Pre-Game Talk: SENS Phaneuf eats Chicken WINGS edition- Wed 7:00pm on SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I know it's been a long time, but I always thought Phaneuf looked better in red than he did blue.

phanuef.jpg

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wiercioch's value is practically zero right now. Can't imagine him getting moved unless part of a package.

Well, he's in the final year of his contract. Maybe he would be a decent (injury) insurance policy for a team looking to go on a long playoff run? Sounds like a good fit for a Chicago or LA.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Well, he's in the final year of his contract. Maybe he would be a decent (injury) insurance policy for a team looking to go on a long playoff run? Sounds like a good fit for a Chicago or LA.

I don't think Wiercioch fits the style of either team since he isn't mobile and he doesn't have the physical attributes to play in a Western playoff series. A vet with more experience in the West would be more valuable to the teams you mentioned.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
PW has been okay lately - not great, but not bad. He's been decent. Better than Wideman, who's just not very good. Too bad Boro or PW couldn't effectively play the RD role. That's our best 6.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Oh my god, even in a 30-second clip of a pre-game practice he looks a hundred thousand billion times better than anyone else we've lined up in the #2 LD spot this year.

... Uh, do we actually have two competent, NHL-caliber defensive pairings? WHAT IS THIS?!?
:laugh:His skating looks coffeyisk in practice compared to the slugs we have lined up on that side

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He definitely has confidence moving the puck, and does it with authority. That's definitely something we need.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Oh my god, even in a 30-second clip of a pre-game practice he looks a hundred thousand billion times better than anyone else we've lined up in the #2 LD spot this year.

... Uh, do we actually have two competent, NHL-caliber defensive pairings? WHAT IS THIS?!?

I wouldn't say to competent d pairings YET. Cecilia had been bad for 2 years now. If he responds well to having phaneuf then yes. 2 competent d pairing

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wouldn't say to competent d pairings YET. Cecilia had been bad for 2 years now. If he responds well to having phaneuf then yes. 2 competent d pairing

Really? Didn't take long to find our new whipping boy, complete with a cheesy play on his name.

Hoping that was an autocorrect...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I know it's been a long time, but I always thought Phaneuf looked better in red than he did blue.

phanuef.jpg

:handclap:

Wiercioch's value is practically zero right now. Can't imagine him getting moved unless part of a package.

I think BM still has some assets that could be put together along with Wiercioch into a decent package, however, I'm just not sure what kind of a return we would get for it but I'm hoping for Ladd.

Methot & Karlsson are a competent pairing although most I think want two guys who can equally put up pts. We could have that with Phaneuf & Kalrsson but then very little behind that. I like the idea of spreading out the scoring & I think the Phaneuf & Ceci pairing will certainly help Ottawa have two decent pairings. I disagree with you on Ceci in that he has been better than the other three while at the same time still learning at a very young age. I think this yr has been his best yr yet & seems to be getting better. I really hope with Phaneuf on the other side that these two make a very good tandem & Phaneuf helps to bring out the best in Ceci.

And Boro & Wideman won't be bad either, let's not forget that this is Wideman's first yr in the NHL & he has been in & out of the lineup as was expected. I think he will get better with time as he did in Bingo as he becomes more comfortable in the lineup & used to what the coach is demanding of him. Obviously it can always be improved but I think we have a decent group of defencemen now that everyone has fallen into their appropriate place & will get better.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Is Dzingle still up? With Milan gone it will be interesting to see who wins that permanent LW spot between Prince, Puempel, Dzingle, and McCormick.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Today keeps getting better and better.

I guess he might be interesting for a team looking to clear cap space for the off season. Other than that we're likely stuck with the bum.

Edler just fractured his fibula. He'll be out for a long time.

With the Nucks trying to also trade Hamhuis, you have to wonder if they'd be interested in a guy like Wiercioch.

I think Wiercioch has more value than we might think. Dmen go for good price and Wiercicoch has good advanced stats and has shown to be a guy hat can play top 4 minutes given the right circumstances.

I could see a team taking a flyer, he's also a RFA. I think we can get a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad