Pre-Game Talk: SENS @ PENS, Saturday night, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Feel like Karlsson is going to put on a show for this one
He didn’t put on a show when he played us with the sharks.

So brannstrom on LTIR and kleven up?

Zub needs to get back asap.

If they don't get a W with 4 days between games you gotta think heads are gonna roll.
We can’t go 3-5. I would hope no POHO would allow for the potential of more bleeding after 3-5

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
He didn’t put on a show when he played us with the sharks.

So brannstrom on LTIR and kleven up?

Zub needs to get back asap.

We can’t go 3-5. I would hope no POHO would allow for the potential of more bleeding after 3-5
I have to imagine DJ's on a game-to-game leash right now. Hell, might not even be enough at this point. They might be lining up some contracts for a new coaching staff and planning on rolling heads asap.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I have to imagine DJ's on a game-to-game leash right now. Hell, might not even be enough at this point. They might be lining up some contracts for a new coaching staff and planning on rolling heads asap.
You would think whatever new GM they hire has their guy. Especially a super experienced one

Example chiarelli. (Not supporting That choice or anything) but I’m sure a guy like that has at most 3 guys he’s gonna call as soon as he gets the job.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Pens are going to roast us. Big games from Crosby and Malkin almost guaranteed.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
You would think whatever new GM they hire has their guy. Especially a super experienced one

Example chiarelli. (Not supporting That choice or anything) but I’m sure a guy like that has at most 3 guys he’s gonna call as soon as he gets the job.
The GM's not an immediate problem unless Staios' early evaluations suggest the roster, as it's assembled, isn't good enough. The search for a new GM should be informed by what expectations the execs have for the next 5 years of the team and what kind of person they need to accomplish it. That should take a little time and consideration.

In the short term, a coaching change is justified and, possibly, urgent.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Elliot Friedman statement today on the Jeff Marek show... "I've been tracking a stat for a number of years.... If you are 4 or more points back as of Nov 1st, you have a 15% chance of making the playoffs"... Yikes!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Elliot Friedman statement today on the Jeff Marek show... "I've been tracking a stat for a number of years.... If you are 4 or more points out of lead as of Oct 1st, you have a 15% chance of making the playoffs"... Yikes!
This made me dizzy. Did you mean November 1st

And did you mean out of playoffs

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Elliot Friedman statement today on the Jeff Marek show... "I've been tracking a stat for a number of years.... If you are 4 or more points out of lead as of Oct 1st, you have a 15% chance of making the playoffs"... Yikes!
Huh? Is that supposed to say November?

Reactions: WallyD

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Can’t wait for Bruce Garrioch’s profound insight after the first period; “Wendy’s chicken nuggets aren’t as good as McNuggets, also Brannstrom was lucky to get a contract at all and he deserves to be out for a while after being dumb enough to get injured.”
Should probably throw a dig in there at a media personality, a random blogger perhaps?

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
This made me dizzy. Did you mean November 1st

And did you mean out of playoffs
Yes, apologies, I've corrected it...

Here is what EF points out...

"Elliotte Friedman often mentions the Nov. 1 benchmark: Teams four points (or more) out of the playoffs at that point rarely overcome the deficit. Since 2005-06, 46 of 52 teams (88 per cent) that far out on Nov. 1 ended up missing the playoffs."

I quote this not from Marek today but from a more detailed sportsnet article that expands on his premise... "NHL Team Playoff Hopes Start to Die November"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad