OT: Sens Lounge LXXXVIV - Roman Numerals!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I feel less and less excited about the new X-Men movie the more they show that Lawrence's role in it is very prominent. Not a fan of her taking over Xavier's lead, and her delivery of the lines is very stiff. I just don't buy her as that kind of character.

Hopefully it's just the advertising that's giving me that impression.

The people that have seen it are saying that Mystique isn't even in the movie, but Katniss Everdeen is.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I have had a hard time finding anything interesting about that movie.

When the stakes get wildly out of control into ridiculous, world-shattering destruction, as apparent in the trailer, everything starts to lose meaning as it all seems to blur into unrecognizable CGI confetti. It really pulls back the curtain on how similar these sorts of films really are.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The people that have seen it are saying that Mystique isn't even in the movie, but Katniss Everdeen is.

Yeah, well, that's pretty much how it feels from just the trailers. Discouraging knowing how representative of the entire movie it is. I still have some faith in the people behind this movie, as the last two were very very good, but giving into the J Law mania may be their downfall.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
So while on my flight to San Fran I land and get a voicemail from my credit union. I had someone attempt to use my card at a Walmart that wasn't me so I had to call back the automated thing and stop the card so now it's cancelled. That means I'm in San Fran with zero access to my checking account. Great timing!

And for work I have to put my hotel bill on my credit card and they eventually reimburse me so there's not a lot of money left to use on the credit card. At least I took a $100 out of the atm before I left.

Then I had to book it to my connecting flight because they checked my bag at the gate and I had to wait twenty minutes for it off the plane and why? Because the stewardesses just left and the bags were there the entire time but no one lifted the sliding storage style gate to let us know we could take our bags. I got some good cardio in at least and made the plane while it was boarding.

Then because I'm nice and want to save the university money I take a shuttle instead of a cab and this driver waits like an hour for people to get into his car and takes the worst routes possible. I was in that shuttle van for an extra hour and a half.

I'm exhausted. Walked to Chinatown because I didn't eat all day and night except for airplane pretzels and just finished dinner, the food is amazing and the weather is perfect. I run hot so I love this constant 60 degrees with a breeze.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Hit a quarter century today. Decent day so far. Girlfriend and I did some stuff in the morning, went for pancakes, a little drive. Now I'm making myself a driving playlist before meeting up with friends and hopefully some drinks and Super Smash / Mario Kart later !

Also, thought of a name for my new car: Flo

Because that makes me the Flo Rider

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Hit a quarter century today. Decent day so far. Girlfriend and I did some stuff in the morning, went for pancakes, a little drive. Now I'm making myself a driving playlist before meeting up with friends and hopefully some drinks and Super Smash / Mario Kart later !

Also, thought of a name for my new car: Flo

Because that makes me the Flo Rider

Thats a hella cool name for a car. I like.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Well happy happy birthday!

I'm sadly missing the rest of this gorgeous weekend by working nights! Lucky me! But looks like the summer is finally upon us here in Ontario!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Every time I shave my beard off I have to experience a couple of weeks of essentially being invisible because nobody recognises me

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That's why you shouldn't shave your beard off. Obviously.

I think I've shaved my beard off maybe... 3 times in the last half decade?

Funny enough, all 3 times were for Hallowe'en costumes (Garth Algar, Doctor Strange, Hellboy).

The 7-10 days it takes me to re-grow a reasonable facsimile of a beard is uncomfortable for everyone involved.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Seems like you and I are the opposite, Bonky. I get a haircut every 3 weeks (if I had the money it'd be every 2), but I can get away with a couple of days without shaving

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think I've shaved my beard off maybe... 3 times in the last half decade?

Funny enough, all 3 times were for Hallowe'en costumes (Garth Algar, Doctor Strange, Hellboy).

The 7-10 days it takes me to re-grow a reasonable facsimile of a beard is uncomfortable for everyone involved.

I've had a beard, or some form there of, since I was 16. Started of with a goatee, which was the thing in the 90s.

When I shave i look like a completely different person. I think the last time I did it was because some girl i was dating had her kids come home with lice.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
:laugh:
I used to be an every 2-3 week haircut guy (and really only need to trim the beard once or twice a week)

Letting the hair grow out now though, so it's like once every three months for a haircut.

Haven't decided what I'm doing with it for the wedding though. I do want to eventually grow out long enough to donate though since from what I understand it's basically perfect hair for what they do with it

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I touch my beard up once every few days, but as for the mop... haircuts several months in between, homie.

I'm straight up into man bun territory atm. No raegrets. Nothing like the wind blowing through my long luscious locks while on a bike ride or driving around in the summer. Girls seem to absolutely love it, so it ain't going anywhere until at least the winter.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones from this weak? It was so beautifully tragic.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ate at the Big Rig today and can say we were disappointed. The napkins were nice though. 5.5/10

The best thing I can say about the big rig is they sell their beer until 11 so if I work till 9 or 10pm on a weekday and want some beer, I just stop in there and grab a growler to take home. The beer is decent.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't need to shave more often than like once every five days. But the lack of routine makes me forgetful/lazy and I have the Crosby beard for a couple days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad