Confirmed with Link: Sens name Kurt Kleinendorst head coach of AHL affiliate in Binghamton

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Wait... what?

I mean... what???? I mean Im happy, I think...

Edit: i thought of bringing up his name for this, but figured it was too farfetched...

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
His teams have won two championships-the Bingo Calder win and the US under 18 championship.
Always liked the guy and was sorry he left.I feel so much better about the coaching in the Sens organization now.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Sure is weird how he never got an NHL opportunity.

You would think his Calder Cup would have convinced someone to give him a chance.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That. Is. What's up!

Yeah, KK is back!
I'm pumped right the **** up now

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Great news

He was also in Switzerland after leaving Bingo wasn't he?

I wonder if Boucher/Crawford helped convince him

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I thought he was given a big sack of money from an upstart DIV 1 NCAA team to get their program on their feet? Did I imagine that?

He coached at U-Alabama Huntsville, but I don't know if he was lured away from Bingo because of it, or if he just sort of fell into the job after leaving Bingo.

He resigned from UAH after only one season because he missed pro hockey. Not sure if that gives any insight on whether or not me was lured away, though.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
According to the radio guys, KK contacted the Sens org to express interest when it was made known Luke would not be back, says it was one of his biggest career regrets leaving the org in the first place.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I think, because I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly, but he wanted a real opportunity at an NHL coaching job, but with how things were going in Ottawa he wasn't going to get that opportunity in our organization.

Germany.

It was a "personal decision". He left on very good terms.

I thought he was given a big sack of money from an upstart DIV 1 NCAA team to get their program on their feet? Did I imagine that?
Regardless, I'm very happy he's back with the b Sens.

Thanks for the responses!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm all for having KK back, but his last year here wasn't exactly a success.

The teams record was worse than this past season under Richardson, and had Hoffman, Locke, Petersson, DaCosta, Parrish, Lehner, Wiercioch, Boro, Gryba,

Everybody remembers the successful season by KK, but forget the failure. Hope this second stint with the team is more like his first season and not like his second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad