What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Like, the soundtrack to it?

A better produced concert version of this essentially. Double vinyl, four 20 minute tracks comprised of medleys from all the games up to VI. On a personal note, V has some really great melodies, that one doesn't get enough love.

That's the guy who made most of the music for all the games.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

A better produced concert version of this essentially. Double vinyl, four 20 minute tracks comprised of medleys from all the games up to VI. On a personal note, V has some really great melodies, that one doesn't get enough love.

That's the guy who made most of the music for all the games.

Nice, I could listen to that for sure

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yep...fords really suck. At least the water drains from your doors....mine just ice up and it's near impossible to open them at certain temperatures. And we've had that crack in the door arm thing too....feels like one day, the drivers side door might just fly off. And don't get a ford hatchback of any kind....they're designed in a way that opening the back hatch enough times will cut all the wires to your rear lights....and drain the battery. Found that one out the hard way.

I've actually had really good experiences with Fords. Let's see:
1993 Ford Probe GT, great car and engine.
1998 Ford Contour, real good.
1999 Mustang GT, oil and gas, no issues, lot of smiles.
2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer...remember those? Black and gold trim, great vehicle, no issues and nice V8.
2005 Mustang GT, picked up April 17, 2005, Mustang 40th birthday I think? The first retro style Mustang and felt like I was in a Lamborghini, the attention was off the charts. Thumbs up everywhere! No issues, and black, red interior, lowered it was a stunner.

Nothing since but have rented some. Sometimes you get lucky ( like I have) . Other times, shit happens. I have had a few Benzes lately that have been the least reliable cars I have ever leased, although much higher quality. Or perceived quality?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Any one have recommendations for recruiters? I love my current job but I might want a career change, working in sales has its perks and benefits but I want something that won't be stressful for me in 10-15 years times and I'd like to think about that right now.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
I've actually had really good experiences with Fords. Let's see:
1993 Ford Probe GT, great car and engine.
1998 Ford Contour, real good.
1999 Mustang GT, oil and gas, no issues, lot of smiles.
2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer...remember those? Black and gold trim, great vehicle, no issues and nice V8.
2005 Mustang GT, picked up April 17, 2005, Mustang 40th birthday I think? The first retro style Mustang and felt like I was in a Lamborghini, the attention was off the charts. Thumbs up everywhere! No issues, and black, red interior, lowered it was a stunner.

Nothing since but have rented some. Sometimes you get lucky ( like I have) . Other times, **** happens. I have had a few Benzes lately that have been the least reliable cars I have ever leased, although much higher quality. Or perceived quality?

I've had good experience with Ford too. I think with the N/A dealerships you need to be careful with what models you chose.

Ive bought

1990 F150 5.0L

1998 Mustang GT 4.6L

2011 Ranger 4x4 4.0L

2015 F150 4x4 3.5L

All great proven platforms. My only regret is not getting the 5.0 on the new truck. Always been on the fence with their diesels and ecoboost. 7.3L diesel was the best by a mile. Many others had problems.

If you want a reliable little car id get a base model Toyota or Honda. Lots of the economy stuff Ford/Chev/Dodge puts out are disposable vehicles.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Well going out on a hiking date Thursday. Was thinking for a third date Japanese Village would be a good idea as she said she has never been to a teppanyaki restaurant.

Nothing bonds two people faster than grilling beef and downing sake.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
City still relies on 'magic' method for locating water

The city says it still routinely uses the age-old detection technique, also known as dowsing or water witching.

Ottawa is one of the last large Canadian cities to resort to divining, even occasionally.
These days the technique is "rarely used" by his crew, Levesque said, estimating they reach for the rods "once or twice" out of the 150 calls they receive in a typical week.

I know it's newsy but LOL. Once or twice a week this shit happens in 2017.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Just bought my first Vinyl album (not including what my parents gave me) - Radiohead OK Computer

Ready to go when the cartridge/stylus and pre-amp arrive on Monday :)

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I’m sure people want updates on my fly situation. I found the source this morning and it’s so effing gross. We have an electronic litter robot for our cat and the filter inside the robot is filled with larvae.

Cleaning with bleach everywhere as we speak. So goddamn gross.

That is pretty disgusting!! Glad it is getting cleaned up!

As a child we had an ant problem, and for months we couldn't figure it out. My parents got our windows replaced and the ants had made a full ant farm in the wall under the window (it was like 4ft x 4ft in size)

Last edited:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

I know it's newsy but LOL. Once or twice a week this **** happens in 2017.

Apparently that works. It has something to do with magnetic fields of the earth that shift near water sources. So if you can use a rod that I think vibrates when there is a water source. I'm no expert but apparently my grandmother did it as a child and they shipped her all over the country to tell people where to dig wells.

Also I'm sorry the multi quote doesn't seem to work from my phone!

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Wikipedia's page on diving says:

Dowsing is considered a pseudoscience, and there is no scientific evidence that it is any more effective than random chance.[2][3]

Science writers such as William Benjamin Carpenter (1877), Millais Culpin (1920) and Martin Gardner (1957) considered the movement of dowsing rods to be the result of unconscious muscular action.[62][63][64] This view is widely accepted amongst the scientific community.[8][9][65][66] The dowsing apparatus is known to amplify slight movements of the hands caused by a phenomenon known as the ideomotor effect: people's subconscious minds may influence their bodies without consciously deciding to take action. This would make the dowsing rod susceptible to the diviner's subconscious knowledge or perception; but also to confirmation bias.[8][67][68][69][70]

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I know it's newsy but LOL. Once or twice a week this **** happens in 2017.

I worked with a guy this summer laying water + sanitation pipes. He used this method and was 100% accurate. It didn't work at all for anyone else in the company. It was the first time I ever heard of it, but somehow he did it. I thought he was full of shit until I saw it. Literally, 100% accurate. He would just rest two steel wires on his hands and slowly walk and they would just sort of... come together. I just walked with him and spray painted lines by his feet to denote where he said the pipes were going. Doesn't matter what he was over: concrete, grass, dirt, gravel... I still can't believe it but somehow he could do it :laugh:

He wasn't very educated, but he did have like 15 years experience. He learned it from his dad, and he had no idea why or how it worked. It was very funny. I still don't believe my eyes, but hey, stuff like this makes these kinds of jobs a little more entertaining. Unless you've spent 5-6 days a week digging holes for 10+ hours, you probably can't appreciate these little things :nod:

Reactions: maclean

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think it's in the hands...some folks just have soft hands that are capable of incredible things. Playing a piano, handling a puck like a magician, drawing amazing images, holding wires just right to hit on whatever magnetic thing they do, etc...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I've had good experience with Ford too. I think with the N/A dealerships you need to be careful with what models you chose.

Ive bought

1990 F150 5.0L

1998 Mustang GT 4.6L

2011 Ranger 4x4 4.0L

2015 F150 4x4 3.5L

All great proven platforms. My only regret is not getting the 5.0 on the new truck. Always been on the fence with their diesels and ecoboost. 7.3L diesel was the best by a mile. Many others had problems.

If you want a reliable little car id get a base model Toyota or Honda. Lots of the economy stuff Ford/Chev/Dodge puts out are disposable vehicles.
I think everyone at some point or another should have a pony car of some sort....Mustang, Camaro, Challenger. So much fun.

My brother had a 97 Mustang Cobra SVT, what a motor! Remembe the 87 -92 5 litre? I think it is $11,848.00! Out the showroom door and around the first lightpole

Reactions: Mr Hat

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Apparently that works. It has something to do with magnetic fields of the earth that shift near water sources. So if you can use a rod that I think vibrates when there is a water source. I'm no expert but apparently my grandmother did it as a child and they shipped her all over the country to tell people where to dig wells.

Also I'm sorry the multi quote doesn't seem to work from my phone!
Yup apparently some people have the gift to do it... Glad they do too.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
I think everyone at some point or another should have a pony car of some sort....Mustang, Camaro, Challenger. So much fun.

My brother had a 97 Mustang Cobra SVT, what a motor! Remembe the 87 -92 5 litre? I think it is $11,848.00! Out the showroom door and around the first lightpole

I wanted an 02 Cobra so badly. Forged crank and blower on a production car at that price point was bad ass. You could put 500hp to the wheels with stock diff and tranny.

Having a cool car that you paid for is cool when your a young dude.Now i have a practical vehicle and get my fix from 2 stroke toys lol

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I know History Channel has gotten really stupid with all the pawn shop, alien, and conspiracy shows... But Forged in Fire is awesome.

If anyone hasn't seen it, it is basically like any cooking contest show (like Chopped), but instead of cooking food they make swords, daggers, ect. Really awesome!

I've wanted my own forge since I was a kid, and when I'm done school, that's going to be a requirement for when I'm looking to buy a home. No apartments for me!

Also, on the topic of school...Good luck to everyone who's about to write finals! I just got the good news on Friday that I passed my clinical rotation at the hospital (lots of people have failed so far). Quite the relief!!

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I know History Channel has gotten really stupid with all the pawn shop, alien, and conspiracy shows... But Forged in Fire is awesome.

If anyone hasn't seen it, it is basically like any cooking contest show (like Chopped), but instead of cooking food they make swords, daggers, ect. Really awesome!

I've wanted my own forge since I was a kid, and when I'm done school, that's going to be a requirement for when I'm looking to buy a home. No apartments for me!

Also, on the topic of school...Good luck to everyone who's about to write finals! I just got the good news on Friday that I passed my clinical rotation at the hospital (lots of people have failed so far). Quite the relief!!
Don’t be this guy though. Man Inspired by TV Show ‘Forged in Fire’ Sets Off Huge Blaze, Officials Say

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

There's a book series out called The Long Earth, that kindled my interest in blacksmithing/forging. The concept that you can move to alternate Earths (these Earths are like ours, only no humans), except, for some reason, metals can't travel with you. So, travelers setting up on different Earths had to rely pretty heavily on blacksmiths at first to craft a lot of the basics we take for granted.

It really is an interesting thought experiment...how much we rely on technology and human inventions, and what we would do without them (or at least without the knowledge to re-invent those technologies). Something as simple as acquiring a set of nails would be a challenge on a 'new' Earth.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Ugh I think I suffered a mild concussion during my game earlier today. I have stiffness in my neck too.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
May be coincidence, but in both concussions I got from hockey in the past couple years a visit to the chiro and a massage therapist alleviated 90% of the symptoms in a day. Still had plenty of dark room time and lots of water too but I found they helped.
More so for the one where a guy stepped up into me at the blue line after I chipped the puck around him (and subsequently I got his elbow to my ear and forearm across the jaw), than the one where I took a full windup slapshot from inside the faceoff dot to the forehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad