OT: Sens Lounge XCVII: "Zorf; 21 times!" Edition

What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Nice. Never tried it with Adobo before, I'll have to do that one night when the kids are away at Grandma's.

Cooked up real nice. My leg was only about 8 pounds so the cooking time was a bit wonky. But other than that it was a hit.

Edit: also, tortiere and scrambled eggs is a wonderful, wonderful combination.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I remember reading somewhere that Tesla is going to start releasing more affordable lines of cars, or maybe they have already.

Didn't Musk also release the specs for his battery and engine? Its like he wants competition. He's the opposite of most business men

Apparently, Porsche is preparing a pretty big dagger for Tesla with amazing electric cars on the horizon. I think everyone is catching up now.

I don't know, well I actually know for a fact . that I cannot drive a car without soul or emotion. But more of those sold keeps the dinosaur powered cars around longer!:naughty:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Cooked up real nice. My leg was only about 8 pounds so the cooking time was a bit wonky. But other than that it was a hit.

Edit: also, tortiere and scrambled eggs is a wonderful, wonderful combination.

Oof, I can totally see that working. Drooling.
I am going to try Orto tomorrow night with a pre-emptive Valentine's Day strike...I was a big fan of Navarra so looking forward to seeing how Rene Rodriguez cooks Italian. I saw a pasta dish with bottarga, which I have to try!

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Oof, I can totally see that working. Drooling.
I am going to try Orto tomorrow night with a pre-emptive Valentine's Day strike...I was a big fan of Navarra so looking forward to seeing how Rene Rodriguez cooks Italian. I saw a pasta dish with bottarga, which I have to try!

I went to Navarra many years ago and it was awesome. I’m sure Orto is gonna be killer; menu looks unreal.

I love Italian food more than anything. It’s a good thing I moved to NYC haha.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I always like when this thread goes all foodie!!!

I may make that pork as I have a leg of pork that I need to do something work.

Currently making hamburger helper... Yes that is what I'm making. (Although I did make it with homemade tomato sauce and such).

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I always like when this thread goes all foodie!!!

I may make that pork as I have a leg of pork that I need to do something work.

Currently making hamburger helper... Yes that is what I'm making. (Although I did make it with homemade tomato sauce and such).
We make 30 bushels of tomato sauce...guess my nationality!

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
One of the most annoying things about living in Alberta is how so many people think it is acceptable to just talk shit about politicians they don't like (ie Trudeau, Notley). I don't want to say anything to co-workers or random people because I don't want to stir the pot. But it really gets on my nerves how people assume everyone agrees with them and they are totally right.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
One of the most annoying things about living in Alberta is how so many people think it is acceptable to just talk **** about politicians they don't like (ie Trudeau, Notley). I don't want to say anything to co-workers or random people because I don't want to stir the pot. But it really gets on my nerves how people assume everyone agrees with them and they are totally right.

I run a small landscaping business in rural Pennysylvania. My customer base is mostly old and Republican, my area Voted 80% for Trump. I can't talk politics, my livelyhood is literally at stake. They all assume I'm one of them. I feel yah. Regardless of you affiliation, politics is dangerous stuff in the current climate.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
One of the most annoying things about living in Alberta is how so many people think it is acceptable to just talk **** about politicians they don't like (ie Trudeau, Notley). I don't want to say anything to co-workers or random people because I don't want to stir the pot. But it really gets on my nerves how people assume everyone agrees with them and they are totally right.

A friend of my family is currently a female MPP for the NDP government in Alberta.

The number of rape, assault, and death threats she has received since she has taken office has completely discouraged me from ever wanting to visit the province (outside of Calgary) ever again.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
A friend of my family is currently a female MPP for the NDP government in Alberta.

The number of rape, assault, and death threats she has received since she has taken office has completely discouraged me from ever wanting to visit the province (outside of Calgary) ever again.

I get you. I have never really felt at home here. And I am working in Okotoks so a lot of customers and Co-workers are from places like Black Diamond, High River, Nanton etc. The incident I am referring to today was in the break room. The news was on tv and they were showing a clip of Trudeau meeting the governor of California. He was saying the most basic unpolitical things like "we look forward to working together" but people were saying "shutup, nobody wants to hear what you have to say" and "Who likes him anyways? Nobody". How can you even be taken seriously when discussing politics when you won't even listen to the prime minister? A customer today also said something along the lines of he would rather have Trump than "Dingbat Trudeau" or "Comrade Notley" because at least Trump "can make a decision".

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I get you. I have never really felt at home here. And I am working in Okotoks so a lot of customers and Co-workers are from places like Black Diamond, High River, Nanton etc. The incident I am referring to today was in the break room. The news was on tv and they were showing a clip of Trudeau meeting the governor of California. He was saying the most basic unpolitical things like "we look forward to working together" but people were saying "shutup, nobody wants to hear what you have to say" and "Who likes him anyways? Nobody". How can you even be taken seriously when discussing politics when you won't even listen to the prime minister? A customer today also said something along the lines of he would rather have Trump than "Dingbat Trudeau" or "Comrade Notley" because at least Trump "can make a decision".

People don't want to listen to Trudeau because he can only virtue signal.

To quote him most recently, you can't say "mankind". In Canada, "We prefer to say peoplekind"

I too would prefer Trump over Trudeau. My biggest regret is voting for that lying clown.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007

Although those things are terrible to be on the receiving end of, it is hardly exclusive to Alberta. Pretty much anyone of any fame/power anywhere in the world receives the same treatment. I like Albertans! They are generally nice folk :) As are, most people on this super amazing and beautiful planet!

Go Earth Go!

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
And you get uneducated responses from ppl all over.

While I am politically one way, if you can have a decent discussion politically without the name calling I'm all for it! The issue is so many don't actually understand politics and proceed to go to name calling instead. In Ontario it is very funny when ppl blame Wynne for something that is either municipal or Trudeau for something that is provincial. Go take a civics class then we can have a discussion!

Apologies for politics...

Pizza day right!? Olympics!?

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Gotta say I love the Olympics.

Looks like we will get at least one medal today in snowboarding. Mark McMorris who was on life support less than a year ago (his story is pretty cool - had a long segment on him on CBC) will get something. Possibly two snowboarding medals.

Edit: Silver and bronze for Canada

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Same thing in rural Ontario.

It's discouraging. Instead of sitting down and trying to learn what is going on and just how complex some of these issues are (holy hell, international trade is a beast to figure out!), a lot of folks just take sides like the political parties are sports teams. This is our future we're talking about...not a "my party won so everything in life is good" or "my party lost so everything that happens is the other guys fault" kind of routine.

Reactions: DrEasy

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Apparently, Porsche is preparing a pretty big dagger for Tesla with amazing electric cars on the horizon. I think everyone is catching up now.

I don't know, well I actually know for a fact . that I cannot drive a car without soul or emotion. But more of those sold keeps the dinosaur powered cars around longer!:naughty:

I agree with your sentiments.

It's why after driving my previous car into the ground, I'm actually going against all the advice I would usually give, and leasing a vehicle for a couple years while the next wave of electrics is deployed. My wifes vehicle is owned and being driven into the ground as we speak.

I fully plan on having at least one of our next "owned" cars being a plug in electric, and by the time that vehicle is done, we are probably into self driving vehicles.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I enjoy the Olympics as well. Lots of fun sports to watch. Good to see Canada doing so well so far. Will miss the NHLers at the Olympics but will still watch and wish all the amateur hockey players well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad