Pre-Game Talk: SENS @ PENS, Saturday night, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Yes but it could be worst though, you could be a Sabres fan they've been without playoffs for 12 years!!! I'm sure some of you here were in kindergartner the last time the Sabres made the playoffs. :laugh:
Yeah comparing to the worst teams is what's left for Sens fans I agree

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Interesting....Batherson, Tarasenko and Norris has the capability of being absolutely monsterously awesome or terrible.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Interesting....Batherson, Tarasenko and Norris has the capability of being absolutely monsterously awesome or terrible.

I think its a gamble that line will generate more than they give up when the Jo, Greig, Tank line has been good. Decent chance they struggle with chemistry but have to wait and see.

I am interested to see how 3 AHL callups handle Crosby , Malkin, Letang, Karlsson et al

Reactions: Senovision

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I think that line is going to be missing a hard working player with a motor who forechecks. Norris is playing pretty soft right now, Batherson is generally lazy outside of making sweet passes, and Tarasenko seems to have really good habits but has lost a step. I'm not optimistic. I'd prefer Batherson-Greig-Senko.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think its a gamble that line will generate more than they give up when the Jo, Greig, Tank line has been good. Decent chance they struggle with chemistry but have to wait and see.

I am interested to see how 3 AHL callups handle Crosby , Malkin, Letang, Karlsson et al
100%. I think it's interesting for sure. Although, I think Tank has the most points on the team, not sure how much of that is generated 5 on 5 vs PP, but yeah, it's time to load up in the top 6, try to score some goals, which will in turn take some pressure off the D and the G.

Agreed, and it's not just the AHL callups that we have to contend with, it's being the away team, so Kleven can expect matchups vs Crosby and Malkin, 100% no getting around it.

I think that line is going to be missing a hard working player with a motor who forechecks. Norris is playing pretty soft right now, Batherson is generally lazy outside of making sweet passes, and Tarasenko seems to have really good habits but has lost a step. I'm not optimistic. I'd prefer Batherson-Greig-Senko.
This will light a fire under Batherson IMO. He's been weak and we all know he can be one of the best forwards on the team. Tarasenko I don't see as losing a step - not yet, anyway. Norris is not the Norris we knew yet, for obvious reasons. They either sink or kill it, it'll be interesting.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
So true. If we miss this will 100% be the excuse even though we've been playing like shit anyway.
But they have not been playing like shit, they won 3 games & the last two they lost they almost came back against Buffalo & out shot them & it was Forsberg who had a tough game. While they had a shit 1st period against the NYI they ended up dominating the 2nd & 3rd periods catching up to them with their shots on net & surpassing them & were beat by a better goalie by only 1 goal. That's not playing like shit, that's competing hard, you see what you want to see, but at least be honest.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Not sure I like moving Tarasenko off the Greig line.

Looks like DJ is trying to create 2 lines vs 3 and turn Greig's line into more of a defensive line.

Wtf is that?
The lines were finally good last game. Kubalik looked better, Norris started to look better.
Have to keep tkachuk-Norris-batherson together.
Fire this clown now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Not sure I like moving Tarasenko off the Greig line.

Looks like DJ is trying to create 2 lines vs 3 and turn Greig's line into more of a defensive line.

Ohhhh boy.

Three injuries to your top 6 will do that to ya

I'd like to see what DJ can do with a full and complete roster. Only then can we judge him as a coach.
You just know Dorion is gonna drop a “he finally had a full roster. And we crushed Washington!”

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016
Who the f*ck is matinpalo

The lines are almost right. Maybe flip Tarasenko and Giroux and you'd be going.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
But they have not been playing like shit, they won 3 games & the last two they lost they almost came back against Buffalo & out shot them & it was Forsberg who had a tough game. While they had a shit 1st period against the NYI they ended up dominating the 2nd & 3rd periods catching up to them with their shots on net & surpassing them & were beat by a better goalie by only 1 goal. That's not playing like shit, that's competing hard, you see what you want to see, but at least be honest.

Speaking of seeing what you want to see....

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Surpised to see Kleven and Matinpalo as a pair. Sort of makes me think they aren't really planning on using them, which would be tough given that they haven't really wanted to use Bernard-Docker either.

If the score stays close Sanderson and Chychrun could take a run at 40 minutes tonight.

Reactions: OD99

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I expect getting peppered with more than 40 shots this game. Forsberg better be ready to stand on his head
Sometimes winning ugly is needed.

When I think back over the last two years, winning the odd ugly one was something we didn't do enough of.

We lost a lot of games where we outplayed the other side

We sure didn't win many games where we were outplayed

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Crosby and the Penguins will get a lot of power play chances gifted to them from the refs.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I don’t get why you’d break apart the 3rd line instead of shuffling the top two.
i rather put our most talented players on two lines and try that

Batherson and tarasenko both need to be in the top 6

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ah I missed that Korpi is starting. Either way, starting goalie for the sens better bring it

You’re not wrong. Pittsburgh is a team that is able to generate a lot, the depleted blueline is going to cause some chaos. Particularly concerned about Kleven defending against the counter attack in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad