OT: Sens Lounge LXXI: Ehem... Hockey Lounge (?) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't meet people from HF in real life - that's just weird.
Maybe a little awkward at first but I've met some pretty cool people online.
Silf and I were roommates, high school classmates, and now university program-mates.

We didn't meet on HF.

:laugh:
There's just such a strong bond between a laptop owner and the guy who pissed on said laptop.

Whichever one of you (Smeddy? CH?) suggested I watch Suits: thank you.

Apaharn

Aug 12, 2008
Roads are terrible atm. Ran across two cars who spun and wound up in the snowbank on Merivale/Fallowfield area tonight.

Be extra careful if you have to drive tonight.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I really dislike traditional thinking when it comes to education. "Seven page paper"...I think the instructor should direct you to research a topic, and then allow you to choose the size of the medium you wish to convey your message. Maybe it will take 5 pages, maybe some need 20. You should have the ability to present your work and justify it as is.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Profs have these criteria for good reason more often than not I think. If they think you can do justice to a topic in seven pages, you can. They've likely done it themselves and have seen it done enough to know what an appropriate cap should be. Complete freedom may mean having to slog through 20 pages of nonsense when the time for doing so does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad