OT: Sens Lounge LXXX | HEY! BRANDINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
If it's from the CBC, for some reason I thought they have a department that would help in this case?

Basically say, hey I would like a copy of this program from this date/time for an academic paper?

Is it in their digital archives? I would try to find the original source if possible. If you can't, just properly cite the website and source material. Does the video on Youtube, have a source for it? Good luck.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Any databasers?

I got a question about relationship types.

I have a one to many relationship thats countries and its population, gdp, hdi etc. If I make another table thats just countries and its continent, is that a one to one relationship?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Any databasers?

I have a one to many relationship thats countries and its population, gdp, hdi etc. If I make another table thats just countries and its continent, is that a one to one relationship?
Each country has one continent, but each continent has many countries.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Any databasers?

One (continent) to many (countries).

EDIT: err, exactly what DrEasy just said.

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
k. I can't think of a 1:1 that involves countries.

But I get it now.

Capital?

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
But more seriously, you want the 1:1 to be with something that can live in its own table. Capital works great because it has a name, a population, etc.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
But more seriously, you want the 1:1 to be with something that can live in its own table. Capital works great because it has a name, a population, etc.

So would I make the table with just two fields(City name, country) or those plus population etc.?

Capital City(PK), Country(FK), Population, GDP, HDI, etc.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
South Africa has three now though. Not three changes

Eh... it's three, but it's not REALLY three. They just put different national powers in different cities. Bloemfontein is the judicial capital. There are no embassies there or anything.

It's technically three capital cities, but Pretoria is kind of the default capital. It's the center of the executive branch, and it's where all of the embassies are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad