OT: Sens Lounge LXXX | HEY! BRANDINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I didn't like Interstellar. The story was alright, until the ridiculously stupid ending, but what really killed it was the terrible main character (and the weak supporting characters).

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Whats the better option for my situation? Im in a college residence.

I've been taking the stairs every day because I get such little exercise but I realized yesterday im probably missing out on meeting or talking to a lot of people via elevator.

Taking the stairs to get an extra exercise or using the elevator for extra socialness?

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007

I've been taking the stairs every day because I get such little exercise but I realized yesterday im probably missing out on meeting or talking to a lot of people via elevator.

Taking the stairs to get an extra exercise or using the elevator for extra socialness?

Take the elevator and then hit the gym. You'll meet all the superior good looking people at the gym and one day you might look like one of them, too

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Do you guys think it's acceptable to cite this in an academic essay? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PikszBkfTHM

It's a cbc news segment but I can't find a more legitimate source of it. It's just a youtube upload from some rando. It wouldn't be my only source for the paragraph (others are more academic) but there's a couple of quotes I'd like to use from it.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Smash Bros for WiiU is so good... played it at my friend's house for like 6 hours yesterday.
I'm liking the new fighter Robin, even though I've never heard of him/her before.

I love it so far. The new Mario Kart 8 DLC is also provably the best DLC ivr ever gotten.

I've never seen the hunger games movies nor read the books. They any good?

I like them, but I don't think they're super amazing or anything. Above average action / drama in a time where there aren't too many decent ones. Apparently they are based on a Japanese book called "Battle Royale". Supposed to be better. Never read or seen e movies odd it, though.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

Taking the stairs won't make much of a difference. Take the elevator and if you're worried about your activity level do actual activity.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Do you guys think it's acceptable to cite this in an academic essay? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PikszBkfTHM

It's a cbc news segment but I can't find a more legitimate source of it. It's just a youtube upload from some rando. It wouldn't be my only source for the paragraph (others are more academic) but there's a couple of quotes I'd like to use from it.

If the quotes you use are from interviewees, then that is considered a primary source, so its OK. Anything the journalist says is not peer reviewed, so not OK.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
If the quotes you use are from interviewees, then that is considered a primary source, so its OK. Anything the journalist says is not peer reviewed, so not OK.

Ya I got that, just wondering if citing a youtube video uploaded by "llehman84" is acceptable.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Ya I got that, just wondering if citing a youtube video uploaded by "llehman84" is acceptable.

If it's from the CBC, for some reason I thought they have a department that would help in this case?

Basically say, hey I would like a copy of this program from this date/time for an academic paper?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Do both.

Take the elevators going up, and take the stairs going down. :)

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
If it's from the CBC, for some reason I thought they have a department that would help in this case?

Basically say, hey I would like a copy of this program from this date/time for an academic paper?

Hmmm, never heard of that. I'll look into it, thanks!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'd get shot if I tried citing a youtube video. However, it's clearly from a credible news source, so get the segment's info (from CBC I assume) and you'll be alright.

Re: taking the stairs.. I've lived in apartments the last 5 years. You aren't really missing much in the elevator. You'll see people on your floor regardless, and the other fit people will be taking the stairs, too. However... I do recognize the awesomeness of the random elevator encounter. In short, stairs up, elevator down.

I'm at Carleton right now, doing the late night/all nighter thing again. Submitting a polished thesis this Friday. The end is near.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Did you have a good time?

Wasn't quite the result you wanted, I guess.

Yeah, it was fun. Would have been nice if it was a little closer though. Edmonton was looking like they might make a comeback until a fumble.

Would be cool to see McMaster win the Vanier cup on Saturday and than Hamilton win the Grey Cup on Sunday. By my count 1980 was the only time it happened with the UofA and the Eskimos. Though the Bombers missed a chance in 2007, the Stamps in 1995 after their city's university won.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

I'd go stairs. Only people you're going to meet in the elevator are lazy bums. :sarcasm: But seriously, elevator encounters are not a prime social interaction. And I don't really get the people saying "stairs make no difference". I think real-life physical exertion has multiple times the value of gym exertion and being able to take stairs without looking like a 90 yr old is a good life skill imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad