OT: Sens Lounge LXXX | HEY! BRANDINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
So would I make the table with just two fields(City name, country) or those plus population etc.?

Capital City(PK), Country(FK), Population, GDP, HDI, etc.
For country you have the name of the country (PK), the population, the capital (FK), etc.

For the capital you have the name of the capital (PK? although there could potentially be two capitals of two different countries with the same name, so maybe you should just auto-generate the PK instead), the country it belongs to (FK), its own population, etc.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Lots of countries have changed their capital over history, Canada's not unique in that. I bet most of you would be surprised what the capital of Burma/Myanmar is right now.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Hey guys, where should i start when building a computer?

I need to build a decent gaming com, my laptop is struggling to handle certain games.

I took a computer engineering course in Grade 11, so I know some basic stuff about the mother board and all that

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

I need to build a decent gaming com, my laptop is struggling to handle certain games.

I took a computer engineering course in Grade 11, so I know some basic stuff about the mother board and all that

A kitchen table is probably the best place. Lots of space.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

I think there is a stickied thread for this in the geek emporium. They will probably know more

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
You should have to take a course on public transit etiquette to ride. Amazing how many stupid people there are.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I watched Cloud Atlas just now. Wow I do not understand that movie at all. I only kept watching because I wanted to see where it went but nothing interesting ever happened. So boring.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I tried watching Cloud Atlas the first night I was in Rio because it was the only movie on that was in English... think I got about 25 minutes in and then turned it off because a) I was way too tired to think about what was going on and b) it seemed weirder than a Kubrick and Cronenberg film combined

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I watched Cloud Atlas just now. Wow I do not understand that movie at all. I only kept watching because I wanted to see where it went but nothing interesting ever happened. So boring.

The book is much easier to create an "understanding". I found that reading the book before hand made the movie easier to follow, which otherwise would have been a deterrent.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Just came back from Miami South Beach and what a beautiful, happening area. My goodness the money that is there is freaking crazy. Exotic cars, my wife ogling the Gucci and Jimmy Choo , $1000+ shoes the girls were wearing, while I was playing along, just checking out the fantastic talent in South Beach. Crazy. Rolls Royce Wraith. Lamborghini Huracan. Already.

Anyways, go to the malls and the Cheescake Factory has lineups in all locations I have ever been at. Why doesn't Canada have this moneymaker? Same with this other chain called "The Cheese Connection", unbelievably simple paninis with signature cheeses, not much more than Subway. I know that we have Panera now and wondering if someone already owns the franchise rights to these companies?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It might be the end of the road folks! It was a good ten year run though. Good times, good times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I built a gaming PC two years ago. I started by looking at the various gaming PCs being sold online and got the parts lists for them. I then looked at what the top parts were by reading various sites including Tom's Hardware. Then I upgraded the parts for the online machines to get the "best affordable" version for me. Bought the parts over time and then put it together. I found that putting it together myself resulted in a custom designed PC that would cost about 20% less than if I purchased one from a online supplier. Was a challenging and interesting set of tasks. Had some issues with some of the parts and software though. :)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It might be the end of the road folks! It was a good ten year run though. Good times, good times.

You're leaving?

As far as gaming PCs go I highly recommend NCIX, they'll even build the PC for you for 50$

That being said, building a PC is really easy and straightforward, no need to be afraid

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
You're leaving?

As far as gaming PCs go I highly recommend NCIX, they'll even build the PC for you for 50$

That being said, building a PC is really easy and straightforward, no need to be afraid

I've been a bad boy lately, so I guess we will see. I fully expect a username retirement ceremony if it happens. Just don't make it during a Sens-Leafs GDT.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
You're leaving?

I always get someone to do it for me. Getting the Bios setup right the first time always scares me off. I've never been charged though, because I bought the components from the place that put them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad