OT: Sens Lounge LXXIII | Yeah, I'm still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Oh yeah, the Oscars...

Bhw-Q68CIAAlPgi.jpg

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I should make a short animated documentary in a foreign language, and sweep the oscars

more like the razzzies

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I had to take a morphine pill this morning. Still went to class. This may have been a mistake...

As long as you didn't drive to class, you'll be fine.

Go find the Music department and hope there's a class about The 60's in session. You need twenty CC's of Jefferson Airplane, stat.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I did. It didn't kick in until class. I am coming down and still have an hour of classes to go.

So I got some more inside information about the Ottawa U thing.
The girl told the guys that she would keep the information from going to the public if they apologized and stepped down. They did and she still released it. That is why they are going with a suit. I think the suit is to stop her from pressing charges which she said she plans on doing.

They deleted their facebooks because they all have received over 100 death threats.

Crazy.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I did. It didn't kick in until class. I am coming down and still have an hour of classes to go.

The girl told the guys that she would keep the information from going to the public if they apologized and stepped down. They did and she still released it. That is why they are going with a suit. I think the suit is to stop her from pressing charges which she said she plans on doing.

They deleted their facebooks because they all have received over 100 death threats.

Crazy.

Look, I don't condone what these guys did, but I find it patently absurd that they are being dragged through the mud for saying some awful sexual things via the internet, yet 100 DEATH THREATS via the internet is barely written about.

I don't even know why this is a story. What they did clearly was not acceptable, but I have no idea why it's getting as much press time as it is. "A bunch of idiots said stupid things on the internet" has got to be one of the "slowest news day" stories I've ever heard.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Look, I don't condone what these guys did, but I find it patently absurd that they are being dragged through the mud for saying some awful sexual things via the internet, yet 100 DEATH THREATS via the internet is barely written about.

I don't even know why this is a story. What they did clearly was not acceptable, but I have no idea why it's getting as much press time as it is. "A bunch of idiots said stupid things on the internet" has got to be one of the "slowest news day" stories I've ever heard.

I agree with this post.

I also think that making a big deal about these news stories won't stop things like this from happening

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH

If only there was a "like" or "thank you for this post" button.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

Crazy.

They didn't step down until after the convo went public, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad