OT: Sens Lounge XCVII: "Zorf; 21 times!" Edition

What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Changing gears a bit, holy hell the NHL18 soundtrack is horrible

I guess some of us aged out of the music they go with for those games. They seem to target late teens, early 20s with that stuff. Can you still add your own music for the menus in those games?

And hows the be a gm mode? I used to love that stuff, but haven't even played an NHL game in over 2 years.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I am an early 20 and I have hated the NHL sound track for a while. But I never really liked popular music of generation.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Back in the day I enjoyed the NHL soundtracks a lot. Haven't played a NHL game in a few years. I thought I read though you could add your own music to the games though.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Anyone give the new Foo Fighters album Concrete and Gold a listen? I'm loving it more every time I listen to it.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Haha I can only imagine. Brokers and all that ****. My friend has a very nice place in park slope I love visiting him.

Park Slope is gorgeous. Such a nice neighbourhood.

I will probably be living in Brooklyn as well. Rent isn't much cheaper these days but the apartments seem quite a bit bigger. I've been lucky enough to avoid brokers at this point and my employer will cover some of the fee in the event that it comes to that. Fingers crossed.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
The end is in sight!!! Induction booked which means I can enjoy a few preseason games before baby and enjoy the beautiful weather!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Park Slope is gorgeous. Such a nice neighbourhood.

I will probably be living in Brooklyn as well. Rent isn't much cheaper these days but the apartments seem quite a bit bigger. I've been lucky enough to avoid brokers at this point and my employer will cover some of the fee in the event that it comes to that. Fingers crossed.

Before moving to Switzerland, we were considering moving to NYC (it was a choice between the two... a choice we would do differently if we had a do-over, to be honest).

We were also looking at Brooklyn for the same reasons. My wife's job would have been in Manhattan, but the apartments there are either way too expensive, or the size of a small closet, or both. Brooklyn wasn't a huge price savings, but the places were significantly bigger in size, which for a family of 4 was a big deal.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Before moving to Switzerland, we were considering moving to NYC (it was a choice between the two... a choice we would do differently if we had a do-over, to be honest).

We were also looking at Brooklyn for the same reasons. My wife's job would have been in Manhattan, but the apartments there are either way too expensive, or the size of a small closet, or both. Brooklyn wasn't a huge price savings, but the places were significantly bigger in size, which for a family of 4 was a big deal.

I can't even imagine the size and price of places in NYC.

Everytime I complain about Toronto I'll remember that! Although Toronto is becoming a bit less inticing these last few months. Just the fact that I've had to call 911 more than once because of knife fights outside is all the more push to leave.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Just out of curiosity why would you choose differently now? If that isn't too personal.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Thursday is the day. So hopefully baby by Friday.

I will have been off work a full 2 months by that point. Lol

Don't know how you haven't gone stir crazy yet!
Hope everything goes smoothly, and looking forward to baby pictures!

Last edited:

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Pretty much. Certain parts of Brookyln are also very convenient in terms of commuting into Manhattan (Brooklyn Heights, Prospect Heights, DUMBO, Williamsburg, etc.) so it's not too bad. I'd love to live in the East Village but the places there are hilariously small (or stupid expensive, or 1+ miles from the nearest subway lol).

All about trade offs I guess. Luckily the city is beyond awesome. Sucks I will be in an office for most of my time there but a great opportunity nonetheless.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Just out of curiosity why would you choose differently now? If that isn't too personal.

If we had known about the restrictions on non-EU citizens, we would have never moved here.

There are three classes of residents in Switzerland:
1) the Swiss
2) People with a E.U. passport
3) everyone else

If you find yourself in that 3rd class... who boy. It sucks. I don't want to get too deep into it here, but the way they have set up everything essentially penalizes any foreigner at every turn compared to citizens. From everything to living permits, to drivers licenses, to work permits, to taxes. We get the short end of everything, and we can barely make ends meet.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Don't know how you haven't gone stir crazy yet!
Hope everything goes smoothly, and looking forward to baby pictures!

Haha I am very lucky to have 4 best friends currently on maternity leave. So I've visited with them a lot!

But the last 2 weeks have been rough.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Pretty much. Certain parts of Brookyln are also very convenient in terms of commuting into Manhattan (Brooklyn Heights, Prospect Heights, DUMBO, Williamsburg, etc.) so it's not too bad. I'd love to live in the East Village but the places there are hilariously small (or stupid expensive, or 1+ miles from the nearest subway lol).

All about trade offs I guess. Luckily the city is beyond awesome. Sucks I will be in an office for most of my time there but a great opportunity nonetheless.

If memory serves me correctly, we were looking at places south of Greenwood.

Looking at a map, I think it was something like Borough Park area? Sunset park? I dunno, it was 2 years ago now. Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad