OT: Sens Lounge XCVII: "Zorf; 21 times!" Edition

What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
What advice would you give your 20 year old self?

Buy a home in Toronto... Even if it was a bit of a stretch at the time. (Currently in the process of finding a home and it is a pain).

Hind sight is 20/20.

But I probably wouldn't have changed much to be honest.

Also... Yes to pineapple on pizza. Mr HIPA hates it... So when he goes out, I always order it in. Pineapple, pepperoni, jalapenos. Sweet, salty and spicy.

Reactions: JungleBeat

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Shout out to the other parents of young ones .

Thanks for all the content on HF to scroll through , I've been up all night with a puking feverish 2 year old, and in between her puking and me watching her and worrying I read through a copious amount of nonsense ! Entertaining nonsense !

Ugh...I do not look forward to those days! Good luck to you!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Nobody's got it all figured out. Not at 20, not at 50, not at 100. Some are just better at faking it than others. It's okay to feel directionless, and it's okay to feel like life isn't going how you planned it. Just keep grinding and being the kind of person you'd like to be friends with, and it'll all work itself out.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Nobody's got it all figured out. Not at 20, not at 50, not at 100. Some are just better at faking it than others. It's okay to feel directionless, and it's okay to feel like life isn't going how you planned it. Just keep grinding and being the kind of person you'd like to be friends with, and it'll all work itself out.

Not if you work for the Government :laugh:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Shout out to the other parents of young ones .

Thanks for all the content on HF to scroll through , I've been up all night with a puking feverish 2 year old, and in between her puking and me watching her and worrying I read through a copious amount of nonsense ! Entertaining nonsense !

I don' t miss those days, hang in there pal and get that electrolyte drink...i was going to say i don' t remember but it came to me, Pedialyte (i had blocked it out lol).

Those little ones can dehydrate so fast

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Hold on to that specific stock for another month and make a million bucks at 27 yrs old. Instead of 22 grand! I would have probably blown it on Bre-x anyways haha. Or a Ferrari. So reinvest smartly.

Don't settle for that 93 Probe GT, while very nice, you really wanted that 93 Camaro Z28 but were impatient.

Try not to control everything in your 30s, you will be unhappy.

Pray more and don't forget the power of prayer and how it helps in the hard times, through the awful situations that happen , praying for the survival of a critically ill child.

Spend as much time as you can with your father before he passes away. It will never be enough.

Don't waste your time with phony people and fakes. Spend it on genuine people who actually care about you the person.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
What would I tell my 20 year old self?

Don't worry. It'll all work out just fine.

Also, borrow $5K from your parents and invest in certain key stocks.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I realize I’m a bit late on the driving escapade thread. I’ve experienced a little bit of everything that folks have described here.

My most unique experience however, was driving on a two lane highway. Summer time, mid-morning, not busy.

One vehicle in front of me, in front of that vehicle is police cruiser. The speed limit in the particular area was 90 kms. So we’re all gingerly driving along. Until dude or dudette in front of me decides to get impatient.

I’m not sure how many people know this, but when you pass a vehicle, the speed limit is still in effect.

So dude or dudette puts on the signal to passe the police cruiser at over 100 kms. Sadly, I was alone at the time and couldn’t share my disbelief with anyone but myself. So I profusely talked to myself and laughed in disbelief anticipating what was going to happen next.

As expected, as soon as dude/dudette merged back into the lane in front of the cruiser, there went the red lights.

I couldn’t wait to get to destination to tell anyone who would listen.
It's funny. A cop won't pull you over for passing them going the opposite direction at 20 over, but if you have the audacity to overtake them at the same speed, you're getting nailed.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
It's funny. A cop won't pull you over for passing them going the opposite direction at 20 over, but if you have the audacity to overtake them at the same speed, you're getting nailed.
Well.... actually, your first example happened to me. He went on the side of the road, waited for traffic to go by, made a uturn and came after me. Gotta love the 138 highway!

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008

I've passed a cop on the highway before. He was going exactly 100 in the right lane and the line of cars piling up behind him was ridiculous, so I passed him at 110 and he didn't do anything. Once I did that, every other car changed lanes and slowly passed him. Haha.

I will admit that I was nervous doing it, but it was worth the risk because driving at exactly 100km/h is torture.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
My office is like a sauna. It's so damn hot! We've closed all the blinds, I have a fan on, it's still too hot. It's making me outrageously tired. I have caught myself dozing off at my desk a couple times already.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

I think the worst thing I've ever seen was a guy who used his lights and siren to get through red lights. I'm not joking or remembering a movie. The roads weren't too busy and I guess he didn't' want to stop so on came the lights and he just blew through the light.

I was pretty shocked. The roads weren't empty and if someone was mad enough they could have written down the license plate quickly.

Reactions: Smash88

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
My office is like a sauna. It's so damn hot! We've closed all the blinds, I have a fan on, it's still too hot. It's making me outrageously tired. I have caught myself dozing off at my desk a couple times already.
You were doing a George Costanza...?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Well.... actually, your first example happened to me. He went on the side of the road, waited for traffic to go by, made a uturn and came after me. Gotta love the 138 highway!

I don't think I've ever gone down the 138 and not seen a speed trap.

That highway is notorious for them.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I think the worst thing I've ever seen was a guy who used his lights and siren to get through red lights. I'm not joking or remembering a movie. The roads weren't too busy and I guess he didn't' want to stop so on came the lights and he just blew through the light.

I was pretty shocked. The roads weren't empty and if someone was mad enough they could have written down the license plate quickly.
I actually see this all the time (last time was 4 days ago in Hintonburg turning onto Parkdale). Cop just has enough of waiting in line to merge with Parkdale traffic at a stop sign, hits the lights, goes around, and flicks them back off when he's done.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
LimeBank is getting some impressive tickets lately. 124, 128, 138, 126, etc... in an 80 zone. Cops are just picking off 19yr olds and other G2s.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

I've seen this happen a few times, but mostly at night or before sunrise and without sirens. Possible explanations provided include: don't want to put noisy sirens on outside of day time hours, could have started responding to a call, but someone else was closer so they turned of the lights and stopped heading that direction.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
One of these days I'm going to have a nap desk built like George Costanza. That's living the dream right there.
Just make sure you have that huge alarm clock, mags and that Melnyk doesn’t walk into your office with his grandkids...... with a little dog!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Happens a lot where I am...coincidentally right on the schedule when Timmys donuts are fresh out of the oven int he early morning.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I don't think I've ever seen someone do it so blatantly before or since. Usually the cops around my area play by the same rules and often they're in unmarked cars too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad