off. Maybe mental fatigue a bit.

Some sloppy moments, but near the end we looked great.

I agree with some of the Brassard criticisms. For me, that shot wasn't even that bad, Rantaa looked in position so he was just trying to wire it past him (but the wind-up was ridiculously slow). A few seconds earlier he sent the ugliest pass to Phaneuf which just completely broke our set up. That is what cost us a great opportunity, IMO, more so than the wind up.

It feels like he just doesn't believe in himself, I don't know how to put it. Kind of like when Ryan goes on a slump... But this one has been reaaaaaally long :laugh:

I think it's rust more than anything. Too many days off and he only got a short practice in earlier today since our game last thursday.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
We played good. Better team. Too many penalties. Bad PK. Bad goaltending.

Brassard isn't a 'cheap contract', he's worth exactly what he's paid. Third line money.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I think it's rust more than anything. Too many days off and he only got a short practice in earlier today since our game last thursday.

Yeah, maybe that's more accurate. Either way, he just seemed a bit out of it and sluggish on some plays. Definitely not his usual play.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, I think we might have to accept that Brassard is pretty much a 45-point guy. I really can't see us getting 50+ points from him.

Man, center has really flipped on us...from our biggest strength, or a huge weakness in two years.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah, I think we might have to accept that Brassard is pretty much a 45-point guy. I really can't see us getting 50+ points from him.

Man, center has really flipped on us...from our biggest strength, or a huge weakness in two years.

Blame the fact we traded Spezza+Zibanejad+2nd for Brassard+a bunch of AHL trash.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The Sens are weak at centre. Pageau just doesn't play the game the way he used to. Once in a while he drives the play but it's so rare now. Turris we know should be a good #2 centre so I won't blame him too much since he's mostly taking the other team's #1 coverage. When he plays centre Kelly is past is BB date. Lazar has not developed and that's management's fault. They should have left him in the AHL where he belongs but now it's too late he's not waiver exempt. Brassard is too much of a slow thinker. Should I pass, should I shoot, oh oh the puck is coming and it's an empty net but I'd better stop it so I can decide if I should pass or shoot. Wait is someone open?... there are only 3 guys in between me and my LW so I think I'll pass... oh wait... maybe I'll shoot now that the blocker has arrived :facepalm:

I know I know next year they'll have some kid named White or Brown........ who'll come and save the franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad