OT: Sens Lounge LXXXVIV - Roman Numerals!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I like the pizza at big rig
Ordered hamburgers and fish and chips. Very bland and below average for the price. I've never had to add salt to a burger before today. For the price it was not good. I could make better tartar sauce from stuff I have in my fridge than the glue they give. Funny thing too, I didn't realize I had to ask for condiments for the burger. halfway through I had to put some ketchup on it from my fries because it was so flavourless even though it had onion rings, bacon, and cheese on it.

You can get a great burger at Lonestar for 15 bucks. I think I paid 17.99 at the Rig. Beer was okay.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
Being self employed gives the advantage of being able to look like a viking and not worry about it, I havent cut my hair in 2 years, prune the beard into shape every month or so :toothless

On a slightly related note anyone know offhand what you guys are paying for a Scag Cheetah up north. Can't find a price list for any of the canadian dealers.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I'm straight up into man bun territory atm. No raegrets. Nothing like the wind blowing through my long luscious locks while on a bike ride or driving around in the summer. Girls seem to absolutely love it, so it ain't going anywhere until at least the winter.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones from this weak? It was so beautifully tragic.

Hold...the...door....

:cry:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
That episode of GoT really got me. Took me awhile to fall asleep because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Before October of last year I had about 17 months of head hair growth and about 8 months worth of a beard. Had a real classy caveman look going. Then shaved a 0 and kept a long moustache, looked a lot like Bronson...and no, not Pierce.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Hold...the...door....

:cry:

That episode of GoT really got me. Took me awhile to fall asleep because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I think after that episode we could finally see the return of Benjin Stark and have them merge his character with Coldhands from the books.

Also, really interested in seeing where Theon and Yara get off to. That story needs to go somewhere fast.

And somehow I think old Littlefinger played Sansa in this episode even though he seemed to show weakness for maybe the first time.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I think after that episode we could finally see the return of Benjin Stark and have them merge his character with Coldhands from the books.

Also, really interested in seeing where Theon and Yara get off to. That story needs to go somewhere fast.

And somehow I think old Littlefinger played Sansa in this episode even though he seemed to show weakness for maybe the first time.

Hopefully they are off to Meereen, like their Uncle hinted at wanting to do. That'd be sick.

Perhaps Littlefinger was wanting Sansa to feel more confident and more powerful? Nudging her towards attacking Winterfell and being the leader over Jon.

Edit: dont want to spoil

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Hopefully they are off to Meereen, like their Uncle hinted at wanting to do. That'd be sick.

Perhaps Littlefinger was wanting Sansa to feel more confident and more powerful? Nudging her towards attacking Winterfell and being the leader over Jon.

Yep, but what I'm worried about is that he didn't tell the whole truth about what's happening at river run and Brenner walks into something horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Well, this hit way too ****ing close to home.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Yeah this one hits me hard. I think back to a lot of big moments in my life, and the Hip was the soundtrack. I bought road apples to listen to on my discman the first time I ever went to Montreal, to meet some chick I met off ICQ .. . it goes on and on for me.

Just a band whose music spoke to me, in no small part from the metaphor in Downie's lyrics.

I don't know . .. just royally bummed out right now. This ****ing sucks on a personal level . . . and a cultural level for the country. All that of course is nothing compared to the impact on the band itself, and Downie's friends and family. **** . .. to go down when still so young . . . It's just awful.

Evidently they're going on one last tour. So if you need a reason to vacation back home . . . might be a good one.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
God damnit.

In one year, I'm going to lose both my dad and my favorite singer to Brain Cancer?

**** right off, you horrible ****ing disease.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Apparently the new album could take on a very Bowie-esque tone after this news. Downie and Bowie were pretty much my favourite artists growing up. Getting older sucks.

Saabman0508

Harb Quote Count: 9
Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
Absolutely awful news. Just terrible. I'm devastated. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

littleD

The Tragically Hip were my high school band. At least for the early years of high school. Hell, for people my age, everyone's high school band.

I didn't really listen to their music past Day for Night. Obviously I heard a radio single here and there, and I liked a lot of them. But I could go back to Up to Here-Road Apples-Fully Completely-Day for Night over and over and over again, even now.

Only ever saw The Hip once in concert. It was February 1995. Other than the music, I remember it for two very specific things... 1. It seemed like my entire high school was in attendance. Or at least the entire grade 10 class that I was part of. 2. Gord Downie mentioned the (very) sad sack Ottawa Senators. That was the lockout/strike season, so eight games into the season, Ottawa was without a win. They went out and won their first of the season the next night against Philadelphia.

I'm tempted to go to this tour assuming it hits Ottawa. But some of the video of live performances I've seen of Gord recently have not looked very good. Not sure if I want to just keep that memory of 1995 in my head, or if 2016 version would tarnish it.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
If anyone needs me I'll be watching Tragically Hip videos all night.

There's an awesome one out there I came across on the CBC a few weeks ago in regards to Canadians playing SNL with the Hip playing Grace, too with Dan Akroyd (following Kingstonian) indroducing them. I'll try to find it and link it.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
first live show i ever saw was a hip concert, at like 11 or 12? from what i recall it was the last show they played in kingston for the next two decades until the city built them a 'respectable' arena to play in

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It sucks. From what I hear, the second last concert will be in Ottawa...and the last in Kingston. Apparently it's only like a 1-month tour this summer.

Dude must have some amazing willpower to manage to pick himself up and put on one last romp across the country like this. I hope the fans bring their A-game, and make every show magical for him, as he will do for the fans.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Sad news about Gord... but what a legacy he is leaving.

Been listening to 'new' Hip in the last few years and one of the standout tracks from the album We Are the Same is Coffee Girl... The Hip have reinvented themselves somewhat recently... and growing up I loved Day for Night, Road Apples, etc... Give their new tunes a spin, it's good times.

Already figuring out our plans on how to get a whack of tickets for here in Ottawa and/or Kingston (although that final show in Kingston might be hard to get)... Even our newest British wife in the gang (buddy met her teaching in Korea) who just got her CDN citizenship feels it's the Canadian thing to do given what she's learned about the Hip...

Hey there coffee girl
Beautiful and disaffected
It was perfect till
He came along and wrecked it

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It sucks. From what I hear, the second last concert will be in Ottawa...and the last in Kingston. Apparently it's only like a 1-month tour this summer.

Dude must have some amazing willpower to manage to pick himself up and put on one last romp across the country like this. I hope the fans bring their A-game, and make every show magical for him, as he will do for the fans.

I agree, and I think its a testament to how much he loves playing music. He's choosing to share what little time he has left with his fans.

It's beautiful. I'm tempted to get tickets to go see them in Kingston for the last show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad